Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

30 Second Logout Delay

Has there been any discussion about logging out delay? I'd recommend something around 30 seconds to prevent people from arbitrarily avoiding combat because they see a player in the distance, especially a corrupted player escaping from a bounty hunter that went through all the effort to come to fight them.

Comments

• Options
    This is stated to be a mechanic, already:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface

"There will be a logout delay to prevent players from immediately logging out of combat." -from 05MAY2017 Livestream

• Options
    There's nothing stopping anyone from ALT+F4 rage quitting, but it will just be laughed upon.
  • Options
    SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If someone alt F4s, their character should still be sitting in game during the timer so they can still be killed
  • Options
    Hellfar wrote: »
    There's nothing stopping anyone from ALT+F4 rage quitting, but it will just be laughed upon.

Usually the character itself doesn't dissapear.
  • Options
    The server will detect they ended their client and just log them out after whatever delay they set for a normal logout.

I hope logout delay is more than 10 seconds like most MMO's. Also extend the timer if you've been recently corrupted so you cannot loot someone and ditch the game till things cool off in that area an hour later.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Archmonk wrote: »
    The server will detect they ended their client and just log them out after whatever delay they set for a normal logout.

I hope logout delay is more than 10 seconds like most MMO's. Also extend the timer if you've been recently corrupted so you cannot loot someone and ditch the game till things cool off in that area an hour later.

With how little you will get for killing a player and gaining corruption, if it is viable to log out quickly afterwards I dont think many people would consider it worth doing.