Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thoughts on the Green Zone

RicRoccardRicRoccard Member
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
lol

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    What Green zone?
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    What Green zone?

Indeed.

What green zone?
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi RicRoccard,

The only safe places are: Player stalls, Player housing and Freeholds. In other words: only when your character is on your own property.
    There aren't any PvP or PvE-only zones. It's PvX everywhere.
    The corruption system will prevent people from killing mindlessly, but allows people to fight over whatever they want if they are willing to take the risk.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    you want a place to stay alive? stay away from ashes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    you want a place to stay alive? stay way from ashes

That's a good slogan.
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    First read, then start posting shit.

There is no green zone
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What about in cities/villages, etc.?
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    @tautau you can be attacked but guards will interfere
  • Options
    BricktopBricktop Member
    edited April 2021
    @George Black @Noaani @Warth

I think he's talking about that Matt Damon movie.

@ OP It wasn't very good.
  • Options
    Bricktop wrote: »
    @George Black @Noaani @Warth

@ OP It wasn't very good.

yeah I would give it a 4/10 no where as good as black hawk down
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    There is no green zone. There is Barbecue zone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »

I could see this changing. Might be a lot of dead mayors and attempted robberies.
    Shady folks just waiting at the bank for a high roller....
  • Options
    clone63 wrote: »

I could see this changing. Might be a lot of dead mayors and attempted robberies.

I could see this changing too. Cities might end up being classic safe zones.
  • Options
    clone63 wrote: »

The city is not safe take this *hand scroll of fireball*
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We know that mayors can spend resources on guards for sieges and for the Mayor's/City's caravans. Perhaps mayors might also be faced with a choice on whether or not to spend scarce resources on extra guards to patrol the city and keep it safe. Should they spend their money on police to avoid PKs during peacetime or save it up for a possible war but risk losing citizens because the streets were full of robbers?

Maybe the mayors could have choices between roving patrols or guards stationed at the banks and markets, or both.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited April 2021

You mean the Green Mile ... ?

Oh wait ...
  • Options
    sorry i triggered the toxicity in people. i didnt mean to.

i read that: "Battlegrounds are where PvP battles occur in the open world.[1] These are open world PvP zones that flag players as Combatants (purple)."

Which made me wonder, "shouldn't any/all areas cause people to flag as Purple? If not, what areas do not flag, and what are those areas called?"

I played Darkfall since EU Beta. I'm glad this forum isnt as toxic as Forumfall.

Again, i'm sorry i'm a scum bag and pissed everyone off. I need to better myself at knowing everything. sorry
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Hahah you are weird.

Battlegrounds are areas around castles, node cities, maybe some guild hideouts during siege time, when a siege has been declared. Also around caravans.

While inside such areas you automatically flag purple and can be killed without your killer gaining corruption.

Those situations have nothing to do with the corruption system (green purple red players).

There will also be some instanced battlegrounds of team v team type for people to casually PvP and blow off some steam, which hopefully wont have material rewards, turning them into a game within the mmo, like most mmos do for the last 10 or so years.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Now back to your green zones, why would you bother dreaming about such small areas with such common rewards with such stifling sense of security in which you and others would have to spam /gather in order to gather those common rewards before they dissapear to the hands of a nearby player, that -no matter what- you can't touch, and then wait for the next spawn, without anything to do in the meantime.

Why this strong need for a safety bubble at the expense of it being 10000% not fun or meaningful?

I am not toxic. I am just full on attacking this mentality of some people that are so averse to being attacked by other gamers.
  • Options

Why this strong need for a safety bubble at the expense of it being 10000% not fun or meaningful?

I am not toxic. I am just full on attacking this mentality of some people that are so averse to being attacked by other gamers.

i'm just trying to even understand the purpose of green in the first place.

people should be able to kill each other mindlessly anywhere anytime with zero repercussions.

• Options
    RicRoccard wrote: »

people should be able to kill each other mindlessly anywhere anytime with zero repercussions.

That would turn the whole world into a big boring battlefield instead of an mmo.
    Mmo is more than just combat. It's about character progress, gearing, exploration and organization.
    If those arent protected you end with something boring. Like what Cyrodiil is in eso.
  • Options
    NeauxNeaux Member

I agree - I might initially think you'd need a little protection in place to keep some 200 person guild from taking over something like a bank .. but then I'm guessing that would turn into a pretty spectacular fight :D
  • Options

Oh you’re referring to non combatants! Yeah it seems the only use of being a non combatant is to dissuade higher levels from just straight up killing you, avoiding corruption build up.

As to your second point? No, no they shouldn’t.
  • Options
    Barbecue wrote: »
    There is no green zone. There is Barbecue zone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd totally go there.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    There is no green zone. You can, however, visit winner's freehold of fun and death.
  • Options
    There is no green zone. You can, however, visit winner's freehold of fun and death.

Sounds like a great time
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

We shall make a great bbq party at your place. :*
    lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
  • Options

I'll bring the pork chops.

• Options

I will bring the beer

the_drunken_dreadnoughts_nagashs_dusty_hand_ale_by_the_great_geraldo_dcy88t4-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGIzZDFiY2MtYjM2MS00NDA5LTlhYzgtY2QxYWY4NmFlMDAxXC9kY3k4OHQ0LTAzOWE4YmI2LWJjN2ItNGYxZC04MjBkLWY2MjlhNzEyODY2ZS5wbmciLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTE1MTMiLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS53YXRlcm1hcmsiXSwid21rIjp7InBhdGgiOiJcL3dtXC8wYjNkMWJjYy1iMzYxLTQ0MDktOWFjOC1jZDFhZjg2YWUwMDFcL3RoZS1ncmVhdC1nZXJhbGRvLTQucG5nIiwib3BhY2l0eSI6OTUsInByb3BvcnRpb25zIjowLjQ1LCJncmF2aXR5IjoiY2VudGVyIn19.KZchsAo4G6QXRjBQVftVoLJ2IuY1dgOcdNBju1PLFno
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »

I will bring the beer

the_drunken_dreadnoughts_nagashs_dusty_hand_ale_by_the_great_geraldo_dcy88t4-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGIzZDFiY2MtYjM2MS00NDA5LTlhYzgtY2QxYWY4NmFlMDAxXC9kY3k4OHQ0LTAzOWE4YmI2LWJjN2ItNGYxZC04MjBkLWY2MjlhNzEyODY2ZS5wbmciLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTE1MTMiLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS53YXRlcm1hcmsiXSwid21rIjp7InBhdGgiOiJcL3dtXC8wYjNkMWJjYy1iMzYxLTQ0MDktOWFjOC1jZDFhZjg2YWUwMDFcL3RoZS1ncmVhdC1nZXJhbGRvLTQucG5nIiwib3BhY2l0eSI6OTUsInByb3BvcnRpb25zIjowLjQ1LCJncmF2aXR5IjoiY2VudGVyIn19.KZchsAo4G6QXRjBQVftVoLJ2IuY1dgOcdNBju1PLFno

That beer looks so good.
    Also, that 50/50 chance of death gives the beer a unique flavor and it's a surprise mechanic at the same time as well. That's truly impressive !
    Everyone should try that amazing beer at least once. :*
    lOdSqVw.png
    We are recruiting!