Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thoughts on the Green Zone

2»

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    RicRoccard wrote: »
    people should be able to kill each other mindlessly anywhere anytime with zero repercussions.

That stops the more casual players from playing. A subscription MMO needs a casual player base to survive.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    RicRoccard wrote: »
    sorry i triggered the toxicity in people. i didnt mean to.

i read that: "Battlegrounds are where PvP battles occur in the open world.[1] These are open world PvP zones that flag players as Combatants (purple)."

Which made me wonder, "shouldn't any/all areas cause people to flag as Purple? If not, what areas do not flag, and what are those areas called?"

I played Darkfall since EU Beta. I'm glad this forum isnt as toxic as Forumfall.

Again, i'm sorry i'm a scum bag and pissed everyone off. I need to better myself at knowing everything. sorry

Hi there. To answer your question, if everyone was flagged as a combatant all the time it would completely invalidate the corruption system (no green players to kill means nobody becomes corrupted). The whole point of it is that you have to consciously choose to fight back. If you don't choose the fight back (or cannot due to getting 1-shot by a much higher level player) then you stay green and the person who kills you becomes corrupted.

Anyway, I assume by "green zones" you mean areas where you cannot PvP at all. As far as I know the only places you can't PvP are in the starting areas and freeholds (except in freeholds that are under attack in the 2 hour window following a successful node siege). Everywhere else, including regular nodes, allow you to attack another player.

I hope that clears up any confusion for you.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    C'mon OP.

It's actually really healthy that forum members are interacting with each other and the discussion wasn't an echochamber.

We misunderstood your original question, don't take it personal.
    I wish I were deep and tragic