Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Chapter Seventeen: Quite a Quandary

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
jta17_1920.jpg

As we finish fusing the jewel’s power into our sword, a low whine begins to resound, cascading into an earth-trembling roar. Bursting upwards in a cloud of dirt, a colossal quarrior has tunneled into town! Your gem appears to be a strikingly similar yet smaller version of those that dot its armored surface. Perhaps you’ve made a mother mad...

How do we handle the quarrior?
💪 Attack the beast head on
🎣 Lure it away from the village
marketing.gif

Chapter Seventeen: Quite a Quandary 90 votes

💪 Attack the beast head on
32% 29 votes
🎣 Lure it away from the village
67% 61 votes

Comments

• KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Its gonna hunt down the owner of the sword for ever if we don't kill it. Heck it tracked the gem this far and tunneled into the town...
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • The village already got banged up by the last conflict, better lure it away and kill it far from the village.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tame it, breed it, teach the children to swim and use them as ships!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What I could do with the skeleton of that thing
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • luthien1984luthien1984 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Any way we could use its scales to craft or strengthen armor once it's dead?
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    What I could do with the skeleton of that thing

You can have the skeleton. I'll take the gems.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • AmarAmar Member
    edited April 2021
    Lure it away first no need to trash the town in the process...Sounds like we have a big tunnel to fill already... Better post some guards till that"s done as well since it's a way past the walls for the node that attacked before...By the size of that thing you could easily drive a group of war chariots right in...
    Amar wrote: »
    Lure it away first no need to trash the town in the process...Sounds like we have a big tunnel to fill already... Better post some guards till that"s done as well since it's a way past the walls for the node that attacked before...By the size of that thing you could easily drive a group of war chariots right in...

but if the town in trashes we get so many bodies to work with
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • setup lines of traps outside the village and lure the mob over them :)
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Always running away.
    Kill it. Kill it with fire before it multiplies.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    :O BEFRIEND IT!!!
    TAME IT!!!

It's an endless supply of Jewels!!!
    $_$
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • I wonder how the beast tastes like. Probably it's really yummy.
    We can make a big BBQ party, since it's huge. :*
    lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
  • I'm usually all blood and carnage... but that is the cutest f***ing thing i have ever seen in this game so far. If you think im not goanna use it or its babies for mounts, your really on some s***
    edited April 2021
    maouw wrote: »
    TAME IT!!!

$_$

ohhhh then we can break its legs and harvest the gems and then cast heal on it and keep taking the gems making it into a living gem mine.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• maouw wrote: »

Errr good luck with that...she seems pretty upset already considering she thinks you stole something from her baby >>
    Barbecue wrote: »
    I wonder how the beast tastes like. Probably it's really yummy.

How do you plan to get past that rock-hard exterior?!
    I'm usually all blood and carnage... but that is the cutest f***ing thing i have ever seen in this game so far.

Even when it's 50 feet tall and angry?!
    community_management.gif
  • Barbecue wrote: »
    I wonder how the beast tastes like. Probably it's really yummy.

How do you plan to get past that rock-hard exterior?!
    That's a very good question and I'm glad that sis Toast asked. :)
    I researched a bit and the beast seems to be a giat version of a manis crassicaudata.

A few things from what I've learned:
    - the manis crassicaudata is a solitary, shy, slow-moving, nocturnal mammal;
    - the most noticeable characteristic is its massive, scaled armour, which covers its upper face and its whole body with the exception of the belly and the inside of the legs;
    - these protective scales are rigid and made of keratin;
    - the skin and scales make up about one-fourth to one-third of the total body mass of this species.

One would think that I would say "we can attack the weak parts of the beast, such as the inside of the legs and the belly, which are unprotected", but I have a better plan.

I shall use one of my secret weapons so I can defeat the beast fast and I will share it with you guys.

The secret weapon is to show the beast a pic of baby Yoda. The beast will get KO'd from cuteness overload and we can make a big bbq party. Victory ! :*

lOdSqVw.png
    Are you looking for an amazing community with lovely people? Join the Aurora Discord now and chat with us!
    We are recruiting!
    This great beast will become a living mine for use to use and we can then use it gems to make gear. Its a win win.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Use scales for armor
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2021
    TAME IT!!!

$_$

ohhhh then we can break its legs and harvest the gems and then cast heal on it and keep taking the gems making it into a living gem mine.

You horrible horrible mage.

(edit: are healers a type of mage? Are necromancers mages?)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
    TAME IT!!!

$_$

You horrible horrible mage.

(edit: are healers a type of mage? Are necromancers mages?)

I know what I am ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Tre MandoTre Mando Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter
    Looks like once we take the thing away from the town and neutralize it it'll bring a bit of wealth and commerce towards the reconstruction process when it's useful parts are harvested.
  • SixxSixx Member
    Kill It And Then Let Me Add It To My Necro summon #PetArmy *,-,*

• Lure him to the enemy node
  • CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!!!

Kill-Them-All.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • How do you plan to get past that rock-hard exterior?!

With a newly gem-infused sword, of course! B)
    Sixx wrote: »

Get in line
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Make sure it notices the new gem in your sword, and lure it away from the village. Once away from the village, you could take your chances in killing it, or taking the gem out of your sword and giving it back to the monstrosity so it goes away.
  • Nagash wrote: »
    Sixx wrote: »

Get in line

giphy.gif
  • I'm not in favor of mindless violence... mindful violence is completely legit tho.

Let's lure it away from the town and into a rocky kill zone where it can't tunnel to escape. Drop huge rocks onto it and dig out the dead body.

Then we will have to figure out what to do with the giant tunnel into town.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Lure it away from the village and ride with him into the sunset <3