Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PVP vs PVE

13»

Comments

• Options
    JiraiyaJiraiya Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bricktop wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Bricktop wrote: »
    Well we have beaten it to death so there's no point right?
    Indeed.

The one question I would have for you though, if your stance against instanced content one of thinking the risk isn't there, or is it purely about PvP?

As in a raid instance with several bosses inside?

I really thought instancing raids and fights would be good for the game? Not only for in game but for load on the actual server (even though this has nothing to do with the conversation) - but can you go into more depth about why you think instances would be bad? You said this :smile:

"Every single instanced boss that you think they should put in the game, I'm of the opinion they should just put it out in the open world instead to make the game more interesting, give people even more of a reason to be out in the actual world moving around and driving the server forward."

But im sure you have more about it than just this, correct? Im very open minded about instancing so share with me your thoughts on it. @Bricktop
  • Options
    JiraiyaJiraiya Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Bricktop @Jiraiya

Here is a example of Clan War PvP system
    This L2 clan war system worked as following:
    1. Clan A declares war against Clan B
    A) Clan B don't accept the war (Clan B member will have a single sword over their head) = if Clan A member kill a non-flagged(white and not purple) Clan B member, Clan A member will become Red and karma system will normaly apply.
    B ) Clan B Accepts the war (Clan B member will have a two swords crossing over their head) = if Clan A member kill a non-flagged(white and not purple) Clan B member, Clan A member will Not become Red and karma system will not apply.
    The winner of clan war is determined by the clan that killed the most people of the opposite clan or if the opposite clan surrenders the war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SYNbR-mvfU&

Here is a video example of a quite extreme clan war where 9 players standoff against a clan of 170+
    The situation is the following: This 9 player party waits in the entrance of a dungeon called Imperial Tomb
    Were inside of the dungeon one of the world bosses( Frintezza - Scarlet Van Halisha) is about to spawn,
    They know the enemy clan will use Clan Gate(a mass clan teleport that send all clan members inside of the castle to some specific strategic places, for example you can't normaly teleport directly to this dungeon entrance unless you're a noble or a hero) to teleport there and to get spawn kills as they are on the opposite side of the entrance the enemy clan has to make a choice:
    A) Kill the 9 players party and then go inside the dungeon to fight their clan,
    or B ) ignore the 9 player party lose alot of people on the way in and then get sandwiched

The clan go for the option A) and gets Baited, Kited, Zoned and funneled in the small corridor on the way to the dungeon Sparta style. The clan goes back and forth stuck in this dilema until the 9 players party clan gets the world boss.

Wow i actually cannot believe they were able to use the environment to help them there. Well i guess i can see it working but its so surprising they were able to just kite back when it go over run and rinse and repeat. I wonder if having fliers would have made this a different fight or even mounts etc.