Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creations Apocalypse and the current or future Ashes

How similar is the game or will it be to Ashes of Creations Apocalypse? I was watching some apocalypse gameplay pretending to see what the Ashes MMO might look like and I really liked it a lot, the graphics are not spectacular but I find them beautiful, good landscapes, temples, forests, etc ... In summary I liked what I saw. .. then for the more knowledgeable Ashes and in exchange for a lot of apocalypse or is it still similar to that gameplay and graphics?

Greetings adventurers from Verra

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Art style will be the same, but much better graphics.

Combat will be very different tbh.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited April 2021
    You can pretty much entirely ignore the fact that Apocalypse ever existed.

Whether you believe it was a sort of demo for them to work out coding and other background systems for the development of AoC; or that it was a pure attempt at a cashing in of the popular Battle Royale games; ultimately the gameplay and skills and classes will deviate significantly for the MMO version.

You can check the livestreams on their Youtube page, and the live stream today on their twitch.

Also check this out (from the thread https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/49017/what-a-graphics-upgrade#latest)
    Nagash wrote: »
    So just saw the new post steven made on Twitter and all I can say is, WOW. I mean that is one hell of an upgrade from APOC

from this
    AZvKIDZ.png

to this

tdvwWpx.png

Keep up the fantastic work intrepid

Regarding the world's graphics, odds are they'll be even better as they upgrading them with the newer Unreal Engine versions and have even discussed the possibility of moving to Unreal Engine 5 in the future
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah, Apoc seems a million miles away now
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace