Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Subscription Fees Suggestion

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Given the additional financial overhead needed to make this idea work (along with the game genre Ashes is in), my skepticism is high at the moment.
    This is why it wont work.

It is people asking to pay less money, for access to the same servers, while forcing Intrepid to spend money to ensure people from other areas aren't using this to pay less.

The reason Intrepids plan will work is because the servers will cost less to run, and if people from other parts of the world want to pay less to play the game, that's cool, it means they only have access to the server from that region.

This means Intrepid dont need to spend time or money on trying to work out where others are located, and even the server will cost less to run.

The people making suggestions are only thinking about it from their perspective. They are forgetting the notion that if they want to pay less, any suggestion that requires Intrepid to pay money to make sure it works simply wont happen.

This is the first acid test for any suggestion for a way to pay less money, imo. Intrepid are not likely to be willing to pay money out in order to allow people to pay them less money.
  • Options
    Please don't make any more threads about this same topic. It's just not at all necessary. Just pick one and stick to it.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    If either of the two of you want to put any effort in to it (as you wrongly claim has already been done), then put that effort in to asking for a MENA server
    You're in no position to tell me where should I put my effort in to.

And comparing the second suggestion with the first one, it requires us to pay $30 more firstly which isn't another version of "I want to pay less", it is a version of "I want to find the most possible solution even by adding additional cash method" that not I or you or anyone else but intrepid's staff who would be able to know if it is a possible solution or not.
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Please don't make any more threads about this same topic. It's just not at all necessary. Just pick one and stick to it.
    There is a huge difference between suggesting new ideas and talking about the same topic. There is no repetition, not spamming at all. If I got a better suggestion which would be new and different like this one then I will create as many as I can for each one until I run out of new ideas, it maybe not necessary at all to you and that's your opinion but it is necessary to me.
    I'd like to play with our gamer friends in Egypt and other parts of the world ... but only Intrepid can crunch the numbers to see if it's even viable to offer a lower subscription fee or local MENA server.
    Yes, exactly they're the only one who would be able to crunch the numbers to see if it's viable to do so or not. That's why I'm suggesting new ideas and letting them figure out if it is possible to implement any of it or not.

MySign35.png
  • Options
    Hirschegar wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    There is a huge difference between suggesting new ideas and talking about the same topic. There is no repetition, not spamming at all. If I got a better suggestion which would be new and different like this one then I will create as many as I can for each one until I run out of new ideas, it maybe not necessary at all to you and that's your opinion but it is necessary to me. letting them figure out if it is possible to implement any of it or not.

Your previous thread is about "boohoo ah dun wanna pay a proppa prys fur da game", and this thread is also about "boohoo ah dun wanna pay a proppa prys fur da game". You may have had another thought about it that hadn't been in the previous boohoo-thread, but it's all the same topic, and belongs in the same thread.

If you want them to see all the ideas you have about this same issue, then keep them all together where they can be seen together.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    The fact this poster doesn't understand Intrepid has already said they will look at the Middle East Region to put in a harmonized server is a shame.

Intrepid is already bending over backwards to make the game accessible to everyone, and you still want more. You want to pay $3 a month to play on servers other people are paying $15 a month to play on.

Keep in mind an MMORPG is an online service not a game. It is an online service because the company incurs monthly costs to keep the servers running.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    Jahlon wrote: »
    The fact this poster doesn't understand Intrepid has already said they will look at the Middle East Region to put in a harmonized server is a shame.
    When/Where did they particularly mention that they will look at Middle East region to put in the list of harmonized servers ??
    MySign35.png
  • Options
    It's been mentioned a couple of times that our progress will not be saved. Are you trying to say that if we start to pay the sub fee, but then don't pay it for a month, our progress will be entirely deleted?
  • Options
    FerniFerni Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2021
    When/Where did they particularly mention that they will look at Middle East region to put in the list of harmonized servers ??

Didn't LieutenantToast do it in your other post?
    Hiya friends <3 let's please remember to be kind to each other here, understanding there are many differences around the world! Ty @Hirschegar for chatting with us a bit more on Discord about this, and I hope I and other folks here were able to explain a bit more on our current plans and how we hope to support more regions moving forward!

I'm pretty sure they've heard you and they will take your opinion into consideration when they look to support more regions.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One

Other server regions will be considered based on interest.[3][2]

South America is under consideration due to traffic from that region.[10]
    Once we get closer to launch we'll update this information, which may include additional regions.[3]

Certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices that better reflect their local economies. These regions will be segregated from other regions.[11]

Other server regions will be considered.... that includes the Middle East

Certain regions.... is the Middle East not a region?

You want them to list every region specifically? Pretty sure when a company says "other" regions it means all the other regions other than the ones they have specifically said they are going to publish in.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    CriminalCupcakeCriminalCupcake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you have a computer that can play Ashes of Creation, you have the internet to play Ashes of Creation, then you can afford to pay the monthly subscription.
    Nice assumption, I've a PC that can play AoC on ultra settings and have a stable internet to play AoC but NO I cannot afford to pay the monthly subscription. No need for such an assumption if you don't know our reality. if there was any possibility I could be able to afford the game I won't be here thinking for almost 3 weeks how to have harmonized prices for us on EU/NA servers. And it's not about being "POOR" or "RICH" matter....... this is really messed up.

K pause. If i can't afford to go see a movie in Theatre, i don't go. If i can't afford a fast food restaurant, i don't buy food there. If i can't afford a video game, i don't play it.

I'm in the United states. Is our situation any different?

If you can't afford it, you cant afford it man. Why is that an issue with the company?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The United States is very different. Yes.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    If either of the two of you want to put any effort in to it (as you wrongly claim has already been done), then put that effort in to asking for a MENA server
    You're in no position to tell me where should I put my effort in to.

And comparing the second suggestion with the first one, it requires us to pay $30 more firstly which isn't another version of "I want to pay less", it is a version of "I want to find the most possible solution even by adding additional cash method" that not I or you or anyone else but intrepid's staff who would be able to know if it is a possible solution or not.
    You are focusing on some abstract need to be on an EU server.

Intrepid have already said that accessing these servers requires the same subscription fee. If you want a cheaper server, that will be a regional one - if Intrepid considers it worth it.

Any version of a suggestion where you pay less to play on the same server is the same suggestion - paying $30 doesnt make it a different suggestion.

Now, you seem to mistake me in that you think I am telling you what to do. All I am doing is telling you what I would do in your situation - a situation I have been in myself in the past (where my options were to pay full price or not play the game).

Additionally, I am telling you what Intrepid have said they are willing to do for people like you, which is the basis of what I would do in your position.

The fact Intrepid have made it clear that they have a plan for people in regions like yours (one that you should be eternally grateful to them for - not snark and disdain). Since this is what Intrepid have said, literally everyone here is in a position to tell you as much.
  • Options
    Ferni wrote: »
    Didn't LieutenantToast do it in your other post?
    how we hope to support more regions moving forward!
    I'm pretty sure they've heard you and they will take your opinion into consideration when they look to support more regions.
    Let me summarize what she said, "how we hope to support more regions moving forward" doesn't mean Middle East specifically, it means all the other regions and this is a very generalized sentence. Me too, I really hope they support all the other regions.

Other server regions will be considered based on interest.[3][2]
    Exactly, showing them how I want it to be considered and highlighting Middle East would rather increase the probability of considering it as a region server on their game rather than no one highlighting it.

And according to your previous comment:
    Intrepid is already bending over backwards to make the game accessible to everyone, and you still want more.
    During the whole discussion in this post or the older one, I have never asked for having a whole bunch of servers for MENA region. I even mentioned how all the other online games used the technique to save money by increasing the bandwidth of an existing EU servers rather than introducing new servers, but seems like you were reading another posts?

So in conclusion: " you still want more" no. They decide whether the technique of all the other online games is right and have a harmonized prices for us while playing on EU servers OR having servers for MENA region is better, I've never asked for both just implement one of this. Let them consider which one is the best.
    You want them to list every region specifically? Pretty sure when a company says "other" regions it means all the other regions other than the ones they have specifically said they are going to publish in.
    Let's head back to your previous comment again to remind you:

You were saying that and I replied "When/Where did they particularly mention that they will look at Middle East region to put in the list of harmonized servers ??"
    So the answer to my question would be: no they didn't mention that they will look at Middle East region to put in the list of harmonized servers all they were saying that other server regions will be considered based on interest and certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices after reflecting their local economies. That doesn't mean that all the additional servers will have harmonized subscription fees after reflecting their local economies they said only certain regions not all of them, that's after assuming that they're putting MENA in their consideration.

K pause. If i can't afford to go see a movie in Theatre, i don't go. If i can't afford a fast food restaurant, i don't buy food there. If i can't afford a video game, i don't play it.

I'm in the United states. Is our situation any different?

If you can't afford it, you cant afford it man. Why is that an issue with the company?
    This is heading straight to out of context.

There is no an issue with the company, as I mentioned in the previous discussion how steam used to have harmonized prices for Argentinian players only for all their games on the steam store. This isn't a personal issue in which "I" can't afford it, it is a regional issue where a whole region won't be able to afford it and the problem is in the difference in currencies besides having to pay it monthly which would make it impossible for players from my region to play it, that's why they themselves introduced there will be certain regions will have harmonized monthly fees while I'm suggesting different idea to let the intrepid's studio pay less rather than paying more for new servers for MENA servers that they didn't yet put it in the list.
    MySign35.png
  • Options
    Exactly, showing them how I want it to be considered and highlighting Middle East would rather increase the probability of considering it as a region server on their game rather than no one highlighting it.
    Yeah, but you haven't done this.

What you've done is say you want to pay less to play on EU servers, and shit all over the notion of MENA servers.

Reading this thread, Intrepid would have no idea at all if you would even play on a MENA server should they open one, as you clearly don't like the idea of them.

However, as I said in the other thread, just the two of you talking about it isnt enough. Talk to others in the region, get them to post here asking for a MENA server (note; specifically not asking to play on EU servers, as that would indicate a split in the population of the region, making a MENA server less likely).

Thing is, this is what I said in the last thread, and you shat all over the suggestion then. I seriously doubt you'll go ahead and do it now, as that would be admitting that I was right all along, and you don't at all seem to be the kind of person that could admit that.
  • Options
    Thing is, this is what I said in the last thread, and you shat all over the suggestion then. I seriously doubt you'll go ahead and do it now, as that would be admitting that I was right all along, and you don't at all seem to be the kind of person that could admit that.
    Admitting that I was wrong and someone else was right is something I would do obviously but you just don't know me in person.

And no, my opinion is so clear and I didn't change it. Against the idea of having new servers for MENA region if it will cost more than increasing the bandwidth of an existing EU/NA servers. I could have asked for it from the beginning but I'm not going to be unfair to just to sit there and rest by supporting an idea which would make the studio pay more (according to literally all other online games). Their different subscription model isn't really a factor or would make any difference, but who knows? let's see which idea they will decide to implement, I might be wrong after all. In both situations, I would be happy to be able to play this great MMORPG online game.

Also, I hope there could be a possible way to become alpha/beta tester to contribute in such important phases of the game.
    MySign35.png
  • Options
    WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's so annoying how people get straight out of point. Like let's have specified players on the same server but they will have to pay $40 or wait let's say $200 to claim the game firstly($2.5 monthly tho), same people would still complain that players are going to try to trick the system... like literally why? their assumptions: oh I have to pay x13.5 the original price and my whole progress may be deleted at anytime? YEAH! OF course, count me in.

Actually by this logic, getting caught would make the income of the intrepid's studio much bigger as the assumed players would just try to trick the system over and over and pay much more over and over.

*Other people after how I showed/declared/mentioned that all the other online games used to increase their server bandwidth to handle EU and MENA players instead of having MENA servers not because MENA players aren't that much but because they pay less money and save much more so its better for the studio to use the same technique: jUsT AsK fOr mENa SErvErs.

If you can afford a high up front cost, than why would you not be able to afford a smaller monthly fee? If there is a reason for this, why not pay for a year in advance? $15/month or $180 for a year comes out to the same cost.

This doesn't seem like a plausible problem that needs a solution.
  • Options
    (according to literally all other online games).
    Literally all other online games require the same fee to access the same server. You are cherry picking the parts of different business models that you want, forgetting that each model only works as a whole - it is not an a-la-carte thing.
    And no, my opinion is so clear and I didn't change it.
    You didnt, but you need to.

Intrepid have made it very clear how they intend to support regions such as yours. They have not talked about MENA specifically yet - they need more than two people from there before they would consider it.

Their opinion is that for regions that can not afford the subscription to access the regular servers, they will open up local servers and charge a fair local price for access to those local servers.

Intrepid looked at the financial implications of their situation, and made that call. You saying
    Against the idea of having new servers for MENA region if it will cost more than increasing the bandwidth of an existing EU/NA servers.
    doesnt mean anything, because again, Intrepid have already looked at it and decided offering regional servers is the best choice for them.

That is why Toast said that the rest of us will inform you of what Intrepid have planned - which was her not-so-subtle way of telling you that what we are saying is correct - even if you (and perhaps she) dont like the way it is being said.

You dont get to make the decision about what is best for Intrepid to do, neither do I, nor anyone else here. We do, however, get to inform you that Intrepid have already said what their plans are in this regard. Even if it isn't in their best financial interest (neither you nor I are able to say it is or is not), it is the decision they have made, for what ever reasons mattered the most to them.

You dont get to try and unmake their decisions, all you can do is work with them - and in this case that means putting forward a case for a MENA server, which involves getting as many MENA players posting here as you can.

As an aside, if you organize that community to the point Intrepid consider a MENA server, they may consider giving you alpha/beta access. They may not, but they may. It is likely the best chance you have of getting beta access without paying.

But hey, carry on dismissing the idea I have been putting forward to you for two threads now.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Didn't get the answer they were begging for, so had to start another thread just to waste everyone's time hoping for different comments.
  • Options
    wolfwood82 wrote: »
    If you can afford a high up front cost, than why would you not be able to afford a smaller monthly fee? If there is a reason for this, why not pay for a year in advance? $15/month or $180 for a year comes out to the same cost.

This doesn't seem like a plausible problem that needs a solution.
    The $200 thing is a metaphor. And about paying only $30 it is still a lot that anyone from Egypt will have to start saving up for it to pay it one shot, talking about only "$30" here.

As an aside, if you organize that community to the point Intrepid consider a MENA server, they may consider giving you alpha/beta access. They may not, but they may. It is likely the best chance you have of getting beta access without paying.

But hey, carry on dismissing the idea I have been putting forward to you for two threads now.
    You might be right it might be the best chance for me to get alpha/beta access. And I don't mind paying a reasonable price in my currency (which is impossible) for an alpha access pack.
    As my opinion is so clear and obvious right now then yeah that's what I'm going to do. Hope there could be another possible way to become alpha/beta tester to contribute in such important phases of the game.
    MySign35.png
  • Options
    Didn't get the answer they were begging for, so had to start another thread just to waste everyone's time hoping for different comments.

Begging/hoping for different comments? really?

The only thing I was hoping while I was posting this new suggestion is that it to be implemented, besides that I wanted to know the opinion of each one who engaged in the last thread on my new suggestion.
    MySign35.png
  • Options
    Hi again friends - I went ahead and merged the two existing threads on the same topic together here! As I shared before, please remember to be kind to each other and keep some of those global differences in mind <3 we've shared our plans for how some regions may have harmonized pricing in the future, and we've definitely seen the excitement from you all on the additional areas you'd like to see us support!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    As my opinion is so clear and obvious right now then yeah that's what I'm going to do. Hope there could be another possible way to become alpha/beta tester to contribute in such important phases of the game.
    The thing with opinions is that unless we are the ones that make the call, our opinions dont mean anything.

Steven's opinion is the one that really matters (or perhaps Johns), and that opinion has been shared (and reiterated above).

Again, your best course of action (this is me still trying to help you, whether you deserve that or not) is to try and get as many MENA players signing up to these forums and posting that they want a MENA server.

You are welcome to maintain your opinion that it would be better if Intrepid did things the way you want, you can even hold on to that opinion while working with Intrepid to try and get a MENA server, since that is their opinion of the best thing to do, and their opinion is the one that matters.
  • Options
    GrihmGrihm Member

Begging/hoping for different comments? really?

The only thing I was hoping while I was posting this new suggestion is that it to be implemented, besides that I wanted to know the opinion of each one who engaged in the last thread on my new suggestion.

Best course of action is to just stop responding to certain posts. If you feel a post / posts make no sense part from upsetting and going in circles, just let it be.

Now we even have Toast saying " we've shared our plans for how some regions may have harmonized pricing in the future " so let´s hope for the best in what that can lead too. The game will not be out for quite some time, so don´t burn your candle in both ends and exhaust yourself. Many agree, many don´t. It´s not worth arguing, neither on the topic or with the people.
  • Options
    Grihm wrote: »
    Now we even have Toast saying " we've shared our plans for how some regions may have harmonized pricing in the future "
    To be fair, she said as much in the first thread, which is now on the first page of this thread.

Basically, the entirety of this thread can be summed up as two people wanting to pay less for the same thing, and everyone else telling them what plans Intrepid have for such areas.

In terms of this thread, there really isnt any more to discuss until the OP realizes that this is the truth. The reason it is going around in circles is not due to those of us informing him of Intrepids decision, it is due to the OP not respecting Intrepid enough to let them make their own decisions.

I mean, Intrepid have made their decision. That's it. The end. Now that you know what the decision is, work with that decision as best you can.
  • Options
    ShoodzShoodz Member
    However, as I said in the other thread, just the two of you talking about it isnt enough.
    Alright we are three now WOOHOO it is time to have Middle East servers lol
    In terms of this thread, there really isnt any more to discuss until the OP realizes that this is the truth. The reason it is going around in circles is not due to those of us informing him of Intrepids decision, it is due to the OP not respecting Intrepid enough to let them make their own decisions.
    So suggesting new ideas now are considered as not respecting the company ? Is this a new policy or something?
    Wait a sec!!! Does @Hirschegar not letting the company to make their own decisions? it seems like he is so overpowered to do so. Long live our king!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Shoodz wrote: »
    So suggesting new ideas now are considered as not respecting the company ?
    Suggesting new ideas to solve an issue you perceive...

Cool.

Being told that the company in question already has a plan to solve that issue, shitting all over that plan and insisting that your plan would be better for them...

Not cool.

If you dont consider that to be disrespectful, I really dont want to know what it would take to reach that.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2021
    There is a saying that I have used the meaning of so as not to offen if the orginal is not take the right way:
    that if (a) someone you want to see does not come to you, then (b) you must go to them.

a) At the moment the OP would like Intrepid to consider to dramatically adjust subscription fees to premit a region that may be financially challenged to play. (which they possibly are)

Ok, fair enough, ask, if there is sufficient interest then perhaps that will happen.

or

b) the way I see it, no offence intended, there are 2-3 years before the game comes out. Perhaps between now and then work on personal development to improve your financial situation so that perhaps playing is economically viable. For that there are invariably many options but require personal time, effort and perseverance and a bit of luck too.
    • Begin saving now. (saving 7.5 a month now up till launch allows and continue after launch and spreads your cash burden)
    • Improve personal budgeting
    • Take on more work / part time work
    • Improve your own value so you can be paid more
    • Change jobs
    • Change work locations
    The benefits of above only serve you well in farther fields too.

• Options
    ShoodzShoodz Member
    Suggesting new ideas to solve an issue you perceive...

Cool.

Being told that the company in question already has a plan to solve that issue, shitting all over that plan and insisting that your plan would be better for them...

Not cool.

If you dont consider that to be disrespectful, I really dont want to know what it would take to reach that.

So suggesting an idea for a specific region that from his perspective/opinion would make the company pay less that woud make him a disrespectful?

Like instead of appreciating/thanking him for suggesting new ideas to make the company save more money(in his opinion), you accuse him for shitting all over the current plan?

What I've witnessed that he is against making the company paying more, this particular problem considering his specified region wasn't addressed before so suggesting it and letting the Intrepid team to re-consider whatever is good for them. And if we assumed that they addressed it then there is nothing bad to suggest an idea that in your opinion think it is better than the current one and it is up to Intrepid to re-think about it.

To respond to your last sentence, I would call it being helpful for trying to make Intrepid save money rather than just posting a normal post asking for having servers for his region. He even mentioned in both situations he would be happy.

And to address being disrespectful to the right person, I would address it to someone called Noaani on this forums.. oh wait it is you, that's right.
  • Options
    ShoodzShoodz Member
    akabear wrote: »
    There is a saying that I have used the meaning of so as not to offen if the orginal is not take the right way:
    that if (a) someone you want to see does not come to you, then (b) you must go to them.

a) At the moment the OP would like Intrepid to consider to dramatically adjust subscription fees to premit a region that may be financially challenged to play. (which they possibly are)

Ok, fair enough, ask, if there is sufficient interest then perhaps that will happen.

or

b) the way I see it, no offence intended, there are 2-3 years before the game comes out. Perhaps between now and then work on personal development to improve your financial situation so that perhaps playing is economically viable. For that there are invariably many options but require personal time, effort and perseverance and a bit of luck too.
    • Begin saving now. (saving 7.5 a month now up till launch allows and continue after launch and spreads your cash burden)
    • Improve personal budgeting
    • Take on more work / part time work
    • Improve your own value so you can be paid more
    • Change jobs
    • Change work locations
    The benefits of above only serve you well in farther fields too.

What you've listed above won't change anything as the huge in currencies difference will role after all, to let this work then you will have to literally like you said "you must go to them" it would only work in case if he migrated, what about the other players from this region should do? migration party?

Concerning the first option (a) he assumed that he found a better solution that would make Intrepid save money, let's just wait and let Intrepid team reconsider whether is it right or not and will they implement any of this or not. I believe we will be so happy if any of all of these is implemented.
  • Options
    So suggesting an idea for a specific region that from his perspective/opinion would make the company pay less that woud make him a disrespectful?
    Yes.
    What the OP is doing - whether he knows it or not - is saying that in his mind, he has a better idea of what is good for Intrepid than Intrepid do. He is saying that even though Intrepid know their own cost structure and he doesn't, he still knows what is best for them.

He is literally saying he doesn't think Intrepid know what they are doing.
    Like instead of appreciating/thanking him for suggesting new ideas to make the company save more money(in his opinion), you accuse him for shitting all over the current plan?
    OP in the original thread was asking for a thing. Cool, obviously that person didn't know there was a plan in place for that situation. The first person to reply to the original thread replied by informing the OP of Intrepids plan.

The OP responded to that by saying
    There will be no server for MENA players as we usually play on Europe servers in any online game.
    Now, after having just been told that regional servers is how Intrepid have already planned to deal with situations such as the one the OP is in, this is already getting borderline disrespectful.

The next post in the thread was me, detailing some of the plans of the system Intrepid have.

The response to that was

No, I didn't ask for a separate server and I never will.
    What I'm asking for is so clear I don't know why are you people going far from what I'm saying :'D

To have a reduced subscription fees while playing on Europe server.
    Now we are in the territory of outright disrespect towards Intrepid.

The OP seems to think that Intrepid are unable to determine what is best for themself without his assistance. That is disrespect.