Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The "Hearthstone" Dilemma - Potential Solution

2»

Comments

• CROW3CROW3 Member
    @Maezriel - "The PvP flagging system presents an opportunity for open conflict." implies that the death penalties associated with being in the world apply normally. Which I'm fine with, and I don't think I'm alone in accepting that risk for what it is.

The attacking players are also taking the same normative risks with the corruption / flagging system that 1) you even have BIS mats worth attempting to take, 2) they are willing to risk the possible corruption and 3) that they will win.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »
    @Maezriel - "The PvP flagging system presents an opportunity for open conflict." implies that the death penalties associated with being in the world apply normally. Which I'm fine with, and I don't think I'm alone in accepting that risk for what it is.

The attacking players are also taking the same normative risks with the corruption / flagging system that 1) you even have BIS mats worth attempting to take, 2) they are willing to risk the possible corruption and 3) that they will win.

Caravans are open world, immediately flag you, and don't have Death Penalties.

That was said in the December 2020 Livestream

Intrepid has been very specific w/ how they focus and balance Risk v Reward. Not everything is about just avoiding XP Debt and dropping loot.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited July 2021
    Maezriel wrote: »
    Caravans are open world, immediately flag you, and don't have Death Penalties.

No. Caravans are moving PvP zones that have an adjusted ruleset from the open world outside that PvP zone. No one has stated this same type of ruleset will be extended to help a raid move safely through the world. In fact, what has been stated is the opposite. That may change later...
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2021
    Caravans are considered to be battlegrounds - just like Sieges.
    Raids are not considered to be battlegrounds - they are open-world and intended to be contested.
  • MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Caravans are considered to be battlegrounds - just like Sieges.
    Raids are not considered to be battlegrounds - they are open-world and intended to be contested.

So much confidence from you and @CROW3 when we don't know that for sure. The last we heard were about Events not Battlegrounds and Raids can certainly fall into the definition of Event.

As I've already stated in this thread it'll be my Q&A question for this month so please be on the look for it and be sure to give it a thumbs up so that we can finally put the near 4 year debate about raids to rest.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Ok.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2021
    Maezriel wrote: »
    As I've already stated in this thread it'll be my Q&A question for this month so please be on the look for it and be sure to give it a thumbs up so that we can finally put the near 4 year debate about raids to rest.
    I know what the design is.
    CROW3 even gave you the out of..."That may change later."
    There should not have been a 4 year debate about raids being contested.