Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are you planning on doing on release?

MrhubbardMrhubbard Member
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
Hey! So I don’t know if this topic has been brought up already, but I’m really eager to know what all of you guys and gals would be up to when the game launches.

As for me after the long level grind, I’m probably gonna help my guild finish raid bosses, and dungeons. After, just grind crafting and kill farmers.

Comments

• Options
    I plan on repeatedly remaking my character until I figure out which one I like most then never leveling up anything else. I'll learn the starter quests REAL good... :(
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    I mean, if anyone wanted information on the starter quests you’re the guy!
  • Options
    Spend an hour making my perfect dwarf. Logging in. And heading into the wilds until my caffeine levels give out.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2021
    Lv up my adventure fighter/fighter as far as I can with a small group of friends and easily obtained starter gear.
    Figure out dual wielding. Then start looking into ways to get proper gear for mid lvs
  • Options
    I like that approach I’m probably gonna do the same, in a way mostly with grinding gear/levels. Dual wielding also plays a big part in my theory crafted nightspell build.

Nightspell for life✊
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Depends on the quality of the PvE content.

If it's good, level up as fast as I can. If it isnt, play what ever other game I happen to be playing.
  • Options
    Most of my planning will be done during the betas. Gonna try out a bunch of different classes and races, do a lot of exploring, and try out every aspect of the game. Then i will make my plan and execute during release.

As of right now, I'd probably focus on making as much money as possible, becoming a citizen of a good node location, and build my freehold.
  • Options
    That’s always a possibility.
  • Options
    Yeah I forgot about nodes (lol). I too wanna get with a good node because if the mayor is good, a lot of possibilities are opened.
  • Options
    PK'ing everyone in the starter zone on an Alt.
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    Make 4-5 default blank characters just to reserve names. After that I don't have a lot of hours to commit to playing so I plan on setting some more casual goals.

Depends how all professions fall into place but right now I'm setting the goal of making a boat. I plan on trying the more RP route this time. I plan on making a retired caravan guard who dreams of owning a boat and moving to the coast. So at launch I'll slowly start work towards that. Picking up the required professions and finding a node I like close to the ocean or a big lake.
  • Options
    That does sound fun. In this game you could do whatever.
  • Options
    truelytruely Member, Alpha One
    Mostly join in with the guilds activities as the group stuff is fun. Might try to go up high in religion and ship building, charging people safe passage across the sea.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2021
    Make a dragonborn tulnar, land in some forested biome with a river, level smithing and mining and dual wield and then travel the land as a mercenary
  • Options
    Made this just for this

rQanq9z.gif
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Lol, nice.
  • Options
    Imma immediately find a divine node, not even bother with the starting area. Do whatever possible to get the node to the stage where there is a temple. And then do every single quest related to the religion. I’m aiming to be the top brass of a religion. Imma ignore everything else and when I meet parts of the questlines where I need to be higher level I’ll go out and do other stuff.
  • Options
    I'll probably spend a few hours in character creation, and also creating and deleting characters until I find something I love.

There's a handful of classes I'm hyped to try, and I can't wait and see what all the races and their options will be like.
  • Options
    Will be looking for guilds/efforts closer to launch. Am not concrete for race yet, but have decided I don't want a Human (since I've *always* played Humans!). Wil have to be a group that wants to support a Scientific Node, however.

From there? Find a Scientific Node closest to the starting areas (ideally one with cool geographical features, instead of being on a bunch of flat plains), and start grinding the crap out of.... EVERYTHING! Level advancement will be a major goal, but I'll be looking to see what activities are the most-effective in gaining NODE EXPERIENCE, per the time/effort investment - and both grinding the crap out of it, and spreading knowledge of the such to the rest of the Node's citizens via those in-game chat channels.

Goal from Day 1: Aspire (and even *conspire!*, if need be) to have our server become one with 2+ Scientific Metropolises - as to enjoy the screenshots that will no doubt result from the airship benefit.

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'll be clicking orc, making it as big as possible and then playing for at least 24 hours straight. My goal is to hit lvl cap first but will probably crap out half way through. I'll also be recruiting heavily during launch so hopefully this doesn't hurt me too bad on the leveling process lol.
  • Options
    You wont hit lv cap with a few days of gameplay.
  • Options
    Lol true
  • Options
    SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Find me a mountain, beat the gryphon living on top of it, and claim it as my own (and take gorgeous screenshots after that).
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
  • Options
    GrilledCheeseMojitoGrilledCheeseMojito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Build up enough funds to get a high tier pickaxe and travel the world in search of ore so I can corner the market in armors.
    And probably trip over 20 quests along the way and end up leveling on accident.
    Grilled cheese always tastes better when you eat it together!
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I plan on repeatedly remaking my character until I figure out which one I like most then never leveling up anything else. I'll learn the starter quests REAL good... :(

Lmao. I thought I was the only one doing it :joy:
  • Options
    Everyone is so damn creative.
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Want to hope in AoC mainly on RP side, so when beta 1 will begin, i will begin to look to build the BG of my first character, find a fitted guild. and so for the release ? will depend a lot about the guild.

Also, i know who i am, RP will remain "a content" of the game, and i will "play the game" so... aside of guild things i will aim to level up, discover the world, etc.
  • Options
    Discovery is gonna be big for me. Finding good spots to gank people.
  • Options
    You will become red if they dont fight back. Nearby players then will kill you without concequences to them. If you keep ganging you will lose your gear. And crafting gear wont be a simple thing.