Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are you planning on doing on release?

2»

Comments

• Options
    @George Black

Maybe killing other players, gaining corruption and seeing if you can survive is the biggest thrill in the game.

Who says someone will be alone?
    Maybe bounty hunters will be walking into the worst situation they could imagine.. lol
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2021
    That's not how it's going to go down, because that's not what the flagging system is designed for.

If people plan to do that every day, they should not complain that they "cant play the way they want to" when the time comes.

I plan to be attacking caravans, because it's a mobile pvp zone (no reds) with good loot. But I dont plan to gang random ppl.
  • Options
    That's not how it's going to go down, because that's not what the flagging system is designed for.

If people plan to do that every day, they should not complain that they "cant play the way they want to" when the time comes.

I plan to be attacking caravans, because it's a mobile pvp zone (no reds) with good loot. But I dont plan to gang random ppl.

oh?, you're telling me a guild cant plan to gank players and act as blockers to protect their fellow guild mate while they escape to their freehold or run out the corruption timer?

The game has collision and mounts, the other players still have to catch you.
    Maybe the hunters will become the hunted because they accidently did too much % damage to the blockers and became flagged.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I am certain no guild will block players from an area to protect a member who PKs on random ppl.

Guilds will totally block plsyers from an area to protect a red member who PKed for any other reason. Because any other reason would be better than PKing randoms, forcing a whole guild out of their aims for protection.
  • Options
    Maybe a guild will end up being rich and dont care about losing gear? maybe they like gambling, add some thrill to the game.
    Maybe it's their way of giving items to those willing to come and claim them? if they can?
    Maybe a node encourages players to be corrupted and protect those who gank?
    Possibility to be attacked and sieged more? likely, maybe that's what they want so they dont get bored.

If intrepid plans to prevent this, then they better go back to the drawing board and tell people the game will be super safe unless you want to pvp against those who are flagged for pvp.
  • Options
    I am certain no guild will block players from an area to protect a member who PKs on random ppl.

Guilds will totally block plsyers from an area to protect a red member who PKed for any other reason. Because any other reason would be better than PKing randoms, forcing a whole guild out of their aims for protection.

oh, you're certain? lol
  • Options
    AelAel Member
    Hey! So I don’t know if this topic has been brought up already, but I’m really eager to know what all of you guys and gals would be up to when the game launches.

Ah man !! There are so many interesting things to do that it's hard to prioritize one :smile:
    I think that I'll be questing / leveling up a bit at first, and then spend a lot of time exploring the world.
    Discovering new places, hidden paths, weird animals, ancient ruins, getting lost again and again in those beautiful landscapes !

Then setting a freehold on a place I like, and start an animal husbandry between two exploring journeys <3
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As people mentioned here before, I am pretty worried we will be forced to remake our characters several times till we figure out which class(es) we like. I find this pointless, there should be a way to be able to figure out sooner.

Unless beta testing will allow a lot of that
  • Options
    Conrad wrote: »
    As people mentioned here before, I am pretty worried we will be forced to remake our characters several times till we figure out which class(es) we like. I find this pointless, there should be a way to be able to figure out sooner.

That's what the beta is for 👍 maybe some YouTubers will make some in depth guides so that if you don't want to pay for beta, or arrive after release, then you can check it out.
  • Options
    I have my heart set on necromancer, but mage looks amazing too.
  • Options
    McShave wrote: »

That's what the beta is for 👍 maybe some YouTubers will make some in depth guides so that if you don't want to pay for beta, or arrive after release, then you can check it out.

I have learned it the hard way. All YTbers can do is just show you the classes. You actually HAVE to play the class to be able to properly pick it.

Perhaps late beta we get max level templates we can play with and go from there
  • Options
    edited August 2021

I have learned it the hard way. All YTbers can do is just show you the classes. You actually HAVE to play the class to be able to properly pick it.

i'm sure someone will put out some guides so people can min/max some cookie cutter builds. (especially with how public this games development plans to be).

As for being forced to start over? you can respec your secondary archetype etc. If you know you'll want to play a certain primary archetype but not sure about what style suits you best, you'll have opportunities to adjust.
  • Options
    Level up, market research, crafting research, find a town to start my business, & find ppl to work with ...
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to forming a guild a.s.a.p in game for my friend group, and any others that want to come along.
  • Options
    Smell the roses, I guess.
    The verb, not the composer name.
  • Options

i'm sure someone will put out some guides so people can min/max some cookie cutter builds. (especially with how public this games development plans to be).

As for being forced to start over? you can respec your secondary archetype etc. If you know you'll want to play a certain primary archetype but not sure about what style suits you best, you'll have opportunities to adjust.

It's not that simple. It easily could play completely different to what you imagined it and not like it. In the end the player himself has to find out
  • Options
    I’m def gonna min max my nightspell. Make the best build possible. Hopefully sending it to other people to also enjoy Nightspell. I feel like it’s gonna be a minority class ;(
  • Options

It's not that simple. It easily could play completely different to what you imagined it and not like it. In the end the player himself has to find out

Probably best to worry about it more when that part of the game comes to the testing phases. You'll be able to understand it more as it will be publicly streamed and provided with the updates for ashes of creations design.
    I'm not saying the game is simple or difficult but there are always people who make guides to things especially in 2021 with how accessible the Internet is.
    It's not the first MMORPG to have class diversity nor will it be the last.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Mrhubbard wrote: »
    I’m def gonna min max my nightspell. Make the best build possible. Hopefully sending it to other people to also enjoy Nightspell. I feel like it’s gonna be a minority class ;(

Nightspell sounds like it could be really cool. A rogue version of a battle mage perhaps. Curious to its abilities as well. I wonder how the four augment trees will synergise assuming most augment schools will stick together for optimal effect.
    Maybe you'll pair nicely with mages In a magic augment tree with elements?

Example:
    All mage classes associated with the primary archetype will share some synergy with all mage secondary archetype.

If your groups synergy is based around a magic school type as everyones augments would want to be aligned for optimal synergy for bonuses etc
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Another example would be:
    If the target is frozen, your opener based on your augment school could gain bonuses if your open is based around ice magic. Maybe a shadow step ability will be ice magic influenced. Maybe it's not a shadow step, maybe it's a blink with a nova.

Just theory crafting :smile:

Maybe because the target already has a the ice effect on it, your opener in the same magic school would prolong the chill duration or amplify the status effect. Maybe spread it to other targets with a weaker version of it as an aoe. Maybe add a version of ice armour (probably suit a tank/mage more).

Lots of cool options
  • Options
    Nice ideas
  • Options
    Could try and start a racial migration to a specific node, in hopes of influencing its appearance.
  • Options
    KotterKotter Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    18+ ERP prolly.