Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will there be a cosmetic that replaces sword and shield with a bucket and a mop?

warriordogwarriordog Member
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
Think about it that dirty guild hall of ours could really use some cleaning up all that pesky adventures not using the doormat after dungeon dwelling. So why not add a janitor cosmetic that lets people take the roll of the guild janitor to keep the place clean. The hidden angels of every guild keeping sickness at bay.

Comments

• Imagine if this was the lowest guild rank and you had to work your way out.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thread moved from Support to General Discussion.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    This is stupid...
  • This is stupid...

Let people have fun dude.
  • f3mwAMM.gif
    GJjUGHx.gif
    Jeebee wrote: »
    This is stupid...

Go and look into tera online weapon skins
  • Jeebee wrote: »
    This is stupid...

I looked into them whats the problem with them are they too shiny for you or whats the matter i mean yeah some of them look a little silly but why is that a bad thing?
    Why is it a bad thing to ruin a game with other players running around attacking you with silly weapons?
  • Why is it a bad thing to ruin a game with other players running around attacking you with silly weapons?

How is that ruining the game exactly you see it have a little chuckle and then go on with your life dont take a games so seriously to the point where we cant have some fun and silly things in it
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Stuffertons
    edited August 2021
    warriordog wrote: »
    Why is it a bad thing to ruin a game with other players running around attacking you with silly weapons?

How is that ruining the game exactly you see it have a little chuckle and then go on with your life dont take a games so seriously to the point where we cant have some fun and silly things in it

Is life so terrible that people cant go 5 seconds without something silly in their face?
    Why do you so desperately need a comic relief all the time?
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Is life so terrible that people cant go 5 seconds without something silly in their face?
    Why do you so desperately need a comic relief all the time?

The same reason you need to be aggressive all the time. Probably the same answer.

Yes life requires coping, people cope differently. Sometimes this means we even you know... Gasp. Have a sense of humor we enjoy seeing in games. Especially role play games, you know, the art form that reflect all aspects of the human experience?
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Imagine getting degraded to the rank of a Janitor as a punishment, most of your quests turn to "Mop the guild Hall x times"
  • This is stupid.

... Also, I'd totally buy that cosmetic.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Only if I can get a street cleaner as a mount.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Janitor archetype
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Jeebee wrote: »
    This is stupid...

I looked into them whats the problem with them are they too shiny for you or whats the matter i mean yeah some of them look a little silly but why is that a bad thing?

This isn't Fortnite.
  • If they think they can make money from it, I imagine it'll be in-game eventually.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    If they think they can make money from it, I imagine it'll be in-game eventually.

BRUH!!!! MY IMMERSION!!!! HELP!!!
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    If they think they can make money from it, I imagine it'll be in-game eventually.

BRUH!!!! MY IMMERSION!!!! HELP!!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4712b65nndg1ns2076yn7grg17yggv05o4e0u7psa3&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2021
    I'm fighting a multi front war here. This one guy wants every in game footstep he takes to be out of and into a new instance. This other guy basically wants Street Fighter 2 combat. And this other guy says the game will never be as successful as fucking Wizard101 if people can attack you while you're fighting mobs. Khronus was asking for in game childcare the other day.

This guy right here though, he literally made an account yesterday to ask about janitor outfits. I say fuck it.

That'll be $25.

• Okeydoke wrote: »
    he literally made an account yesterday to ask about janitor outfits.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47aeveixcohvhtun3byk2muh8gh9s1e4p8i2wtrr7y&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Whenever these questions are asked I do wonder, how far would the developers be willing to push the "funny"? We start with mop swords and bucket shields, then what? Hobby-horse mount replacements? Pool noodle swords? If mop swords were the extent of it, I could bear it, but I always find games eventually embrace idiocy once they see the potential to make money. I don't think anyone wants that.

So, how about they add an emote called 'sweep' or 'mop' that gives you the corresponding items and plays a little animation on repeat, until you cancel it? I think it's a fair compromise, you get to be a janitor and we all avoid letting the cosmetic shop become cluttered with "funny" stuff.
    Merek wrote: »
    Whenever these questions are asked I do wonder, how far would the developers be willing to push the "funny"? We start with mop swords and bucket shields, then what? Hobby-horse mount replacements? Pool noodle swords? If mop swords were the extent of it, I could bear it, but I always find games eventually embrace idiocy once they see the potential to make money. I don't think anyone wants that.

So, how about they add an emote called 'sweep' or 'mop' that gives you the corresponding items and plays a little animation on repeat, until you cancel it? I think it's a fair compromise, you get to be a janitor and we all avoid letting the cosmetic shop become cluttered with "funny" stuff.

I would love that compromise.
  • Well, it sounds like we're getting some items to help with the Artisan Professions, so I don't see why a mop/bucket couldn't be part of that, rather than a weapon. That way, you wouldn't be able to fight with it, but it'd still be useable.
    If you make the emote version, npc staff for Tavern's would also be able to do this occasionally for immersion.
  • JustVine wrote: »
    If you make the emote version, npc staff for Tavern's would also be able to do this occasionally for immersion.

I'm hoping there are loads of emotes, and that they're not all hidden behind crappy "BUY ME!" barriers.
    GUYS I got it. How about this. Your freehold comes with a broom and there's a dirtyness rating that increases over time unless you broom it. If you don't broom it then the buffs from your decorations aren't as powerful and your character starts catching diseases. RISK VS REWARD

PS I've never used a broom in real life. But I can't wait to broom in Ashes.
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    GUYS I got it. How about this. Your freehold comes with a broom and there's a dirtyness rating that increases over time unless you broom it. If you don't broom it then the buffs from your decorations aren't as powerful and your character starts catching diseases. RISK VS REWARD

PS I've never used a broom in real life. But I can't wait to broom in Ashes.

I'll advocate for many immersion things and many animal crossing level mechanics for freeholds, but not this one. There is already going to be plenty of incentive to manage and be in your freehold. Cleaning as a mechanic would probably just feel grindy. If you want an 'optimization of statuses in freehold' system that's better off being a positive reward in the various crafting systems rather than a negative stimulus based incentive. We already will have upkeep necessary in the various freehold rooted crafts (farming and herbalism) so this would be redundant in a sense.
    I wasn't being serious. It was more of a parody of some of the things that are requested around here.

But I'm glad you roundly rejected it haha