Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be a cosmetic that replaces sword and shield with a bucket and a mop?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    I wasn't being serious. It was more of a parody of some of the things that are requested around here.

But I'm glad you roundly rejected it haha

Yeah my sarcasm detection sucks. If you had mentioned cash shop cleaning chemical consumables I might have figured it out (probably not though lol.)
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    @JustVine, since you advocate for many immersion things, how is it immersive to be attacked and lose HP by a character with dump broom and bucket weapon skins?

Why is it wrong to advocate FOR good combat, rejecting all silly things, and then be looked down upon, but it's ok to advocate for other immersive things, like rping a medieval janitor?
  • Options
    I have 0 problems telling people off when they suggest for the most lame things to be featured in this game. Consistently.
  • Options
    @JustVine, since you advocate for many immersion things, how is it immersive to be attacked and lose HP by a character with dump broom and bucket weapon skins?

Why is it wrong to advocate FOR good combat, rejecting all silly things, and then be looked down upon, but it's ok to advocate for other immersive things, like rping a medieval janitor?

If you followed the conversation carefully you will note I did not advocate said requested cosmetic.

If you actually read any of my posts in combat threads, I generally advocate for my perception of good challenging combat. I don't walk into noncombat threads constantly complaining other people are having threads that aren't combat centred.

If you felt I was saying at any point 'your serious point of view is invalid.' I am not. It is very valid and welcome.

If you felt at any point I was looking down at you for your consistently serious and aggressive behavior you have my earnest apologies. I find it refreshing and endearing.

If you felt that I was looking down on you for not respecting the fact that other people have a sense of humor different from yours, feel looked down on.

The main reason you get consistently catty responses from me in noncombat threads is when you do things that consistently attack other people for having priorities different from your own. You got none from me in the racial armor thread for example, because you were generally not putting down others for having different priorities.

Call it lame, stupid, trash, or whatever. That's fine. It is not the behavior I am talking about. You might have noticed that I didn't respond until you started doing something /other/ than 'calling it stupid'.

Because ultimately you started becoming the thing that doesn't suit you the most, silly. My only response to that sort of thing is to reflect the incredulousness back at you in a hopes you realize it. If you preffer I be more direct about it I am open to changing my response. It's just the one that comes easiest to me.

Tl;dr if you go into a noncombat thread and complain about how wack people are for posting /topics/ you don't agree with, I will probably continue to push you back. It doesn't add to the conversation. If you attack the quality of the idea, I will generally debate you in earnest and treat you with the same seriousness you demand in the conversation.

You wanna talk about the merits of how unimmersive a mop and bucket are in a medieval settings or how their sillyness doesn't fit Ashes setting I'm game.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    So we are not allowed to use accurate words anymore without someone feeling the need to put the cape on to protect the victims?
    Ah so be it. Ill pay the price of being schooled in manners when I say things like, lame sense of humour shouldnt ruin combat with silly skins.
  • Options
    So we are not allowed to use accurate words anymore without someone feeling the need to put the cape on to protect the victims?
    Ah so be it. Ill pay the price of being schooled in manners when I say things like, lame sense of humour shouldnt ruin combat with silly skins.

But that isn't what you said. Again saying that wasn't the problem. Nor should you feel shame for having your own opinion on something that feels stupid.

You were specifically attacking the entire concept of being humorous in a fucking video game in itself. Which itself, is a rediculous thing to do. It doesn't suit you George.

• Options
    Bahh im out of this topic
  • Options
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    GUYS I got it. How about this. Your freehold comes with a broom and there's a dirtyness rating that increases over time unless you broom it. If you don't broom it then the buffs from your decorations aren't as powerful and your character starts catching diseases. RISK VS REWARD

PS I've never used a broom in real life. But I can't wait to broom in Ashes.

Ugh, sounds like the crappy dirtiness thing from Kingdom Come Deliverance!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vv6v42z1jbhcqq3u7tifna340x8psqaa93pl0und&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/