Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player housing a not taken seriously?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    JustVine wrote: »
    ShadonSol wrote: »

The size of the freehold is fixed and doesn't increase over time iirc.

That is referring to the half acre not the house itself. It's more clear in the actual live stream. Freehold building footprint size is determined by blueprint. No reason to assume this doesn't include housing given my other wiki citations.

To me it sounded like you were talking about the whole freehold, as the "freehold" is the whole plot of land and not just the house you place onto it.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2021
    JustVine wrote: »

The size of the freehold is fixed and doesn't increase over time iirc.

That is referring to the half acre not the house itself. It's more clear in the actual live stream. Freehold building footprint size is determined by blueprint. No reason to assume this doesn't include housing given my other wiki citations.

To me it sounded like you were talking about the whole freehold, as the "freehold" is the whole plot of land and not just the house you place onto it.

Sure that's my bad I guess. Doesn't help that a freehold is such a good name for 'player housing'. The two concepts are therefore easy to confuse syntax for to me.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A "freehold" is a real life concept. It refers to real estate; land and the buildings on it. It's a legal term in the UK and and some of its current/former territories (not the USA of course).

Don't confuse it with "hold" which is an archaic term for a fortress.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Freehold is the plot. It is a set size. You can choose different buildings and probably make them bigger or smaller.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    If players are given full freedom of placement and such you'll find just how quickly people can break a game or your immersion, and things can always be changed or improved later on.

As long as I get my own area to have a stable or garden or blacksmith and a house to store all my stuff like Skyrim, then I'm good lol

Losing it to node destruction or something is a HUGE downer but that just gives incentive to fight for it and protect it.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's not FULL freedom.
    Still might be enough to "break" immersion, but...
    It's a high magic setting, so we can expect to see some strange sights as characters display their magical prowess - even with regard to how they present their homes.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Player housing is not really my thing. It is more of a warehouse for me.
    However dev discussion from a bit back to see what other people had to say.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/46934/dev-discussion-23-housing-decor-tools/p1
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.