Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Betty the fish

Could on release have a fish somewhere in the ocean called Betty? When you kill Betty you get the “Wish for a Fish title” thx also if u have any cool ideas on raids or monsters just comment.

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Haha, why "Betty"? What makes Betty special?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    ....?
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I looked this up figuring it was some meme I wasn’t aware of and no. It’s nothing.

So I guess this is a clear “no” answer.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Betty sounds like a good fish name
  • Options
    Mrhubbard wrote: »

What are you doing man?
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

What are you doing man?

Betty Gloop obviously.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    Drugs are bad, m’kay?

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    Drugs are bad, m’kay?

Cringe is worse
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2021
    George Black anti bullshit mode activated.
  • Options
    Betty is an ancient undying monster of the seas that disguises itself as an injured fish to beasts and man alike. When the pray gets to close Betty unleashes a mass of tentacles that envelop all who are near, dragging them into the murky depths to add to Betty's collection. When ships go missing, or are late, the wizened old fisherman of the docks will say, "Let us hope Betty is sated on the beasts of the sea or the pirates of the waves and not those ships of ours."
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
  • Options
    Ngl Betty gonna be raid boss
  • Options
    This is about the worst shitposting I've ever seen in my life
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea! Betty should have random spawn location in the ocean. If you are lucky enough to catch Betty, the little goldfish in the big ocean, you earn a title and maybe some item too...Betty is like the golden snitch in the Harry Potter movies. AoC needs Betty!
  • Options
    Does Betty have a child?

The damn thing gone wild.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Won’t be a shit post when u trying to find Betty yourself
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Betty is an ancient undying monster of the seas that disguises itself as an injured fish to beasts and man alike. When the pray gets to close Betty unleashes a mass of tentacles that envelop all who are near, dragging them into the murky depths to add to Betty's collection. When ships go missing, or are late, the wizened old fisherman of the docks will say, "Let us hope Betty is sated on the beasts of the sea or the pirates of the waves and not those ships of ours."

This is great.
    If Betty is going to be a thing, she needs strong lore.
    Who first discovered Betty, and why did he/she name it Betty?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options

Sounds like the fish version of a flerken

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Goose
  • Options
    can it be a black fish? so we can be all like...

" whoa black betty, bam-ba-lam"

then if it had a child, would the damn thing gone wild?
  • Options
    I’ll think about the Lore of Betty the fish if got any ideas for the back story go ahead
  • Options
    I’ll think about the Lore of Betty the fish if got any ideas for the back story go ahead

You think about that
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited September 2021
    maouw wrote: »

This is great.
    If Betty is going to be a thing, she needs strong lore.
    Who first discovered Betty, and why did he/she name it Betty?

It could be a corrupted version of a natural creature, maybe a guardian of the seas created by the gods. It was abandoned when we all left and over time became corrupted by the evils it devoured defending its domain from the Corrupted that had invaded. Driven insane it continues to devour and devour, never able to end its hunger.

A tragic yet powerful creature that shows yet again the gods are not all powerful or all knowing.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    Uh... if I get to wish for fish, I want the mob to be named "Ish" - then I can wish for fish on my Ish wish dish.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    It could be a corrupted version of a natural creature
    You realize that describes all of the fauna in the game world already.

Like, you are never going to see a duck waddling around. It will be a duck with a shark fin and, I dunno, tentacles coming out of its mouth or something.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    It could be a corrupted version of a natural creature
    You realize that describes all of the fauna in the game world already.

Like, you are never going to see a duck waddling around. It will be a duck with a shark fin and, I dunno, tentacles coming out of its mouth or something.

Not true. What may be natural on this fantasy world might be monstrous to us, sure, but we dont get to decide what is natural. The writers do. The reason corruption is considered "unnatural" is because it twists what was created by the gods into something no longer resembling what they were originally created to look, and act like.

Besides, there are quite a few things that look like regular animals in the world. Take the bears for example. Sure there are corrupted versions but they were normal before that.
  • Options
    Tbh coming up with lore on Betty is hard. Most likely Betty would just be a random mob u find in the ocean Lol
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    If I was Betty's dad, I would have drowned her.
  • Options
    She a fish
  • Options
    Stop it
  • Options
    Stop it and think about what you are doing