Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If you could ask Steven anything about AoC, what would you ask?

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I would love for us to type down some questions we have for @Steven Sharif about AoC! Maybe we can upvote the ones we think are best and hope that @LieutenantToast can pick the 10 most upvoted ones and make Steven answear them!

Comments

• Options
    Alright, alright. I'll buy a ticket for this pony ride.

Yo Steven, could you and the team possibly slap together a preview of how augments from secondary archetypes work within a video?

It would be great to see to what degree augmentation will change up a main archetype skills. I suggest showing at least one active skill and one passive skill with their base forms and then two secondary archetype augments applied to each of them.

I also suggest not using the charge example you always give, just so we can see something new ;).
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited October 2021
    Hi Steven :)
    Will there be options to control / organize / manage / know the tasks performed by the members of your guild?

For example, when I had a node war in BDO, I made an order list on my computer with a specific time where the members of my guild should show up, if they did not show up at that time, it was considered a fault and they had penalties to pay for it.
    I also had a list order for materials, organization of tasks, hunting enemies, etc, all with their due terms, established schedules so that they can display them and have the data of the collaboration of the members of my guild. Everything that is necessary to have an organized, strong and focused guild.

If you could have tools within the game that help the organization and administrative management of the guilds, that would be great.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    SirChancelotSirChancelot Member
    edited October 2021
    They usually ask for questions during the week leading up to the live stream. But I would probably ask the same question I always do.

Will a tank/x be the only way to tank, or will certain combinations of X/tank with the right gear and build be able to fill the tank role?
  • Options
    MasteMaste Member
    edited October 2021
    They usually ask for questions during the week leading up to the live stream. But I would probably ask the same question I always do.

Will a tank/x be the only way to tank, or will certain combinations of X/tank with the right gear and build be able to fill the tank role?
    Well tanking basically is about your class having taunt or not. If you don't have taunt, you can't really tank, even if you have a high def character. So that's the key.

If I have the chance to ask something to Steven, it'd be about gathering. For real, every game I've played gives a feel that you are just wasting your time when gathering resources. It's booooring.
    Some games like Lineage 2 add value by rewarding you with experience points or the probability of a mob spawning to kill it for fun when fishing. They could even add a minigame.
    But if AoC will just let you cut down trees for hours and give nothing else, gathering is something that at least I would avoid at all costs.

• Options
    Steven, cake or pie?

This is a serious debate in my house.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Steven, cake or pie?

I think he already answered this in one of the q&a. He chose cake.
  • Options
    bigepeen wrote: »

Proving that for all his great qualities, Steven is a fallible human being. 😆
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Proving that for all his great qualities, Steven is a fallible human being. 😆

Sounds like you're the one eating crow-pie here. (I jest, pie is great.)
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    Some good questions already in here.

My question is: Will arena matches have the ability to be spectated? I would love if I could walk into a military node and stumble into an arena where actual players are having a match.
  • Options
    Maste wrote: »

Well tanking basically is about your class having taunt or not. If you don't have taunt, you can't really tank, even if you have a high def character. So that's the key.

Not sure I agree with that black and white view you have there... But even if that was the case, tank secondary augments could add a taunt effect real easily...

• Options
    I'd probably like to ask Steven many questions, but if I had to choose one it would be:

In my opinion, most people started playing MMOs when they were still, young probably under ~18, in the late 90s and early 00s. Most young people today don't play MMOs, for various reasons. Do you want Ashes to attract a younger audience, just like the MMOs attracted most of us 15, 20 years ago?

Thanks.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Marting a world boss will create chained events or just hit a good loot and it's over.

create a carvan with boss materials
    take the caravan to a city and be greeted with a parade
    when a world boss dies he will create a case and herds of beasts will attack nearby cities
  • Options
    I'd want to know the names and avatars of all the gods. At least The Seven, if he wants to keep The Others a secret.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Steven, cake or pie?

Pffffffft. Pie > Cake
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My main question would be about tulnar. How far are they willing to go with the customization for them. Cuz im sure they realise the player demand is very big for them rn lol

Also, in huge scale battles, will our own characters on our screens stay persistent and instead it's other characters that use stock appearance and armour?
  • Options
    Steven, cake or pie?

Where I live there isa place who does Cake Pie XD
    Its a cheese cake shop but with so many flavors
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    How do you feel about multiple currencies in addition to standard gold?
    Besides the hunting certificates that you exchange for gold and besides monster coins?

Usually these coins reinforce the "daily" gameplay since they are locked behind these activities and their relevant NPC traders, not to mention it is NPC gameplay instead of player to player.

Imo, having only gold (besides the hunt certificate concept and besides the monster coins) reduces fomo from having to forfeit dailies for their currency every day and you are more free to actually log in and have fun, instead of doing non challenging chores.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Steven, cake or pie?

Pffffffft. Pie > Cake

Agreed! I definitely prefer pie over cake.

Cheesecake is so good. One of the best types of pies in my opinion :smile:
  • Options
    ptitoineptitoine Member
    edited October 2021
    Steven, cake or pie?

Pffffffft. Pie > Cake

Look a Rockaberry on Internet. Its cheese Cake paradise.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    ptitoine wrote: »
    Steven, cake or pie?

Pffffffft. Pie > Cake

Look a Rockaberry on Internet. Its cheese Cake paradise.

Looks good to me! I'll check it out if I ever get the chance to :smile:

Some of their pies look more cake-like but I don't know how they make their crusts. I wont really get into breaking them down in terms of traditional terminology. I don't really know how they make their pie shells (pastry vs cake).

Depends how far one wants to go on the spectrum from a true pie vs true cake. Cheesecake is traditionally closer to the pie side of the spectrum than the cake side of the spectrum if that makes sense.

Anyways, looks good! :smile:
  • Options
    Whats your favorite piece of furniture aesthetic in the game so far?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Not going to hide it, I've been looking up pastries and cakes now :smile: So many great ideas and options for pie shells!

forgot all about pot pies... pies are not just for dessert! mmm so many filling options.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not going to hide it, I've been looking up pastries and cakes now :smile: So many great ideas and options for pie shells!

forgot all about pot pies... pies are not just for desert! mmm so many filling options.

Back in the day it was the premodern equivalent of frozen dinners. It lowered dishware use and kept extremely well for later eating. The tops of pie crusts were made thick and largely disposable. Kind of like a lid made out of bread to better preserve for later eating. The thick lid also made cooking for longer at higher hests more possible and made certain tougher meats like eel palatable. Pies were almost universally savory before advances in pie cuisine made during colonial settlement of north america.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    JustVine wrote: »

forgot all about pot pies... pies are not just for desert! mmm so many filling options.

Back in the day it was the premodern equivalent of frozen dinners. It lowered dishware use and kept extremely well for later eating. The tops of pie crusts were made thick and largely disposable. Kind of like a lid made out of bread to better preserve for later eating. The thick lid also made cooking for longer at higher hests more possible and made certain tougher meats like eel palatable. Pies were almost universally savory before advances in pie cuisine made during colonial settlement of north america.

Pies go back to ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome etc. Probably some changes to them over time from country to country but the range of filling types from meat, vegetables, fruits etc were widely used.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Beef-o-ghetti or Beefaroni?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • Options

You can use that as pie filling too, why not? :smile:
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Makes me think of an alternate telling of Game of Thrones where that fat little boy Aria befriends makes pies with Beefaroni in them or something...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options

Makes me think of an alternate telling of Game of Thrones where that fat little boy Aria befriends makes pies with Beefaroni in them or something...

ahh Hot Pie! That would be a funny marketing logo putting his face on a series of pie products like the Chef Boyardee
  • Options
    RavelRavel Member
    edited October 2021
    Does he like that other AoC game that much that he named his game to have the same acronym. >:)
    The verb, not the composer name.