Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is the worst idea you can think of for Ashes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Maybe something like family summoning

giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Worst thing they go the BDO way and make PvP so punishing that it killes Open world PvP becuse the Ceerbear army cry on the forums.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited October 2021
    Locked chests with the keys behind paywalls. Yeah… I’m looking at you Neverwinter. 🤨
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    A poor diversity of content to engage with. Sandbox games are fine, but if a sandbox is all you have to offer, players will quickly get bored.
  • Options
    RoulceRoulce Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fortnite dancing.
  • Options
    My worst nightmare would be that there will be to many cosmetic items for sale and mounts for sale. this is not including holiday specials. That's different I get it once a year fun little mount or hat here and there for like 5 bucks or something, but If they release mounts like that cancer causing game from blizzard and sell them for like $25 I will be furious with this game. I mean leave the mounts for people who deserve them. I am also not counting the Kickstarter stuff or voyager packs to help support game development but once the game launches THATS IT no more cosmetic gear for sale. All armor, weapons and mounts should be earned or crafted. If they have a store it should be for something like furniture or something innocent that is not to much of a big deal. But watch out DEVS, if you mess up by adding to many cosmetics crap in the game for the sake of profit YOU WILL RUIN the game's progression and sense of accomplishment for end game armor when fucking BILLY with his mommy's credit card can get something far better and cooler looking.
    If you must do something with the store then do actual store items like RL shirts and stuff for us players to support the game but please for the love of all that is holy DO NOT SELL IN GAME GEAR OR ITEMS or your game will fail in the long term.

SELL real life items to us players - Gaming mouse, keyboard, cloths or something with ashes of creation branding. That's it, you get your money we get our untainted game plus cool merch, easy everybody wins.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    A bit harsh but I cant disagree.
    As for the shop cosmetics, they need ingame tier requirements.
  • Options
    Releasing the game too early is probably the worst idea for any game. A new game, especially an MMO now days, gains so much traction the the first month or two that it seems counter productive to invest so much time and money to release a half-baked game then spend the next year trying to overcome that bad initial PR.
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dainsleif wrote: »
    Releasing the game too early is probably the worst idea for any game.

Agree with this. Let me revise my answer
    1)releasing early
    2)p2w
    3)dps metres
  • Options
    Hutchy1989Hutchy1989 Member
    edited November 2021
    Adding political cosmetics into game like BLM, LGBT Transgender flag, Trump and Lets Go Brandon stuff.

Or even Worse, propaganda for the Covid Jabs.
  • Options
    Keeping the family teleport system in the game.

Over relying on the in game store to give players options.

They both might actually be in the game, but they are the two worst ideas this game could have ever had. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Hutchy1989
    You'll be glad to know Steven's already said he wants to keep real-world politics out of the game.
    I don't got no sources, just a vague memory of him saying this somewhere...
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    ThulfThulf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Have those awesome community hubs called node villages/cities, but every single quest is given outside of it making every1 run across the lands on a scripted path.

That was the alpha experience for me at least. I pray it was just a placeholder.
  • Options
    I agree there should be no lore breaking yeti or other animal onesy costumes. Not having a good enforced naming policy would be another. Having a server with a role playing naming policy would be excellent. A lot of people don't like to see names created out of sentences, various body parts, etc.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I agree there should be no lore breaking yeti or other animal onesy costumes. Not having a good enforced naming policy would be another. Having a server with a role playing naming policy would be excellent. A lot of people don't like to see names created out of sentences, various body parts, etc.

That's oppressive. I would never make a character without a proper name but one of the few things that make me laugh on the internet are peoples nicknames.

You are asking for too much.
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited November 2021
    Having been through most of 2021, I guess we can add one thing to the list.

- Intrepid letting itself run into the same RL minefields as Blizzard did, get blown up, and drag Ashes down into the the abyss with it.

I'd assume Intrepid's working environment & culture are quite positive at the moment, I sincerely hope it'll stay forever that way.
    Meanwhile Blizzard's downward spiral's just painful & saddening to watch :(