Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Decided to make it official

For the past couple years I’ve had my eye on Ashes of Creation, and have quietly observed as Steve and the dev team has consistently impressed me with their transparency and passion. I finally made it official and signed on, and can safely say I’ve never felt more confident in a creative team. I look forward to being a part, however small, of supporting this beautiful endeavor.

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Give more real feedback, give less fluff and you will be alright
  • Options
    I’ll give feedback when I get the opportunity to play during the next alpha. Thanks!
  • Options
    welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, if you see any holes point them out, but if you dont like riding this style of boat perhaps its not suited to you :P
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    Welcome aboard! 💪
  • Options
    Red carpet I see
  • Options
    Congrats! Hopefully I will be right behind you!
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Welcome, and don't mind George, he hasn't been taking his naps.
  • Options
    Proxy victimization? New low. I just said give meaningful feedback. Why do you feel attacked?
  • Options
    I don’t feel attacked. I responded that I would give feedback when I get the opportunity, in fact. No need to be hostile.
  • Options
    I don’t feel attacked. I responded that I would give feedback when I get the opportunity, in fact. No need to be hostile.

Wasnt refering to you chief
  • Options
    jholder85638jholder85638 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

New comer here. Your type of engagement reflects very poorly on this game and community. I surely hope everyone is not as hostile as you are.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

New comer here. Your type of engagement reflects very poorly on this game and community. I surely hope everyone is not as hostile as you are.

I dont act on behalf of the company. Why would some user like me reflect a company and why would you draw that line? Get serious....
  • Options
    VirtekVirtek Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Welcome to the Ashes community @jholder85638 and @Church and State !
    I hope I can reassure you that the vast majority of the community is very positive and supportive.

George tends to be a bit rough around the edges and gruff sometimes.
    In the end, he means well. Just maybe a bit jaded by some mega fanboy/fangirl folks that are full-tilt positivity without any mention of constructive criticisms. That can be just as bad as full-blown negativity. ^.^

@George Black
    I could be wrong, but I think jholder was just saying that you're coming across as hostile and saying that your reaction reflects negatively on the community, in the eyes of someone new, which can (in turn) reflect badly on the game itself. Nobody wants to play a game with a scary toxic community. That's why 99% of the gamers I know won't touch COD, even if they love FPS.
    I know you've brought up some solid ideas and statements (both compliments and criticisms) about Ashes/Intrepid. Hell, we've covered many of your posts on our podcast.
    You're a cool cat. No need to chase away the new folks when they don't have their claws out for you. =)
  • Options
    I just find it weird that people dare say that one forum user, out of the at least 100 active right now, reflects the community.
    Going further, associating me with IS shows cancel culture tendecies.

And for a second time, I wasnt refering to the OP.

If people like jholder or whatever dont like my posts, use the ignore button. Dont go saying stuff like "reflect the company. It wont fly.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

This is a game where people are able to kill you and literally take (some of) your stuff.

Georges behavior on these forums is literally nothing in comparison to the behavior that will be seen in game.

As such, he is reflecting the community quite well.
  • Options
    VirtekVirtek Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Noaani
    I don't know about that kinda connection. Dubious at best. You can follow the rules and capabilities of a game without griefing.
    The same can be applied to social interaction. You can be gruff without going over the top.

Just because someone in-game *might* grief you doesn't mean that is representative of the community's average behavior.

Bad is bad. Doesn't matter if someone might be worse. Your comparison is like saying you should expect to be run down on the street outside your house at least twice a week because some criminals in the world will commit murder on the streets and not care.

I'm no flower child, but I would think that most people would want to try and support a healthy range of interactions (yeah, a healthy range would include some negativity) rather than just say "welp...There's going to be at least one terrible act...might as well let the world burn now. Suck it up, buttercup!"
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome to the party
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    UO was my first mmo, pre-trammel. I’m not only ok with serious pvp; I’m looking forward to it. I just wanted to pop in and say I was excited. Rest assured, I’ll plug critical feedback when I get the opportunity to find it, and I’m grateful to anyone who has done it already.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2021
    Virtek wrote: »
    Noaani
    I don't know about that kinda connection. Dubious at best. You can follow the rules and capabilities of a game without griefing.
    Are you new to the internet?
  • Options
    Welcome mate.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?