Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"Enable Default Skins" settings concept - Not "Hide Cosmetics" concept

2»

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    @Yuyukoyay

An opinion that is bad for the health of the game. If people can turn off cosmetics, then it lowers the value of cosmetics. This lowers the selling power of cosmetics. Then lowers Intrepid's income.

It could very well be the difference between a successful MMO and another failed MMO.

Not really. People in mass are probably going to enable them anyway. There are people who don't want any transmog in the game at all though. This would an option for them.

This is just another I don't want to see transmog thread that as usual has gone nowhere. This is a just totally bad idea. We have at least 2 years for people to get off their asses and work and save to build a better machine.

I'd rather have an unpopular option that has no effect on the game. Than punish players for playing the game by showing them crap they don't want to see.

I am going to go your low road route and say fuck'em. People need to have more grace and leave people alone and let them play as they want. Transmog will come from all kinds of gear. If someone wants to walk around in clown gear because they can who are you to come in from on high and say they can't?

There are a ton of players who said they wanted to see people with no skins so they know what they had to do to achieve the gear. This is an option more for them than anyone else.

As for the people who bought the transmogs. Fuck them. If they want to buy shit in a game to show off how rich they are in real life I don't really care. They shouldn't have an automatic final say on any new options in the game though.

So the people that are supporting the company should get lost so the people that aren't supporting the company can do what, not see what they don't have for not contributing?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's feels like there are only a few people around here capable of having the opinion that they don't like transmogs or cosmetics, but they understand that having them is the lesser of two evils and is actually better for the game as a whole.

To you people, I salute you.
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    As for the people who bought the transmogs. Fuck them. If they want to buy shit in a game to show off how rich they are in real life I don't really care. They shouldn't have an automatic final say on any new options in the game though.

Again, I tried to make it short and simple for you, but You just "don't care" as long as you get your way.

"Fuck them" ideally would be reserved for those buying cosmetics and skins for a predatory game with pay to win mechanics.

I could go on for hours about how tab-target sucks compared to action combat, and I don't think it's the path I want Ashes to go down. I am also man enough to admit that action combat is harder to pull off and If Ashes has to get rid of it altogether to make a better game. I will be disappointed, but I will admit that its better for the game as a whole.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.