Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will mobs have their own attacks?

ShadowCloneShadowClone Member
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
Will each mob in ashes have their own attack animation or is it going to be like the typical way where they just stand still n have a swing?

Comments

• VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not going to get down to it on a mob per mob level, but there are already many mobs with their own moves and skills in the Alpha. Some of them may share the same "rig" and animation, but look entirely different in game.

So far, its really no different from any other MMO I have played. Harder mobs tend to have more complex animations and moves and there are always some basic mobs that don't seem that exciting.

I don't think they have some philisophical idea that every mob must have its own rig and moves that is compleatly diffrent from every other mob in the game. I also don't think that it would be the best move of a studio the size of Intrpid to do this for a game the scale of Ashes. Reusing some animations and rigs from time to time is fine.

Hope this helps.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • ShadowCloneShadowClone Member
    edited November 2021
  • ShadowCloneShadowClone Member
    edited November 2021
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Not going to get down to it on a mob per mob level, but there are already many mobs with their own moves and skills in the Alpha. Some of them may share the same "rig" and animation, but look entirely different in game.

So far, its really no different from any other MMO I have played. Harder mobs tend to have more complex animations and moves and there are always some basic mobs that don't seem that exciting.

I don't think they have some philisophical idea that every mob must have its own rig and moves that is compleatly diffrent from every other mob in the game. I also don't think that it would be the best move of a studio the size of Intrpid to do this for a game the scale of Ashes. Reusing some animations and rigs from time to time is fine.

Hope this helps.

Ah I see and I agree with you for the most part I'd just like to see at least some slight variations in basic attacks for different mobs every once in a while
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ah I see and I agree with you for the most part I'd just like to see at least some slight variations in basic attacks for different mobs every once in a while

I agree, and from what I have seen it won't, be an issue unless you have are grinding the same mobs for hours on end. Which is sometimes very profitable in some games.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • I watched some DIABLOL 1 & 2 videos recently. Such an old game, but I'd forgotten how much variety there was in Diablo 1&2's mob behavior and animation. The various glitches, features and player interactions shown in the videos are very funny to reminisce.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    We've already seen that mobs have their own animations and attacks.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101