Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

petition for skin

SuperplusSuperplus Member
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
the skin of Santa Claus, duck, princess, or other nonsense have nothing to do in this game
it totally destroys the adult atmosphere of the creation's ashes
it destroys the game's rp
we don't want a game for 10 year olds
we want the developers to respect the lore of ashes of creation.
steven may think it's cool, but it's just ridiculous
sign the petition
ask all of you to stop this childishness
otherwise soon we will have lollipops and candy canes
Novus ordo seclorum

Comments

• Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Moved to General Discussion.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    No one tell him about Stuffertons.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Agreed, I said it was the worst months skin pack I have ever seen recently, and it gave me the same fears.

It is yet another sign that nothing about this game's ridiculous lore should be taken seriously. People keep using lore to defend stupid things about the game. This is another example that proves lore will be fluffed to put anything the devs like in the game at any time.

Do you want widespread use of client-side mods that remove all cosmetics?
    Because this is how you push people to make that shit as user-friendly as possible.

I love Ashes as a game so far, but I hate this Christmas shit.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Well the trains left the station. And I think it's great. Not all the skins are boring there's some great aesthetics and some cute things like the stuffed bear mount or the flying pig.

It's a fantasy mmorpg. If you weren't expecting it then I don't know what to tell you.
    wbauorbolxt1.png
  • Options
    @Hailee

They took a perfectly good opportunity to come up with an original winter holiday with its own theme and colors. To instead just do what is well known.

It doesn't get much more boring than that.

If they can say no to bikini armor or no giant swords to preserve the aesthetic of the world, then they sure as hell should not be putting in Santa outfits and stuffed bear mounts... IMO

TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    @Vhaeyne

Well you're going to need a fresh supply of copium because they exist and more will be coming.

If you want to run client side mods and risk a ban due to unexpected interactions with the game client then it's your choice.

People enjoy different things and this will appeal to them. Just like the samurai or warrior gift packs appeal to others.
    wbauorbolxt1.png
  • Options
    People enjoy giant swords and bikini armor...
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    I think the kid argument is pretty dumb. It might come as a shock but kids play video games,. You played video games as a kid and kids will play this game.

I just want a coherent art direction. I'm sure there are people that think a magical motorcycle would be a cool mount but it absolutely doesn't fit the current art direction. Just because people enjoy it doesn't mean it should be in the game.

Now the Santa suit is no where near as bad a a magical motorcycle would be but it does near the line of not acceptable without crossing it for me, while the teddy bear mount absolutely crosses the line for me.

My biggest problem with the Santa suit is that while it's not so bad seeing it during the holiday season. Seeing Santa in the middle of Summer would be a bit jarring.

Now it might not be so bad since it will be pretty rare as there aren't many people buying packs right now. But if they are willing to add a Santa suit this year what about enxt year? Now there are two different Santa suits and it gets more popular, it slowly get worse and worse as the years go on.
  • Options
    I just want a coherent art direction. I'm sure there are people that think a magical motorcycle would be a cool mount but it absolutely doesn't fit the current art direction. Just because people enjoy it doesn't mean it should be in the game.

That is the thing. "Coherent art direction"

The devs say they don't want silly shit in Ashes. Then get people who don't like silly shit excited enough to back the game... Then they put silly shit in the game... It's not a dealbreaker for me personally, but I am not going to ignore it. I like Intrepid, but I am willing to call them out when they are wrong. I would not be surprised if the swords slowly get bigger, and we start seeing more and more skin as those cosmetics sell.

If they told me it was going to be FFXIV or Tera crazy from the start, it would be fine. I like those games. What I don't like is being yanked around.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I dont like them, but by the time there will be around 10-15 10k player servers, nobody will care about the 200 ppl world wide that have those skins.
  • Options
    I dont like them, but by the time there will be around 10-15 10k player servers, nobody will care about the 200 ppl world wide that have those skins.

Good point! Also, the sort of person who would buy that skin would likely be too busy wearing any number of other crazy skins at any time. I did say in another thread that this might be the rarest skin.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Stufferton and the corgi are the worst for me... i dunno how to fix stufferton. I had an idea for the corgi though. The art style likes blended animals so what about a Corgipillar (corgi stretched out with a bunch of legs). It has the cute fuzzy buttness of a corgi but its not just a plain ass corgi with a tiara. I dont get how its all raccoon gorilla owls and then some basic meme dog gets put in.
  • Options
    KOS. Emotional turmoil solved.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Stufferton and the corgi are the worst for me... i dunno how to fix stufferton. I had an idea for the corgi though. The art style likes blended animals so what about a Corgipillar (corgi stretched out with a bunch of legs). It has the cute fuzzy buttness of a corgi but its not just a plain ass corgi with a tiara. I dont get how its all raccoon gorilla owls and then some basic meme dog gets put in.

Dogs and cats exist canonically in the world of Verra. They were a Kickstarter stretch goal.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Superplus wrote: »
    the skin of Santa Claus, duck, princess, or other nonsense have nothing to do in this game
    it totally destroys the adult atmosphere of the creation's ashes
    it destroys the game's rp
    we don't want a game for 10 year olds
    we want the developers to respect the lore of ashes of creation.
    steven may think it's cool, but it's just ridiculous
    sign the petition
    ask all of you to stop this childishness
    otherwise soon we will have lollipops and candy canes

Pretty sure all character models had skin in the alpha.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    @Hailee

They took a perfectly good opportunity to come up with an original winter holiday with its own theme and colors. To instead just do what is well known.

If they can say no to bikini armor or no giant swords to preserve the aesthetic of the world, then they sure as hell should not be putting in Santa outfits and stuffed bear mounts... IMO

I don't celebrate Christmas, but I did notice they went with the Coca-Cola advertisement.
    Its a pagan holiday rebranded as Christian with a 20th century melt-in-your-mouth commercial coating. Really, a 'sacred' holiday with a mascot from a diabetes-in-a-bottle company.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    pyreal wrote: »
    I don't celebrate Christmas, but I did notice they went with the Coca-Cola advertisement.
    Its a pagan holiday rebranded as Christian with a 20th century melt-in-your-mouth commercial coating. Really, a 'sacred' holiday with a mascot from a diabetes-in-a-bottle company.

Io Saturnalia!

Edit: real talk, that cinnamon coke is my favorite part of diabeteus-mus.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »

Dogs and cats exist canonically in the world of Verra. They were a Kickstarter stretch goal.

Why did my brain automatically just read: "Dogs and cats living together!"
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2021
    pyreal wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    @Hailee

You can't blame Christmas for a company deciding to use it for advertising.

It is a popular misconception that Coca-Cola shaped Christmas and Santa Claus.

Popular, yet still a misconception.

Coca-cola used it in the 1930's, yet all the pieces we recognize as Santa/Father Christmas/Saint Nicholas were all in place by the 1880's - even the color scheme.

So, really, Coca-Cola just repurposed a 50 year old concept in the 1930's, in the hopes that people would associate their product with Christmas.

Seems it is still working, 90 years later.

I find it really odd people would spread the misconception Coca-Cola wanted them to spread, but in a way that is disdainful towards both Christmas and Coca-Cola. Seems to me it would serve the purpose better to instead spread the truth, that Coca-Cola successfully usurped Christmas rather than shaped it.
  • Options
    165817d1425568837t-sprint-note-4-updating-lollipop-it_has_begun-.jpg
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are you objecting to this?

costume.png

It's reminiscent of Santa but it's not actually Santa. I went to the shop with the worry that they'd have some stupid skin like an Asian MMO that let you cosplay as Santa or a reindeer or something and that's all it was. Good grief, if you object to that then I don't know what to tell you. You're probably not going to be happy if any player puts together an outfit that reminds you of something else. Maybe stick to single-player games where you don't have to deal with people who might do something you don't like.

This game has been pretty good about staying away from ridiculous cosmetics, for which I'm very grateful. The latest batch is no exception.
    Talents wrote: »
    No one tell him about Stuffertons.

I choose to pretend that never happened and I hope that I never actually run into one in game.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Maybe we will be seeing skins for trebuchets in the store for launch. The game is definitely living up to the title of "Fashions of Creation" :smile:
  • Options
    It's a slippery slope and looks like they starting the slide as said they could have chosen to be original but hey it will soon be lost amongst the myriad of more skins YET to be released .

MMO starting to look like a dress up game, can see the combat log my char kills dragon boss .Killing blow, Suffocation by burying under umpteen outfits reward another skin of your choice . lol
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    JONTA wrote: »
    It's a slippery slope and looks like they starting the slide as said they could have chosen to be original but hey it will soon be lost amongst the myriad of more skins YET to be released .

MMO starting to look like a dress up game, can see the combat log my char kills dragon boss .Killing blow, Suffocation by burying under umpteen outfits reward another skin of your choice . lol

You've been met with a Terra-ble fate haven't you.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    You do realize they've been offering cosmetics technically for more than 4 years now? And the only truly awful cosmetic they released was 3 1/2 years ago. That's not a slippery slope, that's a consistent flat plane.
    Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. "Starting to look like a dress up game." You've been around for more than a year but you're acting like someone who stumbled in here, lost and confused, and you don't understand what is going on at all. You shouldn't have that excuse.

While the game has been in development for years, and the ability to actually play the game has been extremely limited, we've had the opportunity to preorder cosmetics. Because it's a completely harmless, absolutely not pay-to-win way for the company to generate some revenue while we wait for release. So for most of us, outside of very limited playtesting the only thing that we can do is talk about the game (which again we aren't even playing yet) and buy cosmetics.

So to the ignorant it might look like a "dress up game" because that's all you can do right now. But I've seen in your few posts on this forum that you're mostly a one-issue activist; you decided you hate cosmetics so you waste all your time here trolling the forum to gripe about your one and only issue. You clearly are never going to actually play the game; the only game you play is trying to rile people up on the boards.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    JontaJonta Member
    edited December 2021
    Atama wrote: »
    You do realize they've been offering cosmetics technically for more than 4 years now? And the only truly awful cosmetic they released was 3 1/2 years ago. That's not a slippery slope, that's a consistent flat plane.
    Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. "Starting to look like a dress up game." You've been around for more than a year but you're acting like someone who stumbled in here, lost and confused, and you don't understand what is going on at all. You shouldn't have that excuse.

While the game has been in development for years, and the ability to actually play the game has been extremely limited, we've had the opportunity to preorder cosmetics. Because it's a completely harmless, absolutely not pay-to-win way for the company to generate some revenue while we wait for release. So for most of us, outside of very limited playtesting the only thing that we can do is talk about the game (which again we aren't even playing yet) and buy cosmetics.

So to the ignorant it might look like a "dress up game" because that's all you can do right now. But I've seen in your few posts on this forum that you're mostly a one-issue activist; you decided you hate cosmetics so you waste all your time here trolling the forum to gripe about your one and only issue. You clearly are never going to actually play the game; the only game you play is trying to rile people up on the boards.

Sigh ,,Yet again get a sense of humour read it for what it is a bit of FUN.You realy have a problem m8 I can post my thoughts ideas and what I think just as much as you and the only person seemingly to be getting riled is you ,so take a step back and chill as for my posts don't read them simple.

No wonder people leaving these boards in droves and it's thanks to people like you ..
  • Options
    Sigh ,,Yet again get a sense of humour read it for what it is a bit of FUN.
    If that was sarcastic and/or a joke I take it back and apologize. I'm used to you being serious about your hatred of cosmetics. If you're taking a turn and just giving light-hearted jabs now then kudos to you.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Stufferton and the corgi are the worst for me...

I totally agree. Stuffertons is an abomination, and I've taken to calling the doggie "TFC", cos I can't mention it without calling it "That Fricking Corgi".

I wonder how much we'd have to pay to get them removed from the game, and have the two or three people that bought them refunded.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Stufferton and the corgi are the worst for me...

I totally agree. Stuffertons is an abomination, and I've taken to calling the doggie "TFC", cos I can't mention it without calling it "That Fricking Corgi".

I wonder how much we'd have to pay to get them removed from the game, and have the two or three people that bought them refunded.

Is there any problem that can't be solved with money?
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    Ask Walt Disney when they defrost him and fix his lung cancer.
    Forum_Signature.png