Options

Quitting?

SunboySunboy Member
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
What would make you loose interest completely in the game?

Also if you say P2W stuff. Post the second reason.

Much love and a happy new year 😘
«134

Comments

  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Other than P2W?

    Time gated daily chores. I don't mind a long grind, in fact I love it.

    The second I have to log on every day to get a little bump of daily progress that is allowed is the second I am out. I am talking specifically about WOW here, but I have seen it in other games.

    If I am going to log in and do the same shit every day, it's because I like it and I want to do it. Not because the devs decided they want to see people out in the world doing shitty world quests.


    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    234Graph234Graph Member
    edited December 2021
    Lackluster character module graphics & textures and perhaps going full tab targeting
  • Options
    combat system
  • Options
    Not finding friends to play with :'(
  • Options
    IronhopeIronhope Member
    edited December 2021
    Its usually not one single factor that makes people quit but a multitude of factors, all chipping at the fun of the experience.

    Besides simple and obvious big stuff like the presence of P2W, gameplay being unfun, game being very buggy, abusive players not being adressed, immersion breaking cosmetics, game feeling like a chore with obligatory dailies and grinds like that, etc

    stuff that would really ''make my boat sink'' would be:

    (in no particular order)

    1. The class-spec I want to play is underpowered and/or its gameplay doesn't match its theme and/or its unfun to play.

    2. Bad server population management systems leading to the world being beautiful and huge but feeling underpopulated and imbalanced in general.

    3. If the world, despite being big and beatiful, is shallow. If it has no secrets, and treasures and mysteries and easter eggs and secret quests and stuff like that hiding in the ''optional'' areas.

    4. Game is too cookie-cutter. You got 64 class-specs, hundreds of armor and weapon combinations, hundreds of affiliation, tatoo, etc combinations but at the end of the day, only a handful of those are actually fun to play (work).

    5. Griefing has been neutered too hard and the game in general is too much of a nanny.

    6. It lacks enough mechanisms to enoucrage you to get friends. It just doesn't have enough group quests, elites mobs, instances, etc to encourage people to work together.

    7. It just doesn't have the right atmosphere and story.

    8. Game being turned away from PvP and more into PvE.


  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Besides P2W and assuming the game delivers what it has promised so far, in no particular order:

    1. adding NFTs
    2. allowing exploits to keep existing and not permabanning the cheaters hard.
    3. non-stop unstable servers with no fix in sight.
  • Options
    Poor performance. The game needs to run smoothly... Needs to run like butter.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    I have a terrible disease (jokingly) that compels me to like most underpowered options in a video game. I still have not figured out if its because its underpowered or because i just have very particular tastes, but I HATE having to wait months for something that is clearly under performing to be addressed.

    If summoner/rogue comes out and its terrible I would hope to see adjustments within a month and not next expansion.

    When I played albion online I loved the feel and utility of spears but it was outshined by most other weapons in the game for pvp. I spent a few months hoping for change, writing suggestion threads, complaining, etc. A month after I quit the game spears became the best weapon in the game apparently. I did not go back though, they took too long to address it and I lost interest.
    5000x1000px_sathrago_commission_ravenjuu_1.jpg?ex=665ce6c0&is=665b9540&hm=1fa03cbbd9ea4d641eaf4ca6f133d013d392b1968d6ca9add7d433259c509d09&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    P2W, of course.

    If gold sellers were common and if cheaters and botters went unbanned, then I would reconsider playing.

    Other things would irritate me, such as dominant guilds griefing, players being jerks and my node being wiped out. But that is human nature and/or a part of the game so none of that would make me quit. If I can't take that, then I shouldn't be playing...I should stick with checkers and Pokemon.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Changing the current game design to a PvE focused one like every other Western MMO in the last 17 years.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    If they scrapped the flagging/corruption/open world pvp I would lose interest.

    If they made instanced PvE raiding the prevailing gearing progression method.

    If they made ez, solo story questlines and quest hubs the main leveling tactic.

    If they made daily activity rewards equally important to gold.

    If the economy was based on auction house, infinate resources and competition for cheapest volumes of goods.


    AoC needs to stick to its designs, which will make it an mmo worth of investing time on your character and immediate community, as opposed to all the quick, solo mmos, with optional instanced raiding and pve plus boring daily routines.
  • Options
    I think a non pyramid hierarchy armor system would disappoint me so bad to quit. If I a mere gatherer/random soldier kind can "easyly" get one of the highests sets it just will not feel right. I like to see people wearing a legendary item, like if it was a true legend of a tale, that means is rare to see one of this kind. Even not the highest but a pretty good one should be less common than gear of the most of the players have.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If they made instanced PvE raiding the prevailing gearing progression method.
    I would probably leave Ashes if this were the case as well - though I would also leave if they made it so that raiding was all open, and thus nothing more than a reward pinata for PvP.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    ..........
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If the corruption mechanic didn’t work well and it turned into a tedious gankfest of a game I’d consider my investment wasted and move on.
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Unchecked cheating. In any form. Hacks, gold buying/selling, duping. Anything. If there's not a legitimate and serious effort by Intrepid to fight it, I'm out.

    I had 500 something hours in New World a month in, maybe even less than a month. It was ridiculous, one of my friends even called me out on it like, how bro?

    As soon as I found out about the duping and realized the devs couldn't or wouldn't be able to do much about it, I instantly quit. Instantly dropped 500+ hours of time investment. Wasn't even a hard decision.

  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Poor implementation of the ingame economy, mostly because it ruins everything else. I'd play just to 'exploit' and break it, for a while. I don't mean cheating, just 'abusing any obvious design holes hoping to force them to patch it up', but if the core system is the problem, I'm probably out.

    2. If they can't manage to do better than 'flavors' for Classes and Augments. At that point, I just have better things to do, and I can design that sort of thing myself so, in all arrogance, it'd be doubly frustrating to literally 'be able to see how to do it better' and watch it suck, enough so that I wouldn't want to log in.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.
    
  • Options
    Finding out that Intrepid and/or Ashes was sold to EA



  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Finding out that Intrepid and/or Ashes was sold to EA




    Would prefer EA to Activision - but only just.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Game turned into a job. I expect grind I know it's an mmo, but I hope it doesn't end up like WoW is now.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If there's a lack of depth to the node system.
    To me, that's Ashes' selling point that distinguishes it from all other MMOs - I really want to see if the rise and fall of cities can be fun and have meaningful impact on an evolving world.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    If they made instanced PvE raiding the prevailing gearing progression method.
    I would probably leave Ashes if this were the case as well - though I would also leave if they made it so that raiding was all open, and thus nothing more than a reward pinata for PvP.

    I think I have told you before. If they did some instanced raids where gear was locked to a specific iLVL like FFXIV does for Ultimate raids. The only rewards being cosmetics and titles. That would be sweet.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Poor healing system. I didn't enjoy the healing in FF14. So, either a mouse over macro macro where I can hit a healing key with my mouse over the players name or if the game will allow third party addons a healing addon similar to VuhDo like in World of Warcraft.

    I also agree that being forced to do daily World Quests would eventually get boring. Especially, if you were forced to do them lest you felt like you weren't going to be as competitive.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Boanergese wrote: »
    Poor healing system. I didn't enjoy the healing in FF14. So, either a mouse over macro macro where I can hit a healing key with my mouse over the players name or if the game will allow third party addons a healing addon similar to VuhDo like in World of Warcraft.

    I also agree that being forced to do daily World Quests would eventually get boring. Especially, if you were forced to do them lest you felt like you weren't going to be as competitive.

    You can mouse over macro heal in FFXIV...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Forgot to include my reason 🤪

    When IS think profit is more important then gameplay.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Sunboy wrote: »
    Forgot to include my reason 🤪

    When IS think profit is more important then gameplay.

    I don't think this is a very good reason at all.

    Without profit, there is no Intrepid, no Intrepid means no game. No game means no gameplay.

    Intrepid need to put profit first, but do it in a way that doesn't compromise gameplay.
  • Options
    Mopy KingMopy King Member
    edited December 2021
    Noaani wrote: »
    Sunboy wrote: »
    Forgot to include my reason 🤪

    When IS think profit is more important then gameplay.

    I don't think this is a very good reason at all.

    Without profit, there is no Intrepid, no Intrepid means no game. No game means no gameplay.

    Intrepid need to put profit first, but do it in a way that doesn't compromise gameplay.

    I think it's safe to say that that's exactly what Sunboy meant; your logic seems a bit off to me though.
    If you're making profit your number one priority but refuse to change your gameplay system solely to make more profit... Then profit isn't your number one priority.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2021
    Mopy King wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Sunboy wrote: »
    Forgot to include my reason 🤪

    When IS think profit is more important then gameplay.

    I don't think this is a very good reason at all.

    Without profit, there is no Intrepid, no Intrepid means no game. No game means no gameplay.

    Intrepid need to put profit first, but do it in a way that doesn't compromise gameplay.

    I think it's safe to say that that's exactly what Sunboy meant; your logic seems a bit off to me though.
    If you're making profit your number one priority but refuse to change your gameplay system solely to make more profit... Then profit isn't your number one priority.

    If you're making profit your number one priority, and your company is making a profit, then your number one priority is taken care of and you can move on to other things.

    What you are talking about here is making profit your only concern, not making profit your number one priority.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sunboy wrote: »
    Forgot to include my reason 🤪

    When IS think profit is more important then gameplay.

    I hope you mean with IS sacrifices good gameplay to gain extra profit?

    Until they plug us all into the matrix or give us "Universal Basic Income" I think profit is going to be the main motivator for most projects.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Sunboy wrote: »
    Forgot to include my reason 🤪

    When IS think profit is more important then gameplay.

    I don't think this is a very good reason at all.

    Without profit, there is no Intrepid, no Intrepid means no game. No game means no gameplay.

    Intrepid need to put profit first, but do it in a way that doesn't compromise gameplay.

    I think what Sunboy means is implementation of gameplay that maximizes profit and minimizes quality/fun. Archeages labor system comes to mind, people who paid got an advantage ,thus trion/gamigo sacrificed quality gameplay for money.
Sign In or Register to comment.