Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Quitting?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Besides p2w. Real world politics and practices defining/influencing the game.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited January 2022
    Lack of pvp, or the only to way get endgame gear is doing pve, going tab target combat, after playing games like gw2, New world , Bdo is really can´t play a tab target mmorpg again...
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dolyem wrote: »

What? All games, including Ashes, are influenced and defined by real world politics and practices. Anything made by humans is.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »

What? All games, including Ashes, are influenced and defined by real world politics and practices. Anything made by humans is.

Theres a difference between using designs of governing systems from real world and pushing a specific political agenda from the real world. The latter will be a cause to quit.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Theres a difference between using designs of governing systems from real world and pushing a specific political agenda from the real world. The latter will be a cause to quit.

You mean political agendas you don't agree with? For example, I am pretty sure the game will allow same-sex marriage ingame. For some people that is a political agenda they strongly disagree with. The game might not even be able to launch in Russia or other countries where same-sex marriage is illegal without Intrepid changing that to only marriage between man and woman for those regions. Disallowing same-sex marriage is political agenda I certainly don't agree with.
  • Options

You mean political agendas you don't agree with? For example, I am pretty sure the game will allow same-sex marriage ingame. For some people that is a political agenda they strongly disagree with. The game might not even be able to launch in Russia or other countries where same-sex marriage is illegal without Intrepid changing that to only marriage between man and woman for those regions. Disallowing same-sex marriage is political agenda I certainly don't agree with.

All political agendas honestly. I am not biased in this instance. I don't want real world, I want a completely made up world. But if you're fishing to see what agenda I am in line with I can at least tell you that I have no issue with same-sex marriage.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2022

All political agendas honestly. I am not biased in this instance. I don't want real world, I want a completely made up world. But if you're fishing to see what agenda I am in line with I can at least tell you that I have no issue with same-sex marriage.

No fishing, just trying to understand what you mean :smile: The term "Political agenda" hits wide. If there is a law about something, there is a political agenda about it.

I certainly don't want real life partisan politics in the game either, with people shouting specific political slogans from whatever country they are from. Same goes for real life religions. Keep that out of the game and let's stick to the ingame religions and politics.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ramirez wrote: »
    Lack of pvp, or the only to way get endgame gear is doing pve

I believe endgame gear will be crafted, whether you make it yourself or pay someone. You probably won’t be able to earn it directly via PvP (like an arena ranking reward) but you might earn plunder through PvP you can use to buy it. (Or loot resources off victims to make it - I guess PvP is a gathering profession in that sense.)

Hopefully that sounds good to you.

Hhak63P.png