Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Camouflage

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cool idea. I imagine it would have a cast time and a cool down for balance, but especially given the rarity of some material this could be helpful.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Only problem with going prone is that there really aren’t any medieval weapons that are functional from that position. Also, laying down with a sword buckled to your belt is a serious pain in the ass.

Kneeling? No problem.

But try to lay down on your stomach and your weapon now has a mind of its own.

Crossbow comes to mind but I dunno if that's planned for ashes
  • Options
    Given how much they’re pushing for “spying” and “intrigue”, it’s baffling that they’re just going to permanently and publicly display nameplates with zero options to conceal them as if that makes any sense at all.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited January 2022

It’s more of a pain in the ass than you would think - between the size, the nature of your shoulder articulation while prone, and that it’s a ballistic weapon (thus requiring some elevation/pitch to hit a target at range).
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    100% agree some way to hide if you are not a rogue needs to be put in play... for all types of applications
  • Options
    Optics2134 wrote: »
    100% agree some way to hide if you are not a rogue needs to be put in play... for all types of applications

You know there aren't going to be any ladies bathrooms, right...?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »

WHY DAVEY?
    I need imagination bleach.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »

WHY DAVEY?
    I need imagination bleach.

Don't worry, you can still come to my "special tavern": The House Of Delights

We cater to your every need!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I like the idea of a camouflage set per biome.

My suggestion would be to remove the nameplate if crouched and you haven't moved for a few seconds. As soon as you stand up it comes back.

If there is a specific and set distance at which nameplates appear over the heads of players, the camo set could reduce that distance a little too. However, if the distance is based on graphics settings that won't work.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Only problem with going prone is that there really aren’t any medieval weapons that are functional from that position. Also, laying down with a sword buckled to your belt is a serious pain in the ass.
    A dagger would be okay. Cut a hamstring, then as they fall to the ground jump up and finish them off.

In this game a weapon like a wand would probably work too.
    Crossbows are in the game but you can’t load one from the ground.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Crossbows

Hhak63P.png