Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dirt in AoC

2»

Comments

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Atama wrote: »
    Ramirez wrote: »
    Would be nice something like blood in your cloths if you morder alot of players or dirt if you died alot of times then you would need to go to a spa, like kingdome come deliverance, more than that nahhh

Be like Dragon Age and let your big dog lick it off.

Well, now we need all the gory deta...... you know what, let's not...

d2dpiq1-e19ead0f-9505-4131-9533-e7ceafafb934.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NjYjVmMjkyLWJkMjEtNGZkNi04NTFiLTZkMDFiMDkyMjI1MVwvZDJkcGlxMS1lMTllYWQwZi05NTA1LTQxMzEtOTUzMy1lN2NlYWZhZmI5MzQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.BhwNxk-3pDm3b_Ipyob9McVsEgjOLe6cfRsGu3hY-FQ

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    tautau wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Sims, and why I quit playing it.

Play The Sims 4 instead. You won't have to do that anymore because dirts and dust are paid DLCs. I'm not even joking.
  • Options
    So, when I have all the blood of your guild mates watered in my body, I will need a mechanic to clean it, right?
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    palabana wrote: »

Play The Sims 4 instead. You won't have to do that anymore because dirts and dust are paid DLCs. I'm not even joking.

Ahaha.

This reminds me of Cities Skylines having a DLC for Natural Disasters.
    Why would I want a tornado, or a flood, or an earthquake to destroy everything?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    palabana wrote: »

Ahaha.

This reminds me of Cities Skylines having a DLC for Natural Disasters.
    Why would I want a tornado, or a flood, or an earthquake to destroy everything?

To make it more like Sim City! Ahhhh, good ol' Sim City :)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I loved building a city and then saying “Screw it!” and making Godzilla show up and smash everything.

Then again, when Sim City came out I was 12.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited February 2022
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    I loved building a city and then saying “Screw it!” and making Godzilla show up and smash everything.

lol
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    This seems like a completely unnecessary system for a video game. People refer to boring repetitive tasks in games as chores, and you want to add literal chores into the game, and call it a feature...
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    If i leave the game for few days to emergency i already have to catch up with that fact. I aint gonna buy new stuff for my house cause it became dirty. If that said house is still even there and not be destroyed cause of war

The catch up will never end
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ashes was never sold as a grime dark fantasy. It get's dark, but not that over the top counter.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »
    Karthos wrote: »
    I guess I don't understand how Dirt "Encourages" so much activity.

It just sounds like a Maintenance System to me.

For example: If your house is dirty, that dirt would affect the player with some debuffs, on the other hand if his house is clean it could give him some buff.

That would apply to the city in a higher%

In this way people would be attentive to making that content (which could be 1 or 2 times a month), in the same way also for cities they could have city missions where cleaning is needed, depending on the level of cleaning they would be granted a buff or debuff.

It's not a terrible idea, but I feel it would be very hard to pull off without making it into a "Daily System" that just harnesses players with mindless tasks they "need" to do in order to progress with the rest of the game. This would mean players need to spend their time doing things that are not in the game world, and instead be in their house brushing their carpets and polishing their knobs.

This especially would punish players with limited time. You make a person perform 30 min of these daily tasks or else suffer a penalty, that's 30 mins less time they will be participating in the world doing what they really want to be doing. At some point, a player may not even log in since they don't want to be using a majority of their time doing chores instead of playing the game. Of course you can make these tasks take no time at all, but then, why even have them then?

Again, not a terrible Idea, but really not a good one either in terms of player enjoyment and time well spent.

I agree, it would either be a useless and boring activity or another necessary boring grind.

Maintenance activities could simply be part of the cost of the node, and paid out of node or guild funds as a money sink.