Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Now that you have shown mantling, will mobs/pets/mounts also have this ability or do you have some other plan to reach players on rocks and stuff.
  • EffluvikoffEffluvikoff Member
    edited January 2022
    1. To what extent and in what format will class fantasies be displayed?
    (Will it be just visual, or can we actually expect the Necromancer's summons to be typed as Undead- Will it be augments or will be it be an entirely new skill- Are you planning on making this MTX for something like this.)

2. Is AoC's own holidays still on the table or has that Xmas tree confirmed that we are now celebrating Christmas in Verra?
  • In regards to the environment, are you going to follow the normal template of spawning roaming mobs in an area or tweak something different like certain mobs attack or gets aggro as a group, or something similar to blue protocol where a group of mobs has a trinity system to further promote teaming up with other players to take down objectives and quests
  • Will skills be affected greatly by lag? As Stephen has played ArcheAge before, Endless Arrows was heavily affected by ping, reducing DPS. Will there be any skills in Ashes with a similar interaction with ping?
  • cornanskicornanski Member
    edited January 2022
    @Steven Sharif
    what is the point of having written a lore, of making gods and a whole history alive for another world.
    if you have to impose real life parties on us, don't you feel like you're destroying the atmosphere of the game by doing that?
  • Can we get a little more information on the different types of weapons that can be placed on ships? (magic fireball cannons? ballistas? harpoons?)
  • Will it be duels 5x5? That's really hepful for PvP trainings. Also would be good to have raid duels 20x20.
  • A lot of us draw motivation from the true endgame: FASHION. Is there any chance we'll see a strong dye system? Being able to use an RGB slider to coordinate colors in BDO feels revolutionary.
    The crows seemed to becalling his name, thought Caw.
    - Deep thoughts by Jack Handey
  • A question about deep-sea fishing.
    Can you tell us more about the "mini-game" which will be featured in deep-sea fishing and how many different fishes there is going to be in Ashes of Creation?
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    Are we going to see RNG in Smelting outcomes? Like getting Fine Steel ingots instead regular Steel ingots or perhaps rare by-products.
  • What is likely to be the most mobile class?
  • BardticBardtic Member, Alpha One
    If a node is destroyed will points of interest such as raids or dungeons close back up?
    XWeKqaZ.png
  • For those of us just now purchasing the Voyager Plus Pre-Order Packs, when and how will we gain access to Alpha Two?
  • Tradeskill question:
    Will a casual gamer, or say someone who decides to try AoC a year or so after it's release, be able to compete on the endgame tradeskill stage? Or will they forever be stuck behind the wall of that player who was able to start on day 1 and play 16 hours a day for weeks on end? For tradeskilling to be truly viable, there has to be continuous strong demand for crafted goods all the way up (down?) the crafting experience tree. And there has to be that possibility of becoming the best, even if you're later to the show.
  • House ownership question:
    On a similar vein as my tradeskill question, is there going to be limited space for player housing and/or storfronts? In some games, those coming to the game after it was around for a while, had absolutely no chance to acquire player housing, because all the alotted space had been claimed.
  • RevengeRomanRevengeRoman Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How likely is a period of spot testing for the UE5 version of Ashes? Or will the UE5 conversion primarily be tested via Alpha 2?
  • Question about class abilities:

I can only imagine the monumental task of having unique abilities for 64 subclasses classes. Has this work been on going for a long time ? has a significant amount of this work been done already (the basics - not tuning & pruning) ?

I
  • Daevok wrote: »
    Question about class abilities:

I can only imagine the monumental task of having unique abilities for 64 subclasses classes. Has this work been on going for a long time ? has a significant amount of this work been done already (the basics - not tuning & pruning) ?

I

It isn't 64 unique classes
    There will be lots of overlap

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes
  • Maverick V6Maverick V6 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With many dungeons being open to all and not instanced, how do you guys plan to make this content fun and engaging? In comparison to a game that shall not be named, much of the content ends up in the form of ZERGING a specific area. Will these open dungeons scale based on player population or will it be a sad boring state that is just done for XP farm/drops?
  • Are you considering a mechanic which reduces the effectiveness of grinding/farming a specific spot for either an extended period of time or for multiple occurrences, thereby promoting the translocation of players?
  • I'm a bit confused since your last interview.

Is AoC going to be a Sandpark or a Themebox and what's the difference from your Point of View?
  • SunboySunboy Member
    edited January 2022
    Did you ever reach out to WoTC and try to get a license for DND brand or did you know from start that you wanted your own creation?
  • Are the graphics in regards to character models going to stsy the same or will they be upgraded to something akin to the pictures below or the one's seen in metahuman creator?
  • 234Graph wrote: »
    Are the graphics in regards to character models going to stsy the same or will they be upgraded to something akin to the pictures below or the one's seen in metahuman creator?

The vid below is the pic I'm referring to

https://youtu.be/pXxcA1TSL-k
  • FlankerFlanker Member
    edited January 2022
    Question: How far the archers will be able to shoot, will there by any limit and/or arrow drop? As a fan of ranged DPS classes in MMO, I worry that the archers might not be able to utilize their ability to kite enemies, taking into account the amount of gape closing abilities of other classes (blink for mages, chain for tanks etc., not even talking about the crowd-control skills of other classes).

In many MMOs, for example, Lineage 2 or New World (and I suppose AoC will not become an exception), it is possible and critically important for rangers to be able to deal damage while staying a little bit outside of the big battle and meanwhile, analyze what's going on around. In those games, rangers have much longer possible range of attack than mages, for example. Will the same logic be implemented in AoC too?

Thank you
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • What kind of systems will there be to prevent or desincentivize real money transactions?
  • Say for example I have a Drake of the Canopy Cosmetic, can I only use it on "Drake/Dragon" mounts? Or to any similar tier mounts. Does that apply to other mount cosmetics as well?
  • DiggyDiggy Member
    edited January 2022
    How do you plan to deal with cheaters? Situations where a hacker adds stats to himself by hacking (and not necessarily 10 times more, he can add a little).
  • Quick question: Steven, you mentioned at one point that players would be able to run businesses like taverns to cater to other players and to sell them food and drink for limited-time buffs! Is it possible for players to run various types of shops for the different artisan paths within a node center like a town/city/metropolis as well?

All the best to the team at Intrepid! MMO fans everywhere can't wait to see the results of your hard work!
    Here's to hoping "Inn Harm's Way" can be made a reality!
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How well will gear modifiers allow us to customize our characters builds, will two people with the same archetypes selected be able to make two different play style characters by diversifying their gear?