Lost Ark player feedback for AoC ideas

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited February 2022 in General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cQ7DMI7CM

With the imminent arrival of Lost Ark I would like to leave this segment for possible Lost Ark feedback for AoC.

-What things from Lost Ark should inspire AoC?
-What things from Lost Ark shouldn't inspire AoC?
-What things from Lost Ark do you think could be in AoC?
-What things from Lost Ark do you think could not be in AoC?

Anything you see in Lost Ark that could be good or bad for AoC is also welcome.

EDym4eg.png

Comments

• MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited February 2022
    Anyone with a positive opinion about this type of mount for AoC?

Because honestly I can't find it
    TxHKcar.png
    EDym4eg.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Depends heavily on world build. Cute mounts should exist. If there isn't a general thematic of extremely bright colors, I'd rather it not happen. If there are not some sort of puppetmaster/mad scientist/toy maker world influence level npc i'd rather not. If there are not some sort of native class that wields magic of that type I'd rather not.
    So far AoC has the first and third of those options on the list. If they add in the second as well I'll be glad stufferton exists (because we all know what you were indirectly referring to.) As it stands I'm ambivalent and mildly positive. I hate sparkly particle effects on mounts and gear though. I prefer them on actual abilities.
    Node coffers: Single Payer Capitalism in action
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is an incredible opportunity for Intrepid. I think they need to invest a lot of time into examining all the systems of Lost Ark. And then do the opposite while developing Ashes.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

TxHKcar.png

Are you sure that's not just a screenshot from TERA Online?

Hhak63P.png
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »

TxHKcar.png

I did get strong TERA vibes from the trailer, so I guess that fits yeah
  • -What things from Lost Ark should inspire AoC?
    -What things from Lost Ark shouldn't inspire AoC?
    -What things from Lost Ark do you think could be in AoC?
    -What things from Lost Ark do you think could not be in AoC?

should inspire: Quality in design. The world and everything look quite nice even tough its a top down view. Im expecting the same for AoC. I wish they would do an even better work ^^

shouldn't inspire : These type of game often lack in term of gameplay and people often use the same build/gear. But I already know it will be hard sinse AoC have lots of build option. So im not worry on that.

do you think could be: Not so sure im not a big fan of top view genre.

do you think could not be in : Super extra VFX. I hate when game have too much VFX to the point you cant see. Like I understand the Im super strong look/feel. But do yo really need 12 explosion over each other.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    I think the Ashes devs should ignore Lost Ark. It's a Hack and Slash MMO.
    Lost Ark is the answer to the question, "What if TERA Online played just like Diablo?"

Hhak63P.png
  • Dygz wrote: »

There is a lot of reason in what you say, but my philosophy when I look for ideas is to see different scenarios, which is why LA enters the equation.
    EDym4eg.png
    edited February 2022

TxHKcar.png

Qvi4Ypz.gif
    EDym4eg.png
  • Anyone with a positive opinion about this type of mount for AoC?

TxHKcar.png

While the theme of the mount is horrible, at least the design and execution are good. If you look back at all of the cosmetic packs that have been sold here, they're all over the shop, ranging from half-assed to straight ridiculous.

FYI: Ashes isn't any better.
    Merek wrote: »

Ashes is better, because that's the only really stupid mount they created. (And honestly, when you have to go out of your way to defend a mount, you know something went wrong.) They haven't done anything that ridiculous since, with mounts or gear. Even the pets aren't bad; some are cute, and some are a bit silly, but nothing immersion-breaking.

Hhak63P.png
    edited February 2022
    Dygz wrote: »

There is a lot of reason in what you say, but my philosophy when I look for ideas is to see different scenarios, which is why LA enters the equation.
    To me, it's like asking what the Kentucky Derby can learn from pinewood car racing.
    What can soccer learn from basketball?
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm glad that Lost Ark came to NA, because now just in case Intrepid got the urge to make a K-Pop Diablo 2, it will have already been done.
    Aq0KG2f.png
    edited February 2022

To me, it's like asking what the Kentucky Derby can learn from pinewood car racing.
    What can soccer learn from basketball?

I've always thought that soccer should copy basketball's halftime.
    Gordon Ramsay had a restaurant buyer/auction like Pawn Stars.

I mean, I know what you mean by LA with AoC but you can always see things in other fields that can inspire you, give you ideas or alert you to possible bad ideas of course it's not optimal but whenever there are hits or misses from other people there are the opportunity to see if those successes or errors can strengthen you.
    EDym4eg.png
    edited February 2022
    Not always.
    The strengths and weaknesses of an orange don't necessarily cross over to the strengths and weaknesses of an apple.
    An orange is not going to give me much inspiration of what I should do to make a great apple pie.
  • Atama wrote: »

Ashes is better, because that's the only really stupid mount they created. (And honestly, when you have to go out of your way to defend a mount, you know something went wrong.) They haven't done anything that ridiculous since, with mounts or gear. Even the pets aren't bad; some are cute, and some are a bit silly, but nothing immersion-breaking.

Look at the recent pack available here, the mount is literally the laziest shit I've seen in my life, it's disappointing and the fact people are allowing a supposed "great MMO" to get away with this sheer laziness is telling about its expected release quality.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So, if I held a bee in my hand, I hope I would not get stung. But if I had a bee in my hand, then what would be in my eye?

Beauty. Because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What I am saying is that different people will like different things in the monthly cosmetic offerings. I rather liked the new mounts.

PS If that really is "literally the laziest shit I've seen in my life" then you haven't looked around much.
  • tautau wrote: »
    So, if I held a bee in my hand, I hope I would not get stung.

Bees dont sting, they are sweet like honey

edited February 2022

Look at the recent pack available here, the mount is literally the laziest shit I've seen in my life, it's disappointing and the fact people are allowing a supposed "great MMO" to get away with this sheer laziness is telling about its expected release quality.

Let's imagine for a moment that you're not referring to a mount from a game in Alpha where they haven't shown that mount in play yet.
    Let's imagine for a moment that what we've seen is a generic image that Intrepid showing and that they are currently working with UE5 to improve that mount for display in game.
    Let's imagine for a moment that the images that Intrepid shows us are not the final result.

See how easy it is to use your common sense :)
    EDym4eg.png

Eh, the goatdog is okay. It’s not something I’d buy but it’s not awful. It’s not, say, an animated piñata or a duck with an afro.

If that sort of thing sets you off, I dunno. Maybe your standards are too high for MMORPGs. What game has mounts that satisfy you?

Hhak63P.png
    edited February 2022
    Selfie Settings , this could be interesting
    https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxmJheXGPYrLMhC5jb3Y-e6TQZiCtkU_-m
    jJ5vpBc.png
    2bZadJc.png
    EDym4eg.png
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There's always stuff to learn from other games. I'm sure there's at least a few things to take away from Lost Ark too.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope AoC has animated crowds in the arena stands like Lost Ark. The rest of Lost Ark doesn't stir me though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We can also learn not to implement anything like the cash shop in Lost Ark.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Please take inspiration from the Mokoko's in Lost Ark - lots of people love it (myself included).

Doesn't need to give stat bonuses, just cleverly hidden and tricky to find collectibles. :)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Neurath wrote: »
    I hope AoC has animated crowds in the arena stands like Lost Ark. The rest of Lost Ark doesn't stir me though.

That request I think I have seen about 1 year or more ago, I hope Intrepid can do it because the sensation is incredible
    EDym4eg.png
    edited February 2022
    nopY0Cf.png
    Please note all launch errors that AGS showed, especially those of NW.
    Thank you AGS
    EDym4eg.png
  • HasilHasil Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    So much that Eastern MMOs do is just predatory and designed to push you into micro transactions. I hope Intrepid ignores most of it, though the whole system of workers in BDO was very neat.

I'm a little concerned b/c Intrepid has been using some FOMO tactics with their e-mail blasts for the cosmetics, though. . . Please keep the FOMO to a minimum in AOC and design it to be fun as opposed to designed to push you to spend $ in the shop. . .