What are your TOP 5 things you hope to see or be revealed during the March Livestream?

2»

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Haha.
    Looks like they are hoping another week will make the character creator presentable.
  • VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited March 2022
    Alpha 2 trailer
    Artisan class details
  • Lark WyllLark Wyll Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1) Intrepid employees taking Steven back to the pvp dunk tank with a new combat demo.

2) Character Creator that shows some more sinister looking model options.

3) UE5 demo of something we saw previously being updated into UE5 graphics with a before and after showcase.

4) Seafaring/Naval demo.

5) Elaboration/depth into class archetypes.
    u3usdraa7gs1.png

• KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    Haha.
    Looks like they are hoping another week will make the character creator presentable.

Which is kinda frightening if you think about it.

What can be done on a major component like the character creator in a week that's going to make THAT big of an impact to it? Any component to the character creator that makes it not presentable might need weeks or months to fix.

Let's hope it's just Steven's perfectionism
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Karthos wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Haha.

Which is kinda frightening if you think about it.

What can be done on a major component like the character creator in a week that's going to make THAT big of an impact to it? Any component to the character creator that makes it not presentable might need weeks or months to fix.

Let's hope it's just Steven's perfectionism

Personally, I was resigned to seeing the character creator in April or May once they missed presenting it back in February. For this specific situation though, I think they can be given the benefit of the doubt. They typically do their dev updates on the last friday of every month. For March/April of 2022, the way the dates work out, that means they would be giving 3 weeks of prep to March and 5 weeks to April. The date change means that's shifted to 4 weeks to each.

Perhaps that should've been planned for. Maybe they didn't even delay it for the character creator. I don't think it's worth thinking too hard about. It's just a reminder that Intrepid Studios historically over-promises when it comes to delivery dates.
  • I just want a Alpha 2 window i already know everything is going to be amazing to me so all i care about is start window

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2

according to this is gonna be persistant so kept up all day and night till release so if thats still accurate then the window is till release but we dunno when it starts yet :(
  • 1- Character creation
    2- A caravan in effect, even if just for a short distance between nodes
    3- Duels showing new talents on the spell bar
    4- Someone becoming corrupted and the bounty system being activated
    5- Alpha 2 timeframe... even something vague like this summer... or end of year around the holidays...