Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafting system idea

Interpid recently have shown thier character creator and steven said back then that this tech will be used also in animal husbandary, so i have a suggestion;
Why not go a step further with that and create a crafting system where u design a weapon that u wanna craft, you are not only impacting the stats, you are creating weapons that will fit ur style at most! Interpid shown that they are capable of doing stuff like that.. so why not?

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Depends on whether weapon recipes have racial styles, etc.
  • Options
    SnekkersSnekkers Member
    edited April 2022
    "Depends on whether weapon recipes have racial styles, etc."

You can alway make that u can craft only in ur racial stuff.. but racial thing is for interpid to solve cuz they have plans how to include races to everything
  • Options
    ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Definitely an interesting idea! We have to wait for Intrepid to finish their combat to know really how this would work though.
  • Options
    bludfludbludflud Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited April 2022
    Snekkers wrote: »
    Interpid recently have shown thier character creator and steven said back then that this tech will be used also in animal husbandary, so i have a suggestion;
    Why not go a step further with that and create a crafting system where u design a weapon that u wanna craft, you are not only impacting the stats, you are creating weapons that will fit ur style at most! Interpid shown that they are capable of doing stuff like that.. so why not?

Still very early yet.
  • Options
    bludflud wrote: »

Still very early yet.

yep, but its never to early to give ideas
  • Options

Still very early yet.

yep, but its never to early to give ideas

This! We know that Intrepid have Vaknar and co on the loose checking out discussions and encouraging further discussion so lets not discourage this.

I wonder as gear will be objects and not characters whether customisation will look different. I like the idea of items being able to start off as a base item i.e. iron sword, but you can build up your ability with certain racial style arms - that sounds really cool to me. How customisable is right? Not sure - I know i'd expect less than characters. But maybe as you get more experienced, recipes become available, or attainable for more of these adjustments.

But in general, cosmetic tweaks to items sounds really cool to me.
  • Options
    cusomization in crafting can be jsut a visual thing.. so gear that dropped form bosses have defined look but if u craft u can give it ur own look to much a specific style, imo its a cool idea and i'd love to see it in game
  • Options
    bludfludbludflud Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    cusomization in crafting can be jsut a visual thing.. so gear that dropped form bosses have defined look but if u craft u can give it ur own look to much a specific style, imo its a cool idea and i'd love to see it in game

WoW what a wonderful idea!. But it will take a lot for the devs do?
  • Options

WoW what a wonderful idea!. But it will take a lot for the devs do?

As a game dev i can say.. it should be fairly easy to make, much easier than current character creator that they showed on stream
  • Options
    EireannEireann Member
    edited April 2022
    Ya.

Think this is a great idea.

Ie give crafted item quality lvls

Quality 100 item of the same grade (ie legendary) will cost more mats & higher crafting level to craft than quality 50 items, quality 100 items can provide higher stat allocation after crafting is successful, and may have a chance to fail/proc to have broken/extra enhancement slots.

Stat allocation are determined by the crafter or at buyer' request.
  • Options
    I would love this
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited May 2022
    I proposed an idea on how something similar to this could be done a long time ago if you're interested:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/46589/gathering-from-corpses-and-crafting-decorations
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Very neat and interesting idea. I could imagine so many different ways this would work. Sounds like a monumental task for a design team to figure out. Would love to see it in Ashes one day!

What other features would you like to see in Ashes, perhaps after the game launches?
    community_management.gif