Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gear Rarities!

2»

Comments

• Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Interesting! So the idea is a new gear tier that feels more special than epic, but less special than legendary?

I wonder, if gear is of the quality it is meant to be (common truly being common, uncommon truly being uncommon, rare truly being rare, etc) if epic gear would give the same feeling as the new tier you'd have introduced! Certainly food for thought ( ᵔ︠ ͜ʖ ︡ᵔ)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    Common - No Special stats just base grey dps
    Uncommon - Slightly higher dps
    Rare - Higher DPS or about the same but with 1 or 2 special stat/skill boosts
    Epic - Even Higher DPS with 2-3 special stat/skill boosts
    Legendary - The HIGHEST of HIGH DPS, 3-5 special stat/skill boosts and of course a special legendary power/ability assigned to the Legendary whether crowd control, a buff, a heal, or something to dps. However i would have to expect a legendaries ability to be more useful in large groups whether sieges or raids since i suppose whoever has one is a Big Target of those envious of this one mans rod.. or what have you. However, i'm sure there will be that one megalomaniac that just needs a full set of legendaries, so.. that would be interesting.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes. I was also thinking that Epic is supposed to be that Tier that is below Legendary.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    I agree whole heartedly with the Ashes approach to Legendary equipment. Keep in mind too, each Node will have their own bosses and quests, and these will change over time. This presumably includes different legendaries that each node may have access to, and that may change.

Every stage a node develops it's unlocking narratives, storylines, it's changing the spawn population of the area around it, changing what bosses exist, it's triggering events where you may have legendary dragons attack the city. It's basically writing the story of the server based on the actions and determination of the players. So, you may experience a dungeon one month earlier and have a completely different story that relates to this location the next month, because something has changed either geopolitically or from the node standpoint.[49] – Steven Sharif

If we break everything down, let's say our server is full and assume the upper end of their estimated server cap at 10,000 players.

Let's then assume that there are 5 Legendaries obtainable in each node through Narrative quests at varying Node stages.

There will be 103 Nodes on launch.

There will be 103 Node locations at launch, each with its own impact on the narrative and development of the world.[7] – Margaret Krohn

So let's do a little bit of math assuming 5 legendaries per Node and round down to 100 nodes for the sake of this example to make things easier on ourselves without damaging the point.

10,000 players divided evenly into 100 nodes would give us an average of 100 players per node. I recognize that player density is most certainly not going to be this even, but let's assume it is for the sake of best case scenario here.

This means for every Node and thus 100 players, there could be 5 Legendaries. In other words, 5% of players will have a single legendary item.

This amount will be significantly lower though as a result of the fact that not all of the legendaries one may be able to acquire from a Node may be available to acquire.

An example of this could be that at a City stage, you may only have access to 2 of the 5 quests that reward with legendaries. And at a Village stage none of the Legendary quest lines are available.

All of this estimation assumes 5 legendaries per Node may be available. With that said and the way I understand things will work, I don't believe legendary items will be common, even after years or a decade of playing.

Of course I could be wrong, or have miscalculated or misunderstood. But that's the way I see it as of right now.

" At this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing.[9] – Steven Sharif"

If we're talking 10k concurrent players then we have to take into account the people not logged on at the time, meaning that the percentage will most likely be lower than those 5%.
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited April 2022
    I think One of a Kind world items should have a chance to drop on death. Presumably it makes you stronger than those without a World Item, and so defeating someone with a World Item should come with the possibility to "steal" it. It also makes you a target. And if you quit the game for a period of time, it returns to it's origin to be collected by others. World Items are intended to be used, not horded, and would change hands periodically. Maybe it has a timer, say 30 days, at which time it respawns and you have to find it again, giving others a chance to obtain it for the next 30 days. Maybe world items resets become a huge thing and spark a massive rush for everyone to hunt for it.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    I like "ancient".
  • Options
    Ancient is exceedingly odd because we will be Crafting new weapons. And the resources we use to craft them with frequently won't be ancient.
  • Options
    SpuriusSpurius Member
    edited April 2022
    Maybe "you can craft an ancient armor" means that you can craft something just as good as what was used back in the day, before the Great DIsaster. That you matched the masters of the old days.
  • Options
    I don't think there's any way for us to know that.
    It could be some crazy Sanctus slang, I suppose.