Not enough map space for 1 freehold per account.

13»

Comments

• OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    lol this thread got awesome. I'm very interested in Steven's design intentions with the freehold system too. And I'm open to it being where everyone on a server can have a freehold. Also open to it being a more scarce and player contested system where not everyone can. Just want to hear the reasoning and logic behind whichever they choose.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    SongRune wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    Sheeta wrote: »
    not only I, but 3 other people in this post have come to the same conclusion.
    They came to the same conclusion using the same basic flawed assumptions.

If I were to make all of the assumptions you made, I would come to that same conclusion. However, I would also be disappointed with myself for making those assumptions.

That whole discussion aside, can you show me where I went wrong? It would help me at least to understand the context of this discussion if you could show me where specifically we disagree.
    A number of assumptions. The first is that the 480sqkm.

This number was arrived at by players, Steven just kind of agreed with it. It isnt a hard and fast number that Intrepid are aiming for.

Then there is the size of a freehold. They are about half an acre, not half an acre. This was essentially a guess on Steven's part.

Another thing we dont know is how close together they can be placed. We know they cant be places right next to each other, but have no idea how far this limit extends.

So really, we literally dont *know* anything.
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    SongRune wrote: »
    Sheeta wrote: »
    not only I, but 3 other people in this post have come to the same conclusion.
    They came to the same conclusion using the same basic flawed assumptions.

If I were to make all of the assumptions you made, I would come to that same conclusion. However, I would also be disappointed with myself for making those assumptions.

That whole discussion aside, can you show me where I went wrong? It would help me at least to understand the context of this discussion if you could show me where specifically we disagree.
    A number of assumptions. The first is that the 480sqkm.

This number was arrived at by players, Steven just kind of agreed with it. It isnt a hard and fast number that Intrepid are aiming for.

Then there is the size of a freehold. They are about half an acre, not half an acre. This was essentially a guess on Steven's part.

Another thing we dont know is how close together they can be placed. We know they cant be places right next to each other, but have no idea how far this limit extends.

So really, we literally dont *know* anything.

Thanks! Even if we cut the size of a freehold in half, that's still a bit much, but I didn't realize the map size was more of a guess than a statement. The Q&A question may be almost the only way forward.