Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is your MMO PvE experience like?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    NishUKNishUK Member
    edited June 2022
    Noaani wrote: »

This has, as far as I can tell, prevented them from being able to do a graphics update to the game, so it is very much stick with high end mid 2000's graphics. But the graphics were indeed good for the mid 2000's.

Ok, well you failing to critique any fundamental part of EQ2 still doesn't surprise me...

"high end 2000's graphics" I'm not going to entertain this, all I'm going to say is graphics are more than just asset and object quality, it has to gel for a complete picture, that's immersive and theme quality. Ok I will entertain it somewhat, EQ2's land, rocks, tree's etc looks like if there was a camera forcing Ultima Online 3d.

Legend of Mir II's graphics, a game released much in the past of EQ2 (millions+ players btw, it was easy for many games back in the late 90's/2000's to get a big player base btw without much competition!), were more impressive on the graphic spectrum, unless of course you're just purely technical driven, which I'm sure you'll side with to defend "your precious".
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2022
    NishUK wrote: »
    Ok, well you failing to critique any fundamental part of EQ2 still doesn't surprise me...

I mean, I did just criticize the games original decision making and how badly they misjudged technological advancement, which then had them essentially bound to not being able to update their graphics at all.

I also commented on the lack of documentation on anything. The game literally created their own NPC script language, but then didnt document it anywhere.

I also said the game is not really worth starting to play now.

But sure, I'm failing to critique the game at all.

Simple fact is, contemporary reviews of EQ2 all said the game looks great. You can have your own opinion on it now, that's fine. Fact is, people that actually you know, logged in to the game back then, on hardware available back then and compared it to others - and did that for a living back then - rated it highly. While I am not all that keen on MMO specific review sites (they are almost always paid), sites that avoid that trap rated it well.

But we could always just take your opinion years after the fact, looking at pictures rather than the game itself.

Sure, the game looks old now. Fairly sure I said that above. However, at release, it was easily one of the best looking MMO on the market.