Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Green, Purple and Red, how does AoC's world react around them? Fable style perhaps?

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
Will being a non-combatant, combatant or corrupt have more relevance when traveling through the world of AoC or will it just be a state without some peculiarities?

For example:
If I am corrupted some animals or fauna could react differently against me or some special plants could only be found because I have the blood of my enemies on my sword , or some NPCS would treat me in a hostile manner.

If I am a non-combatant some zones could benefit me, some animals/plants could give me better attributes or some NPCS could deal better with me.

Would being good or evil in the FABLE style work in AoC?

l7P1tPH.png
EDym4eg.png

Comments

• SinderSinder Member
    Corruption is not a good thing. It's a deterrent to griefing.
    wbauorbolxt1.png
  • MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited June 2022
    Hailee wrote: »
    Corruption is not a good thing. It's a deterrent to griefing.

Of course, I totally understand that, but if someone were to get to that point, wouldn't it be interesting to have other penalties as well?
    I don't mean to encourage griefing, but to give a value to that corrupted state where some things in the world also react around it would be interesting.

Many things in the world could react in a negative way and very few things in a positive way, as well as for the non-combatants many things could react in a positive way and very few in a negative way.

EDym4eg.png
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Waste of development and money. It's a videogame not an alternative to life. Such unnecessary details are not adding value and are not needed.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    An RPG is intended to replicate real life - it's intentionally a virtual world.
    Which is why Ashes includes mobs reacting to seasons.
    How close to real life an MMORPG gets is mostly a matter of tech, development time and budget.

NPCs will react differently to Corrupted than they do to Combatants and Non-Combatants.
    Corrupted players are treated like monsters by NPCs.
    Mobs won't notice the difference between Corrupted players and Non-Corrupted players.