Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Regarding Animal Husbandry.....one weird question:

13»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    My "guess" is that they have decided and neutering is not the path they're taking.
    They are limiting breeding via caps which are designated by animal type, animal type, quality and for what purposes it's being used.
    Because players neutering their animals would fall under the umbrella of limits on breeding.

But... it doesn't hurt anything to continue to hope for what you want.
  • Options
    TulimaTulima Member
    Schmuky wrote: »
    I don't think that limit is enough.

To be clear, a limit is fine, otherwise, the taming profession wont have longevity.

But let me give an example.

I have a fantastic pair, and they could make....let's say 5 offsprings. The offsprings are the ones i want to sell. Now, i need to breed the offsprings 5 times each before i sell them, which is 25 animals i dont actually want and have nothing to do with.
    We already know there will be a limit to how many animals you will be able to have at any one point in the stables.So the fact that I have to fill my stables with 25 random animals is gonna suck.

So, have a limit, for sure. But also have a way to neuter animals so we dont have to create dozens of unwanted animals.

I still am in favour of the Potion of Infertility, as it isn't free to do, it removes any questions about the biology of neutering and it ties the Alchemy and Animal Husbandry professions together in quite an elegant way

The solution would be to sell the offspring for a higher price. If 1 animal can make 5 babies then you would sell it for 5 times higher price.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Schmuky wrote: »
    The offsprings are the ones i want to sell.

This right here is your issue. You are attempting to play it how you want, rather than how the game wants you to play.

If you have a breeding pair, you breed them until exhausted, and then sell them. Then you pick from the offspring for any that you want to continue to breed, find them a mate, breed them until exhausted and sell them. Then you pick from their offspring again, and the cycle continues.
  • Options
    I get how it could be done, however, i fail to see how neutering might make the profession worse. That's the discussion in the end, how would Animal Husbandry be better, with or without it.

That being said, i kinda feel we exhausted this topic for now. I have anyway, put all my thoughts into this post.
    I'll drop it until we get more info on the profession.
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone always talks about Animal Husbandry.

No one ever mentions Animal Wivery.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    ^ that made me laugh. 🤣
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png