Copying new world is going to ruin this game

2»

Comments

• s9Hkrr4.png

That's fab :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • DaggialDaggial Member
    edited August 2022
    Wait Ashes is copying New World?
    I though it was the other way around xD
    Monkey Business (EU) is RECRUITING
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mean...keep in mind that Ashes does have weapon skins.
  • ashes isnt copying nw, its copying l2 xd
  • KMDDiOl.gif
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • BaltanBaltan Member
    edited August 2022
    So I used to love WOW, dungeons, raids, you name it. Then I grew up (crazy right?) I now have 5 children and a job I often work doubles at. I am now the definition of a casual player. I get to play games or watch TV for around 2 hours a day if I'm lucky (1 hour before kids wake up, 1 hour after they pass out at night) I have Sundays off though and get more time on those days.

I'm still looking forward to this because I know my limitations and accept it, my time playing this game will likely involve fishing, exploring and crafting. I think ashes is more than capable of being "casual friendly" people just need to know their limits and accept them.

I'm eagerly awaiting alpha 2♥️ even though I'll have to play in small doses
  • PherPhurPherPhur Member
    edited August 2022
    Torkham wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I hate when people think games are coping new world, when new world just copied other games x.x

Regardless of who developed it first, it's a terrible feature and new world proved it.

Like other people have said, the local banking system in new world wasn't tied to other features of the game and served no other purpose than to seemingly make the game more tedious.

AoC has it in there for a reason. It's not to make the game aweful for casual players, it's to extend the life of the game.

AoC should have by far the best endgame and longevity of any MMO on the market, and it's systems like this that allow that to even be possible. Like someone had said once, the PvE and PvP in AoC are like 2 hands, one for construction and one for deconstruction of the world.

Certain mechanisms are but mere catalyst to spark animosity between guilds to kick off destruction of the world. As it's also been said, for the most part there won't be too much griefing and gankfesting because the game is designed to deter this type of thing, but it's also very much setup to test peoples willingness to work together in the face of scarcity and possibly degenerates within guilds looking to cause some chaos.

Which on some servers it might not happen, there might not be really much, if any node level destruction, but a day will come when everyone is maxed out, played the game to essentially completion as far as PvE goes, and they will want to push the game to it's limits. At that time they will start a war just for fun, there is no doubt in my mind.

And there you have it, the entire cities progression, gone, freeholds gone. And new players will come and want to build it up again, this time maybe in a different way. AoCs longevity as an MMO will be groundbreaking. Most people don't want to farm low drop rate items in a game with a 0.01% chance to drop every week in a dead game, its mindless soul crushing gambling for something that's going to provide you an atom of dopamine for like half a microsecond.

They want substance, they want to have fun, they want to stick around in a populated world with stuff going on, interactions with different players, new scenarios, playing with the stuff they've worked hard for over years. This game is honestly a natural evolution of the genre. Is it perfect? shit idk, it's not even out lol, but probably not. But it is going to be a MAJOR improvement and a natural step forward.

5lntw0unofqp.gif