Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

There should be sub tokens in AoC

13»

Comments

• Options
    PherPhurPherPhur Member
    edited August 2022
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    Let's solve the RMT/gold farming/botting issue by adding P2W to the game. That worked great for the games that did it, am I right?

ejl0ho4zgr1v.png

However, since you believe RMT/buying gold is the same as P2W:
    I don't think people understand how much gold farming is going to destroy this game...

Buying all the dragon eggs, being completely decked out in legendaries, them and their band of P2W buddies

You're probably not a troll, just not very intelligent.

On a more serious note, not that this thread even deserves it, RMT or gold farming (and botting, which usually come together) needs to be handled by effective and severe punishments. If that is true, then even though it will be a never ending battle against people who break the rules, at least the people who cheat by buying/selling gold and/or botting will have to keep changing IPs, HWIDs, paying for subscriptions, etc every time they get banned.

Last but not least, P2W is when the developer sells power. If someone break the rules by buying power, that's not P2W, it's RMT and, ultimately, cheating in Ashes case.

Now, time to ostracize this topic and let it die. Thankfully Intrepid will never even consider these stupid ideas 🙏

Tell me you didn't at least even skim over the thread without telling me you didn't even at least skim over the thread. You know a sign of someone who's "not very intelligent"? Someone who jumps in on a topic they clearly know very little about, don't listen to anything anyone has been saying immediately on the topic, and then continues to call other people "not very intelligent".

Also pay to win is pay to win, lets not beat around the bush. The amount of people that will be caught and dealt with will be but a fraction of the whole, we don't need your opinion on it, we have examples from companies who do a great job to try and prevent these things.

Anyways, I'm tired of repeating myself. Read the fucking thread.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I've dabbled in botting enough to know.

They're not going to give you their anti-botting tactics for you to try and work around, no matter how many of these threads you make, and no matter how many other threads you try to derail with it. So please stop.

Friggin Alan Turning over here's cracked the code! You got me, guilty as charged.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    Sengarden wrote: »
    Rather than suggesting Intrepid should get involved in peddling P2W in their explicitly non-P2W game, I think the preferable solution to handle gold buying is clearly to introduce a pillory system where characters found guilty of purchasing gold or gold farming are sentenced to a day in the pillory before being banned, where the local player base can throw rotten produce at their avatar. Yes...

Here here! Time to invest in some tomatoes
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    Halae wrote: »
    ogre wrote: »
    Being able to buy tokens and sell them for gold is absolutely pants on head silly :#. The game is effectively pay to win at that point, like retail WoW, GW2, RuneScape, etc…pls no…
    Point of order, GW2 is neither pay to win nor reliant on a token system. It's definitely got kinda crappy monetization, but it doesn't sell victory as part of the cash shop.

Pay to win usually refers to the ability to buy any in game object/skill/boost/mechanic change that gives someone any amount of progression. Basically being able to buy anything inside the game.

Cosmetic skins are considered on the scale of pay to win, but the most of the community tolerates it for the most part.

I would correct that definition to change "any amount of progression" with "any advantage of no users not engaging in the purchase of said elements". And it is very clearly meant to be something purchased outside the game. So buying a strong weapon in-game isn't P2W. Buying a strong weapon outside of the game or with funds earned outside of the game, then it's pay to win.

Thus, Cosmetics aren't P2W as they offer no advantage over others, no matter how many people whine that their mummer's troupe playing dress-up will overlook them for not looking the best.

Your proposed tokens are specifically P2W
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Read the fucking thread.
    Maybe if you didn't make such a stupid thread they would have read it.