Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodeless Playthrough ( Playing as an Adventurer / Outlaw / Merchant )

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I think you mean non-Citizens?
    You cannot have any form of housing without being a citizen; not even a tent.

Should allow tents but there shouldn't be any pvp penalty for ransacking someone else's tent. Also, wild beasts should also be allowed to ransack tents if there was food for them in it and add a decay timer.
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2022
    mobtek wrote: »
    @BaSkA13 I hope that when players do something like this, I wonder if there will be the possibility for travelling merchants to set up temporary stalls near that content so you can service the adventurers repair/mats/potion/food needs for the expedition. That way you can have support merchants supporting the expedition.
    Now I know you can't just camp anywhere but what if you could purchase a timed stall permit from the node in question (even at the expedition stage) that allows you place a stall within that ZOI anywhere (with restrictions on not too close to dungeons etc).

Unfortunately I believe you'll only be able to put down a Stall inside Nodes, because iirc you'll be invulnerable in your stall, so if they allow stalls anywhere, it'd be abused like crazy. But it'd be interesting indeed if you could set them up in front of a dungeon entrance, without becoming invulnerable.
    Or perhaps a travelling merchant caravan with NPC merchants? (can't remember if those are a thing, I remember the travelling booze caravan hehe)

Not a thing, AFAIK.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    ...and the fast travel/teleport for a scientific node only applies to citizens and vassals of the scientific node.

ZOI will be up to 20% of the map, I think. Depending on which nodes grow, a metro may have a smaller ZOI. For example, a node near a map corner may grow to lvl 5 and two nodes which kind of hem the first in could also grow to lvl 5, right?

I suspect that there will no server with 5 Scientific Metropolis within in first two years after release. My $10 against your $5. Who wants that bet?

we haven't seen the technology working, buy apparently the ZOI is dynamically calculated to avoid Nodes having a smaller ZOI than they should have.
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited August 2022
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    @BaSkA13 I hope that when players do something like this, I wonder if there will be the possibility for travelling merchants to set up temporary stalls near that content so you can service the adventurers repair/mats/potion/food needs for the expedition. That way you can have support merchants supporting the expedition.
    Now I know you can't just camp anywhere but what if you could purchase a timed stall permit from the node in question (even at the expedition stage) that allows you place a stall within that ZOI anywhere (with restrictions on not too close to dungeons etc).

Unfortunately I believe you'll only be able to put down a Stall inside Nodes, because iirc you'll be invulnerable in your stall, so if they allow stalls anywhere, it'd be abused like crazy. But it'd be interesting indeed if you could set them up in front of a dungeon entrance, without becoming invulnerable.
    Or perhaps a travelling merchant caravan with NPC merchants? (can't remember if those are a thing, I remember the travelling booze caravan hehe)

Not a thing, AFAIK.

@mobtek
    as @BaSkA13 said, Node Stalls are exclusively available within the node near the marketplace (non economic nodes) or the economic node's market/exchange/galleria/emporium

There is however player shops that you can open up though the purchase of a "placement certificate". Those essentially work like in Lineage 2 where you player becomes the player shop itself.
    Showcase: https://youtu.be/FCztOU5NeFs?t=105
    Certificates from non-metropolis nodes, allow placement near the node's unique building or on a freehold.[19][20][21]
    Certificates from economic node metropolises allow placement anywhere in the world.[19][21]

So if the travelling merchant is the citizen of an economic metropolis, then he is able to create a stall player shop near the entrance of the dungeon.

According to a live stream in 2022 he will not be safe from being attacked when he does that outside of the city perimeter though.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Warth "we haven't seen the technology working, buy apparently the ZOI is dynamically calculated to avoid Nodes having a smaller ZOI than they should have."

I don't recall that, could you link it for me, please? Thanks.
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited August 2022
    @tautau
    its the world manager algorithm they have talked about a long time ago:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/World_manager
    World manager
    The World manager is an algorithm in Ashes of Creation that controls dynamic world elements. It acts as both a throttle and an incentive system for various activities to ensure certain parameters are within acceptable thresholds.[26]

Prices of hunting certificates.[27]
    A heatmap of experience being gained to apply to node advancement.[27]
    The territory expansion algorithm takes into account the nearest coast, neighboring nodes, and the heatmap of players in surrounding areas over the last weeks or month.[28]
    Due to the way the progression algorithm calculates territorial (ZOI) expansion during node advancement, there is a small possibility that two nodes of the same stage end up being close to each other.[29]

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    Dygz wrote: »
    I think you mean non-Citizens?
    You cannot have any form of housing without being a citizen; not even a tent.

Should allow tents but there shouldn't be any pvp penalty for ransacking someone else's tent. Also, wild beasts should also be allowed to ransack tents if there was food for them in it and add a decay timer.
    What?
    What's the point of a tent with storage that anything can loot?
    And why would the devs want real estate littered with individual player tents - which would likely also impede plots available for Freeholds?
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    I do not think that nodeless players need any bonuses and rewards at all personally.
    Why would they?
    Do guildless people get perks? No.
    Do religionless people get alternative perks? No.
    Do familyless people get alternative perks? Probably no.

I mean, you already have perks for being nodeless:
    1. No risk to lose the investment you have put into a node
    2. Limited usage of Node Services despite you not having contributed to the construction and maintance projects of the node.

P.S. @SirMaddin
    as a travelling merchant, you do indeed want to be the citizen of a node. Preferably the citizen of an economic metropolis, as that's the one that allows you the purchase of Player-Shop Certificates. (allow you to globally set up a player-shop)

It would royally suck to move your goods from Node A to Node C and not have a way to sell them efficiently afterwards, since you can't buy a player-stall nor do you have a freehold in the city

Quote on that:
    https://discord.com/channels/256164085366915072/256164085366915072/721883912825208953

Outlaw aren't facilitates by being Nodeless. As the corruption system applies whether you are a citizen or not. Corruption makes you essentially Nodeless for the time you are corrupted, as entering a node would be suicide.

I understand what you're saying here but my biggest complaint would be on a map this large and no global fast travel you would end up playing the majority of the game in one corner of the world and never get to see all it has to offer... Which kinda sucks.

Why is that @SirChancelot
    You can be the citizen of a node and still travel around. Its not like the node puts a leash on your neck that pulls you back whenever you move more than 15km away.

You won't profit a whole lot from the Node, as you elect to play in the opposite corner of the map, but that's your prerogative. I mean, the only way node citizenship would affect you negatively in this case would be if you were trying to travel to a node that is at war with yours.

I get that this is an opinion thing, and I'm not saying I have a solution either.

But I feel like if I have all my stuff in one place, my house in one place, my guild plays here, if I want my node to grow I should do activities here to feed it XP, if my node is attacked I should be here to defend it... It seems like a lot of things that discourage you traveling further than what you can reach in an evening.

@BaSkA13 that is a really good point for the people who want to make money, or are big into crafting. But if I hear about a dungeon that sounds cool on the opposite side of the map do I just go there and try to bum off local groups, or should I try to get a whole party to coordinate this cross map trek?

But I'm just speculating here, I don't actually know how long it would take for me to travel around the world in ashes. They have mentioned limited flight paths or fast travel, so maybe I'm just worrying too much.

It's a balance. Node Growth, or I should more say the development, is about more than XP and Quests. There are Resources required to build up things inside the Town, for instance.

Some of that might not be in your area. For instance, if you are in a desert, there might be things you need to build up stuff that are in short supply where you are. You need people loyal to your node to venture out and get them, or likewise to have people from those areas willing to come to you. And if they are coming to you, it would logically follow you have people going out to them taking them things you have in excess that they need.

There will be those that 'stay home' and those that venture out. Both are needed, really.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There won't be tents...at least not tents you can place anywhere. The whole point of the nodes and housing linked to nodes was to protect the wilderness/AI Pathing etc.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    There won't be tents...at least not tents you can place anywhere. The whole point of the nodes and housing linked to nodes was to protect the wilderness/AI Pathing etc.

so how will freeholds(their big) work -> like AA with a designated area or just random?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think there will be silhouettes...the silhouettes become active territory as each node progresses. As each silhouette becomes active, the previous land levels up. So, the first huts would eventually become mansions in a Metro node. Not all nodes will reach metro level though. Yet, i believe all nodes will have the silhouette for potential metro status. I can't remember the dev streams which went into more detail.

We still wait for Nodes 3 I believe.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    AHh okay thanks for looking that up, my search-fu wasn't finding anything :)
    Certificates from economic node metropolises allow placement anywhere in the world.[19][21]

So if the travelling merchant is the citizen of an economic metropolis, then he is able to create a stall player shop near the entrance of the dungeon.

According to a live stream in 2022 he will not be safe from being attacked when he does that outside of the city perimeter though.