release AoC on steam... please

2»

Comments

• GandalfthegrapeGandalfthegrape Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't care if it's not on steam but it needs to show my hours played, and the system of setting up an account and buying can't be like im buying a 12 cd install pack from 2002 like ff14. I need to go the the website and there needs to literally be only 2 buttons ,"download the game", "continue to website". I click on download the game and then accept it starts downloading the game then opens a window to make an account. I make the account and it shows me the loading bar and a picture. It then remembers that that i just made an account auto fills my information and logs me in. I watch the intro cinematic the first time then never again unless I press the button on the side of the menu that lets me watch the cinematics. Im now in character creator. I make my character go back to the character select menu and press enter world. That's the joining process any more step than that just stop. Go back to the drawing board and burn it down. The process between hearing about the game and actually being in the world needs to have as close to 0 steps as physically possible it needs to be intuitive, organized, clear, not full of distractions, not full of what are essentially ads for the game i just bought.
  • CROW3 wrote: »
    MrDreamers wrote: »
    when does this game come out?

Definitely before 2030.

Definitely?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Hey guys, Im new to the forums but ive been following development for a bit now. Gotta say, from someone who loves New World, this game may be the only other mmo I can enjoy and sink time into these days.
    I know the whole "we dont play to release on steam" statement. Im not confused. But im here to say that It SHOULD be available on that platform as well. A lot of people (including me) would commit to getting the game if we knew it was coming on steam but as amazing as this game is, im on the fence.
    Please, I dont need to hear all the "whats the difference" arguements lol... Its prett obvious why one might want all their games to be available through one platform.
    I seriously hope this goes into consideration, especially since this game has a while to go before release. Thanks.

Honestly I only use steam when I have to, otherwise it's kind of annoying. I'm totally ok with intrepid making their own launcher.
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »
    MrDreamers wrote: »
    when does this game come out?

Definitely before 2030.

Definitely?

All signs point to ‘Yes’

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Steam is great for all newcomer games that have small budgets or going into early access itsmore for commercial purpose. but the mmo-rpg genres has a small population within games and even smaller ones if it comes to subscription games. steam doesnt have many subrcition titles.

but you may need a diffrent prospective shure some mmo-rpgs are on steam but most been later added to them years after their release but the best known title WOW is also not on steam. ¨

Ashes is created by peoples loving and playing mmo-rpgs to play with others that share their love for mmo-rpgs and not created by a company that loves to make money cause they love to have money.
  • I don't care if it's not on steam but it needs to show my hours played

Wouldn't a /played command be enough? Or maybe we can ask them to make that info optionally available on character selection? Total time played + time played on each character.

Steam time is often inflated. When Lost Ark released, about half of my time was just spent waiting in a queue and not actually playing.

• Hatham wrote: »
    While steam is great for people, i don't think they need to launch on steam -> maybe if things go well like gw2 have a steam launch later down the line but for the initial launch they can avoid some of the troubles that steam brings to deploying your game. (i am not going to list them)

Most of the big and medium streamers (also include all the websites) that play mmorpgs or react/follow news are looking forward to aoc and will try it. So they don't really need to worry about the community not being aware of it.

- i'd be here all day if i listed all the utube/twitch streamers and cc's

Lets be real, GW2 launching on steam wasn't because things were going well.

That's a last ditch effort to milk dry a very old and outdated MMO.

Don't get me wrong, I think GW2 is cool, minus the p2w of course. And I know "but they needed the revenue because not enough people play to warrant a sub fee". And all I have to say to that is: die with some fucking dignity.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    I always thought if we'd be on any platform it would be Epic.com, seeing as we use unreal engine...

Sure, as long as epic uses them fortnite bucks to give us some free game time.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif