Underwater content

2»

Comments

• Ryozo wrote: »
    Yep. Not everything has to be there at launch.

Navel content sure as hell does, it's been talked about from the beginning and is a big part of this game, being as it's virtually ArcheAges successor.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Naval Content =/= Underwater Content @ChipsAhoy007

• PherPhurPherPhur Member
    edited August 2022
    Warth wrote: »
    Naval Content =/= Underwater Content @ChipsAhoy007

Not entirely, but some of the naval content has been said to be underwater content.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • As great as it would be to have fully-fleshed-out naval content, yours truly had a thread from awhile back that asked the *1* thing you'd see excluded or saved for an expansion if it meant not delaying the launch - and folks seem to largely agree on the naval content being that element.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/51283/if-it-came-down-to-it-the-1-thing-youd-choose-to-cut-from-development-for-times-sake#latest

We will - no doubt - have things like boats and fishing and water mounts at-launch - because we've already seen them multiple times. The dev team has made emphasis in the past (i.e. the as-yet-to-be Nodes 3 & 4 videos) that they don't want to show off content that won't be available/isn't finalized.

However - if it meant an extra 12+ months of development to flesh-out underwater caves/dungeons/world bosses/etc? It feels like all that could wait for the first expansion.

• @Tyranthraxus
    I feel like naval trade routes, basic piracy, potentially fishing needs to be there.
    • Naval Trade Routes because otherwise you wouldnt be able to transfer goods cross continent
    • Piracy to keep up the Risk - Reward Scenario of those Caravans
    • Fishing to Populate the seas.

Bosses, Treasure Diving, Underwater Caverns etc. Id be fine with a follow up release, but nothing of that should ever require 12 months. Not even close to it.
  • DizzDizz Member
    edited August 2022
    Dizz wrote: »
    If intrepid can't make underwater combat exactly good as combat on land I can accept less underwater contents.

Like GW2 and ArcheAge both have on underwater contents and underwater combat but both not good as on land, for exmple in GW2 skills base on ground target just have to be rework again and again to able to find a barely okay way to use it in underwater combat but still some is simple can't use it in underwater combat. But if you make skills specific for underwater will be too much learning price for players to jump into underwater contents, and how GW2 tweak how their ground target skills use differently underwater is already make learning price high enough.

And to me if underwater combat is not good don't even bother make something like contents like make players fight boss in underwater dungeon building with no water, it's lack rings of the link between surface and dungeon.

I personally dont believe that there should be dedicated, class based underwater combat at all, as underwater (as well as flying) combat is usually scuffed as hell.
    For every PvP related activity, the Ships you dive underwater from will suffice.
    For PvE type things, you might as well just give the player an harpoon with a couple of skills while diving.

I don't know if I can express myself enough, if contents involve water or ocean are just on ships and boats and combat in water or underwater combat is not good or less good than other games that tried to make combat in water or underwater combat good, it will be a big disappointment, no matter how good the ship battle is it just a vehicle battle and the link is weaker to players.

To a mmo the idea you said is not enough and it just barely acceptable because people usually don't expect content heavily connect with water and they can easily understand the contents on/in/under water are hard to create and be good, if that for PVP and PVE contents the minor tweaks you mentioned are enough to do on/in/under water combat and contents and if Intrepid really do those contents like you said with those minor tweaks only I can barely accept it but its will be boring as hell in my opinion or maybe I will just ignore it and focus on land contents.
    A casual follower from TW.
  • Dizz wrote: »
    Dizz wrote: »
    If intrepid can't make underwater combat exactly good as combat on land I can accept less underwater contents.

Like GW2 and ArcheAge both have on underwater contents and underwater combat but both not good as on land, for exmple in GW2 skills base on ground target just have to be rework again and again to able to find a barely okay way to use it in underwater combat but still some is simple can't use it in underwater combat. But if you make skills specific for underwater will be too much learning price for players to jump into underwater contents, and how GW2 tweak how their ground target skills use differently underwater is already make learning price high enough.

And to me if underwater combat is not good don't even bother make something like contents like make players fight boss in underwater dungeon building with no water, it's lack rings of the link between surface and dungeon.

I personally dont believe that there should be dedicated, class based underwater combat at all, as underwater (as well as flying) combat is usually scuffed as hell.
    For every PvP related activity, the Ships you dive underwater from will suffice.
    For PvE type things, you might as well just give the player an harpoon with a couple of skills while diving.

I don't know if I can express myself enough, if contents involve water or ocean are just on ships and boats and combat in water or underwater combat is not good or less good than other games that tried to make combat in water or underwater combat good, it will be a big disappointment, no matter how good the ship battle is it just a vehicle battle and the link is weaker to players.

To a mmo the idea you said is not enough and it just barely acceptable because people usually don't expect content heavily connect with water and they can easily understand the contents on/in/under water are hard to create and be good, if that for PVP and PVE contents the minor tweaks you mentioned are enough to do on/in/under water combat and contents and if Intrepid really do those contents like you said with those minor tweaks only I can barely accept it but its will be boring as hell in my opinion or maybe I will just ignore it and focus on land contents.

I'm really looking forward to torching someones sails and boarding their ship

5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Well... I thing it's rly important to do some content on sea like... When u will be traveling on ship (for example with the caravan) it would be rly boring if there will be nothing just flat... I thing underwater may be skipped or released later but sea content surely not
  • I would like underwater content but how would we breath?
    Magic and potions?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Doing underwater content like archage would be a great start. Fairly simple basic systems like raising sunken treasure etc... Here is a video that shows it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-prE32Y5oQ