Teleports to few locations

2»

Comments

• Asgerr wrote: »
    Sinedko wrote: »
    Asgerr wrote: »
    Well apparently it takes only 50 minutes on a mount to cross an entire continent. I'd say fast travel is entirely unnecessary, you'll be crossing nodes in 5 minutes each basically.

The world, though large, may end up feeling pretty small in the end. Teleportation will just make it feel even smaller.

I think anyway 50 minutes to cross whole map is enough, it may seems a little, but in game it feels different, i get bored after i walk only 5 minutes sooo, for me its ok, fast travel is still good, to different cities in another side of map, e.g. use case is you will create some race and your friend another race, you start in different nodes and wanna play together, then you want to fast travel not to walk 30 minutes till you two met.

Your attention deficit should not be a reason to shrink the world for everyone else though. I already don't like the idea of having that many cities or towns so close to each other too, if I can teleport to each one, then what's the point of even spacing them out?

I'm just expressing my opinion, im not telling it must be as i said or telling your opinion is bad, we all have different opinions, that why we are discussing it, for me its ok for you no, we will see, anyway there is lot of time till the game will be released, i think we will know what is good when we will have beta to test it out.
  • I’m not a fan of any fast travel beyond the massive investment of a scientific node. It makes the world bigger, and gives a proportionate, uncommon advantage to those nodes that choose to invest in it. This supports node growth. Flight paths just create population deserts that are so common in theme parks.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    I think the population deserts appear in static games with areas that are stuck at relatively low levels.
    The fix for that is a dynamic game where areas progress and change with the rise and fall of cities.
    Flight paths really have little to due with that issue.

Flight paths would probably make it easier to void unwanted PvP combat/ganking, though.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I Very much want NO FAST TRAVEL. The world will be much more interesting and realistic without it.

Avoiding zergs, requiring planning, enjoying the scenery, making caravans possible...tons of reasons to have NO fast travel. If it makes the twitchy, impatient people leave, perhaps that is a plus as well.
  • If you don't like fast travel you don't have to use it.
    😜
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Verra is a high magic settting - more "realistic" is not really a thing.
    I'm sure there are several valid reasons to not have fast travel, but realism is not one of them.

Should be fun to see how often "No fast travel!" is a motivator to destroy Scientific Nodes.
  • MaiWaifuMaiWaifu Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    Should be fun to see how often "No fast travel!" is a motivator to destroy Scientific Nodes.

Verra is flat! The mayor is a lizard! Deep state control all nodes! Teleporters cause plagues!

Death to the scientific nodes and their demon magic!