Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan system does not work well with crafting

13»

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I think we need to rethink weight playing a role in materials.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You're not Neuroguy - You're Necroguy lol ;)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I think we need to rethink weight playing a role in materials.

Not to brag, but I had a draft of a big post from last year addressing this (a bit indirectly) that I'm going to post soon.

Necroguy indeed lmao.
  • Options
    Yeah. There's backlash indeed but not much backlash. Youtube comments are mostly up for the current system shown. I try not to complain too much, just a tad.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2023
    Brag. At least you are using your brain.
    Most people cant link the dots.
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Yeah. There's backlash indeed but not much backlash. Youtube comments are mostly up for the current system shown. I try not to complain too much, just a tad.

I think the system they showed still has some rough edges. I commented on the feedback thread already [copy pasta below]:

"I am a little bit disappointed with the reduction of monster certificates into generic 'glint'. When the idea of monster certificates was originally introduced, it was a catch-all term to represent the valuable resources you got from looting monsters outside of gathering, like wolf teeth or other such items that would be useful/of value in a generic sense. Glint seems to just serve the same purpose as gold that takes up inventory space as far as I can tell. I am unclear on why you couldn't sell monster certificates like wolf teeth for gold and just buy commodities for gold... unless glint is not tradable between players, you can just 'buy' commodities indirectly anyways.

The idea of commodities is okay, the important part is them being 'unique' to the node or biome. However, it feels strange to be able to just carry all your glint elsewhere via mule/your person, and since glint is not unique to location, buy commodities at a different node to transport from there. This creates situations where you could try to go to less populated areas of the world to spend your glint and utilize caravans there for profit. This isn't necessarily bad, but takes away from game 'hubs' and makes caravan PvP harder to specifically pursue.

Lastly, beyond just the distance of the nodes and how many of that type of commodity has been sold in the last 7 days, the game should really really have a random or mayor/node driven way for certain commodities to be requested for bonus profit. This would create a gold rush sense, create demand for resources that may not have much demand normally, and create caravan PvP hotspots leading to more player friction."
  • Options
    neuroguy wrote: »

I think the system they showed still has some rough edges. I commented on the feedback thread already [copy pasta below]:

"I am a little bit disappointed with the reduction of monster certificates into generic 'glint'. When the idea of monster certificates was originally introduced, it was a catch-all term to represent the valuable resources you got from looting monsters outside of gathering, like wolf teeth or other such items that would be useful/of value in a generic sense. Glint seems to just serve the same purpose as gold that takes up inventory space as far as I can tell. I am unclear on why you couldn't sell monster certificates like wolf teeth for gold and just buy commodities for gold... unless glint is not tradable between players, you can just 'buy' commodities indirectly anyways.

The idea of commodities is okay, the important part is them being 'unique' to the node or biome. However, it feels strange to be able to just carry all your glint elsewhere via mule/your person, and since glint is not unique to location, buy commodities at a different node to transport from there. This creates situations where you could try to go to less populated areas of the world to spend your glint and utilize caravans there for profit. This isn't necessarily bad, but takes away from game 'hubs' and makes caravan PvP harder to specifically pursue.

Lastly, beyond just the distance of the nodes and how many of that type of commodity has been sold in the last 7 days, the game should really really have a random or mayor/node driven way for certain commodities to be requested for bonus profit. This would create a gold rush sense, create demand for resources that may not have much demand normally, and create caravan PvP hotspots leading to more player friction."

Yeah I think that post is cool. The monster certs would have taken bag space too and with tetris it would have been a nightmare. At least with Glint there are only 3 or 4 types of Glint so management in tetris should be a lot easier.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I think that post is cool. The monster certs would have taken bag space too and with tetris it would have been a nightmare. At least with Glint there are only 3 or 4 types of Glint so management in tetris should be a lot easier.

This is precisely the [only?] advantage of glint. Agree.
  • Options
    My guild are quite stoked about the update. I want to be able to get commodities and take them on a ship. I'm more for naval than land caravans. Still, I think Steven tried to stop RMT with the soul bound certificates and then the certificates were changed to Glint. A lovely Guild Wars 2 reference.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    neuroguy wrote: »

glint and monsters certificates are literally the same thing. yes, you could sell their teeth and claws, or you could sell their soul essence. its just a flavor thing...thats it.