Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If Intrepid created a book about AoC Ancient History , Lore or Ages of AoC, would you buy it?

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
I really would like to know more about AoC and I think that reading the Wiki ( Lex you do an excellent job ) or seeing one or another Content Creator telling AoC data is not enough, I would like to have something clearer, more convincing, more real and think a book could be a great tool for that.
It could also be a series of videos telling the history of AoC or audio books, things that make you know more about the events that happened before we arrived in its world.
Silmarillion video series example:
https://youtu.be/Pv-9G5qikzs?t=1
I think having something more real like a book or video series or audio book could help with connecting with potential new followers or strengthening ties with current followers.
EDym4eg.png

Comments

• Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Yes. Posters, frameable artwork, cloth maps, figurines, on and on etc. I'd buy all of it if I liked it. And the book too.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of companies have made the decision that selling physical collector items is not economical. Many have switched to digital items, which I have near 0 interest in.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Probably not before release. I have to see that the game works out as promised, that it ends up having a style that I enjoy (it's not guaranteed to end up being 'for me', after all, regardless of how I feel about it at this early stage). If it's on the level of certain other games I play, yeah, I'd consider it.
  • Options
    Okeydoke wrote: »
    Yes. Posters, frameable artwork, cloth maps, figurines, on and on etc. I'd buy all of it if I liked it. And the book too.

We got a "Collector" over here! :)
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Torc wrote: »
    We got a "Collector" over here! :)

Heh yep. I've been playing mmo's for 25 years and didn't collect as much as I could have, but some. And a few items I let suffer some wear and tear, or lost. Regrets. But this game will likely be historic, and reshape the genre in several ways. I'd be all over the collector stuff for it.
  • Options
    Okeydoke wrote: »

Unfortunately, I think a lot of companies have made the decision that selling physical collector items is not economical. Many have switched to digital items, which I have near 0 interest in.

a bit of a collector I guess haha
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yup I would love books based in Verra. They could be based on pre-apocalypse times. I have advocated for something like this before. Hire a good author to write the adventures of Fotrek and Gelix wandering around Verra.
  • Options
    Probably not.

If you have lore to convey to players, do it in-game. Don't turn this into WoW novels where you need to read that crap to make sense of what's going on lore wise.

A little video primer at the start of the game could be cool, but players will skip it anyway because otherwise: "oThEr pEoPlE wHo sKip hAvE aN aDvAnTage oN mE"
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I would. I am a collector type by nature. I would love a lore and/or art book with concept art.
  • Options
    I'd recommend creating a poll. And I personally wouldn't buy.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    I would buy, but I also agree with what @Asgerr mentioned.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    As someone who enjoys coffee table books on fantasy concept artists, film concepts, comics and anime it would obviously depend on the quality and content. If done well, however? Yeppers.
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited August 2022
    I would love a cloth map, and some artwork to spice up my gaming area and i would definitely read a book, although the game has to deliver its promises first.
  • Options
    ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd love to read a book about Verra. Reading the books for Guild Wars 2 really got me to love the lore and characters before I even started playing the game.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • Options
    No. In my opinion leave everything on the field. You want to be a PvX disrupter in a skeptical gaming market?

Focus on the f%^king game. 🧐
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    yeah i love me a good deep lore dive
  • Options
    Chime wrote: »
    I'd love to read a book about Verra. Reading the books for Guild Wars 2 really got me to love the lore and characters before I even started playing the game.

Would be cool to have some novels. But I think skilled writers prefer to create their own universe.
    Why would they chose the one being invented for this game?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    for sure i would also buy a lot of there other merch kind of sat here waiting for them to drop some so i can buy it haha
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited September 2022
    Post Launch? Maybe yes.
    Pre Launch? Why the fuck arent the writers working on the game instead. Stop trying to be Star Citizen.
  • Options
    PherPhurPherPhur Member
    edited September 2022
    I really would like to know more about AoC and I think that reading the Wiki ( Lex you do an excellent job ) or seeing one or another Content Creator telling AoC data is not enough, I would like to have something clearer, more convincing, more real and think a book could be a great tool for that.
    It could also be a series of videos telling the history of AoC or audio books, things that make you know more about the events that happened before we arrived in its world.
    Silmarillion video series example:
    https://youtu.be/Pv-9G5qikzs?t=1
    I think having something more real like a book or video series or audio book could help with connecting with potential new followers or strengthening ties with current followers.

Yes, I would buy a book. But only if it tells me the lore of those damn monster coins. Everytime I am reminded of them I think "why the fuck is that in AoC". Seems very unfitting, but I could see some nice lore making sense of it.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    PherPhurPherPhur Member
    edited September 2022
    CROW3 wrote: »
    No. In my opinion leave everything on the field. You want to be a PvX disrupter in a skeptical gaming market?

Focus on the f%^king game. 🧐

Hill from Narcs comment section would be sploogin in his knickers right now if he seen this thread.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Strevi wrote: »

Would be cool to have some novels. But I think skilled writers prefer to create their own universe.

Warhammer has had some excellent writers, and that wasn't their own universe. They've definitely had some bad writers too, no doubt, but I think in the end it comes down to the writer being enthusiastic about the universe, and of course more generalized writing skills.
  • Options
    Absolutely yes, I love lores in games and learning about it. Especially fantasy lores.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    Strevi wrote: »

Warhammer has had some excellent writers, and that wasn't their own universe. They've definitely had some bad writers too, no doubt, but I think in the end it comes down to the writer being enthusiastic about the universe, and of course more generalized writing skills.

I follow a good writer
    Next time we see him online we can try to bring him here.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    I would buy Lore books and such. I think it'd be cool.
    sJ4g8FI.png