Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ideas for Node Policies

Comments

• Options
    LeonerdoLeonerdo Member
    edited September 2022
    I prefer short-but-powerful buffs, rather than the permanent 5% bonuses that are entirely forgettable. For example:

Emergency response: Within the node's ZOI, once per hour, citizens can call in NPCs to help them fight for 30-60 seconds.
    (High-power, but brief window. Good against gankers, or if you aggroed more than you can handle in PvE. But it can be baited out and kited until the time runs out, so it's not fully guaranteed protection in PvP. Maybe limited to unflagged players only.)

Standard Issue Explosives: Every time you visit the node (maximum 1 per hour), you get an explosive that you can lay down as a trap. Does big damage in an AoE.

Blessing of the Everliving: Within the node's ZOI, once per day, when you would die, instead heal for 30% max HP and gain 50% movement speed for 10 seconds.

Edit: I feel like I should include an economy focused one too.
    Gold Rush: 5% chance when mining to proc an effect that lasts 5 minutes, which doubles all gatherables from mining and grants a speedboost after mining. (Maybe limited to once per hour, or lower the proc chance if it's already happened recently.)
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    1. No Corruption applied for killing non-citizen in the Zoi.

2. Corruption gain is tripled if you kill a citizen.

All policies we have seen so far benefitted the Citizens specifically. So it should be the same with the suggestions.

Maybe not zero corruption, but halved or something. If you're node is at war then there should be zero for killing greens in your zone.
  • Options
    Volgaris wrote: »
    Warth wrote: »
    1. No Corruption applied for killing non-citizen in the Zoi.

2. Corruption gain is tripled if you kill a citizen.

All policies we have seen so far benefitted the Citizens specifically. So it should be the same with the suggestions.

Maybe not zero corruption, but halved or something. If you're node is at war then there should be zero for killing greens in your zone.

@Volgaris see, i dont mind there being 0 corruption or significantly higher corruption since its a vote made by all its citizen. If 51% of players agree to it, then they should be able to alter it, with all its benefits and problems.
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Daring Defenders: +x% to Caravan Defender reputation inside the ZoI.

• Options
    - Citizenship is x% cheaper
    - Vendors buy and sell at x% better rates
    - Housing and plots of land are x% cheaper
    - Resources required for new settlement structures reduced by x%
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    whiners punishment: no penalty/corruption for killing whiney forum players... e.g. dygz and his many forum alts... aka "we need to be relevant somehow"

• Options
    Nice community. :)
    I want to see it when the game is released.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Tulnar's Scotopia: Tulnar's depth of view is increased by X% during the night or in dimly lit areas.

I'm not a fan of race specific policies. Thankfully I don't think this will happen.
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »

Hi Dygz!
  • Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited September 2022
    Abarat wrote: »

Hi Dygz!
    LMAO! So you say I up-voted that post to deceive?
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/362561/#Comment_362561
    whiners punishment: no penalty/corruption for killing whiney forum players... e.g. dygz and his many forum alts... aka "we need to be relevant somehow"
    @Abarat @Dygz Which are the other alts?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    dygz is pretty open he has lots of alts. your account is less than three days old

so, HI Dygz
  • Options
    @Dygz A chat on forum between "us" might be funny.
  • Options
    @Dygz A chat on forum between "us" might be funny.

and prove nothing
  • Options
    I really don't get this hate boner some of you have for Dygz
  • Options
    edited September 2022

its ok. you dont have to. Out of curiosity, though. how many episodes of the Theory Forge or Ashen Forge have you watched prior to this moment?

• Options

Why do people hate him?
  • Options

its ok. you dont have to. Out of curiosity, though. how many episodes of the Theory Forge or Ashen Forge have you watched prior to this moment?

He is a youtuber?
  • Options

He is a youtuber?

lol
  • Options
    Why do people hate him?
    Cause they can't accept that someone can have a differing opinion to their own. It's quite childish really.
  • Options
    I'll try to stay away from threads with many posts until I figure out the factions on the forum.
    Why was I banned and unbanned after commenting in this thread?
    This is another interesting post.
    Maybe I have to be extra careful.
  • Options

None. It's irrelevant: you were the one who mentioned Dygz in this thread. He never commented on this thread.

You have issues my dude.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

None. It's irrelevant: you were the one who mentioned Dygz in this thread. He never commented on this thread.

You have issues my dude.

how many forum alts do you think dygz has? Dygz... serious question, how many forum alts do you have? and, why do you have any at all?
  • Options

You have issues my dude.

how many forum alts do you think dygz has? Dygz... serious question, how many forum alts do you have? and, why do you have any at all?

I think you just can't help yourself thinking about Dygz. This one's on you buddy.
  • Options

You have issues my dude.

I think you just can't help yourself thinking about Dygz. This one's on you buddy.

maybe. we will see
  • Options
    Well this got off topic
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Well this got off topic
    To bring it back I suggest having a policy that makes anyone who mentions Dygz on the forums into the enemy of the state automatically. And I shall be the first victim of that policy.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Well this got off topic
    To bring it back I suggest having a policy that makes anyone who mentions Dygz on the forums into the enemy of the state automatically. And I shall be the first victim of that policy.[/quot
    NiKr wrote: »
    Well this got off topic
    To bring it back I suggest having a policy that makes anyone who mentions Dygz on the forums into the enemy of the state automatically. And I shall be the first victim of that policy.

As long as any Dygz posts served the same function... i am in.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Conspiracy theory from Sep 1 Official Ashes Discord. Some folks love to troll.
    :D

[1:34 PM][Enveus] DA: He like's to push that PVE agenda hard with him and his alts lol
    ImNCDRq.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    right.i am the one with the issues.

Dygz, once and for all, straight answer... do you have forum alts that you use to push your agenda?
  • Options
    No funny Business: If you equip the Stufferton Skin while in a node, you gain corruption for every 10 seconds you have it equipped and the guards will attempt to execute you if you are within city limits.
    GJjUGHx.gif
This discussion has been closed.