Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Code-In Input Delay

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    daveywavey wrote: »
    So, we have to stop using keyboard&mouse now, too?
    Nah, you just have to pick the right one for your situation.

If you are spending time trying to minimize your latency between the client and server, and are not spending any time on your input or display latency, then you are kind of doing the same as running a Ryzen 9 7950x with a GTX1050 - any gains you make in one area are lost due to not paying attention to the other area.

That said, in an MMORPG, the same is true in reverse. If you optimize your input and display latency, but not your client/server latency, your gains from the former aren't going to really be noticed due to the latter.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    how about no? next.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    If you are spending time trying to minimize your latency between the client and server, and are not spending any time on your input or display latency, then you are kind of doing the same as running a Ryzen 9 7950x with a GTX1050 - any gains you make in one area are lost due to not paying attention to the other area.

That said, in an MMORPG, the same is true in reverse. If you optimize your input and display latency, but not your client/server latency, your gains from the former aren't going to really be noticed due to the latter.

Neither of those are really true. If your system creates 50 ms of latency sending out the signal and 30 ms processing and displaying the ones recieved, you'll benefit either way from reducing it.
    What are these useless platitudes dude.
    Liniker wrote: »
    how about no? next.

You're getting over 100ms of delay either way so eat it son lol. Nothing you will ever do about it either so suck it up.
  • Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022

Why are you acting like I'm telling you to do something?

Reality is kicking you in the balls lol stop looking at me like I did it.

Do you always start something by acting like others are telling you what to do?
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022
    You're getting over 100ms of delay either way so eat it son lol. Nothing you will ever do about it either so suck it up.

you so dumb I'm not even gonna bother... dude made his account in the forums 3 days ago and thinks he is teaching the world something new lmao
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »

you so dumb I'm not even gonna bother... dude made his account in the forums 3 days ago and thinks he is teaching the world something new lmao

Do you think I was born 3 days ago? You confused?

People already play with over 100 ms delay. If you haven't already done something about it then you won't. If anything I've said is news to you and you do something about it then I've been teaching you.

I prefer the honorary, "Master". Master Sapiverenus.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Neither of those are really true. If your system creates 50 ms of latency sending out the signal and 30 ms processing and displaying the ones recieved, you'll benefit either way from reducing it.
    Yeah, but if you fix both, the gains are greater than the sum of the two.

This is why I used the example of a high powered CPU paired with a low.powered GPU. Most people would understand what the results of this are in relation to balancing the two out.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Yeah, but if you fix both, the gains are greater than the sum of the two.

This is why I used the example of a high powered CPU paired with a low.powered GPU. Most people would understand what the results of this are in relation to balancing the two out.

"any gains you make in one area are lost due to not paying attention to the other area."
    It's a bit exaggerated.
  • Options

Why are you acting like I'm telling you to do something?

Reality is kicking you in the balls lol stop looking at me like I did it.

Do you always start something by acting like others are telling you what to do?

As if I'd ever let someone like you tell me what to do. Grow up. And since you're not going to be playing Ashes, piss off and let us enjoy the Ashes forum without you.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    For abilities and moves that are slow to respond to input anyway; as in high intertia; the devs can [and maybe already coded in] an input priority change where those high inertia moves get put as lower prio to process and some "inertia reduction" flag so a different version of the ability gets used that reacts quicker but behaves the same from the player's viewpoint.
    Hopefully these kinds of optimizations will be throughout the game.