Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Be really honest with what was shown yesterday about the Ranger.

2»

Comments

• Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    I mean, to me, that aerial attack looked way more "explosive" than some sliding around like a breakdancer.

The speed of the combat seems good and they've shown perfect representation of Ranger's skillset. There was a long slow but powerful charged shot, a super fast low but rising dmg triple shot and that aerial attack showed the "explosiveness" and the potential for mobility.

Imo this was a much much better showcase of what the archetype will be than what we saw with the previous combat showcase.

Of course, 100% agree that it has been a better showcase than previous ones.

But in my opinion (I say this mostly as a former BDO harcore player) I understand that AoC tries to balance the moves for a more controlled pvp/pve environment and I think that's great, but I hope that in Intrepid's perspective they don't leave out the explosiveness of some moves that make one or another class feel different.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    If you are a carebear and like pushing tab to fight it was fine, if only there were any other fantasy MMORPG's that have done that...........................................

For my personal opinion it was terrible. Stop dodging the question about what's the point of action combat, what's the benefit over tab target...there are none and that's ok...just say it FFS. Just take away action combat because what you have is terrible, just keep your easy mode tab target combat and make it the best you can. For all the no skill pvp'rs sake just focus on what you are actually making...tab target. I unfortunately won't be playing it unless you switch to something closer to action or FPS...even New world has a much better combat system in the way I prefer gaming. My opinion.
  • Options
    beretta7 wrote: »
    I unfortunately won't be playing it unless you switch to something closer to action or FPS...even New world has a much better combat system in the way I prefer gaming. My opinion.

Unfortunate for who? If Ashes were a pure action game, would you frame your opinion as ‘Fortunately, I will be playing..”? I’m just curious.

Either way … great. Enjoy playing what you play.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    My honest opinion: a video is not enough. A video can show if it's dogshit, a video can show if it's probably good, but I can only tell if it's good or if it's bad by playing.

Too many people seem like experts that can tell it's great or it's dogshit from watching an old dude bad at games spamming 3 skills + LMB at stupid easy mobs with god mode turned on.

If it turns out that the combat/ranger/everything is bad, we'll only find out during Alpha 2. If it turns out it's pretty good, then lucky us.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    I unfortunately won't be playing it unless you switch to something closer to action or FPS...even New world has a much better combat system in the way I prefer gaming. My opinion.

Unfortunate for who? If Ashes were a pure action game, would you frame your opinion as ‘Fortunately, I will be playing..”? I’m just curious.

Unfortunately as in I won't be supporting this game financially, and I wish with all the content it was New World pvp. It's everything New world should have been. That game that I'm looking for just hasn't been launched yet and it's a little frustrating after watching 29 games over 2 decades launching and most failing to be WoW.
  • Options

Unfortunately as in I won't be supporting this game financially, and I wish with all the content it was New World pvp. It's everything New world should have been. That game that I'm looking for just hasn't been launched yet and it's a little frustrating after watching 29 games over 2 decades launching and most failing to be WoW.

Got it. Hope you find what you’re looking for.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pretty happy with the Ranger progression.

Hope to see at least some close skills and not all at range. (Would like to be able to do dungeon content as a ranger)
  • Options

I'm curious have you played BDO or Elyon?