Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 2 release

FweeWifryFweeWifry Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
what year can we expect the alpha 2? early next year? late next year? any predictions at least?

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Prediction without direct evidence: 2023
  • Options
    May 26th, 2023

At 11am PST....Exactly!!!
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited October 2022
    Never
    We are just here for the meme, making history.. Star Citizen - move out the way
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Soon™️

w8k349vqslz2.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Q1 or Q2 2023 if I had to guess
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    alpha 2 2026

We just returned from Andromeda. :smile:
    Steven looks much older indeed.
    Jumping like that into the fight... He almost died during the demo.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    alpha 2 2026

I meant Q3 2029
    img]
  • Options
    alpha 2 2026

I meant Q3 2029

By then, we will have turn based combat so that Steven can keep up with those minotaurs.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    Prediction without direct evidence: 2023

copy..
  • Options
    One sec...
    m0atxdmqqggb.png

MY guess 2023 summer - 2023 winter it could release..
  • Options
    We just must know...

We're colaborate and helping building a perfect game for the future genetations

New date...Feb 2027
  • Options
    I think they should continue development for the rest of 2022 and throughout 2023. Announce the Alpha 2 for early 2024. Use 2024 for the Alpha 2, Beta 1 and Beta 2 tests and have a full official launch in early 2025.

Unless Intrepid is keeping literal mountains of content and information close to their chest, I don't think we have seen anywhere near enough content and systems to warrant an Alpha 2 date at the beginning of next year. Do people seriously think this would be a good idea given how much (how little) we have actually seen regarding the game?

Last Dev stream Steven talked about having another big hiring push at the beginning of 2023. This kind of thing takes time. Hiring, catching up and fully integrating people into teams takes weeks/months. I think those who are hoping for an early 2023 Alpha are fooling themselves.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »
    I think they should continue development for the rest of 2022 and throughout 2023. Announce the Alpha 2 for early 2024. Use 2024 for the Alpha 2, Beta 1 and Beta 2 tests and have a full official launch in early 2025.
    How long is the Alpha 2 supposed to be?
    Maybe can be 2 years long?
    I've seen somewhere that the game will not be complete when Alpha 2 starts so adding the rest of the content can take quite some time too.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »
    Unless Intrepid is keeping literal mountains of content and information close to their chest, I don't think we have seen anywhere near enough content and systems to warrant an Alpha 2 date at the beginning of next year. Do people seriously think this would be a good idea given how much (how little) we have actually seen regarding the game?

According to Kickstarter, it was supposed to be ready in December 2018.
    What have they done all these years?
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022

Learning that building an MMORPG is a massive time investment, and that it's very hard to hire for critical roles like Senior Economy Designer, Senior Quest Designer, and Senior Systems Designer, all of which are still open.

(And COVID, but obviously that's after 2018.)
  • Options

Hired staff. Built a battle royale. Tooled a custom back end system for unreal. Which they then had to fix and get working. Made alpha 1. Switched to unreal engine 5 and interrupted everyones workflow. Making alpha 2.

Add in the whole corona virus fun time in the middle and you're good.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    SongRune wrote: »

Learning that building an MMORPG is a massive time investment, and that it's very hard to hire for critical roles like Senior Economy Designer, Senior Quest Designer, and Senior Systems Designer, all of which are still open.

(And COVID, but obviously that's after 2018.)
    :disappointed:
    Probably the most skilled developers want to go to AAA companies. And those mmos fail too.
  • Options

Crafting a good game.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    A2 will def will be around Q2 of 2023.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    How long is the Alpha 2 supposed to be?
    Maybe can be 2 years long?
    I've seen somewhere that the game will not be complete when Alpha 2 starts so adding the rest of the content can take quite some time too.

Alpha 2 is a persistent alpha that will be run for a period, before being transformed into the PTR when the game officially launches. Stephen has stated that Alpha 2 will start without all content present, and will receive frequent updates until it is, before moving into the Beta phase.

Honestly, I think 2+ years is too long for a period of testing. Stephen has stated that the Alpha will be persistent and the game will be fully "complete" before the launch of Beta's, which are only there to Iron out kinks and fix bugs.

I don't think it is particularly helpful to "hope" for an earlier date, but I also don't think it would be wise to carry on in development much longer than this.

• Options
    predictions:
    alpha 2 will launch between april - june 2023
    they said all classes will be available for alpha 2 and if i remember correctly, the bard and either the rogue or the warrior were going to be in alpha 1, so probably those classes are pretty close to be ready and they are just tweaking them.
    i think they will reveal one class every 2 months with other types of updates in between. plus, they said in the last stream that they will show more about the sub class and augment system in a few more streams, so probably before 2023 is over. we are missing the bard, the rogue and the summoner ( i think they showed the warrior in the last melee update?).

they are probably going to do a magic combat update and show the summoner (or the bard, hopefully not more of the mage hahaha) at the end of november, then the augment system in december, then another class in january, and the last one in march then alpha
  • Options
    At this point I'd settle for a date on nodes 3.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Crafting a good game.

tbh, you can't say that....yet :D only after it's done we can say if it's good or bad

as of now.. there is no game
    img]
  • Options
    It be cool if they could open up a bit of Vera for the Alpha 2 investors.
    Character creation & a bit of running round until level 20.
    I tell you what i know about Dwarf's.
    Very little
  • Options
    IronhopeIronhope Member
    edited October 2022
    My guess, looking at the development they've made so far and the stuff they still have to do:

Probably late 2023.

Beta mid-late 2024.

Release late 2024 or early 2025.

Alpha 2 needs to look very good for an alpha.

This game is very hyped and it is going to be advertising as much as it's going to be important for testing.

Large numbers of people will base their opinion on what they will see in streams/videos in regards to Alpha 2.

Even as an Alpha 2 it will need to have interesting stuff, look nice and everything.

If they were going to release it purely for testing purposes, sure, early 2023 would be my guess too.

But that would be just unwise and I haven't seen Intrepid be unwise much so far.
  • Options
    By 2025 the GeForce 4090 will have the same benchmarks as a potato. End up being a 300 Gigabyte DL.
    I tell you what i know about Dwarf's.
    Very little
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    FweeWifry wrote: »
    what year can we expect the alpha 2? early next year? late next year? any predictions at least?

not in your lifetime... just give up

this is AOC - the game is in the forums.. already been release.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    I've been trying to estimate how many monthly updates away we are based on the content goals for A2. I think we still need one update for each of the following:

1-4: The last four zones that haven't been shown yet on the Western continent that A2 is taking place on. Someone please correct me if Steven has already said some of the circled regions won't be in A2:

wc4eh6zjfed6.jpg

5-6: Processing and Crafting Classes

7: Naval Content

8: Updated Caravans

9: Final Node Update, stages four and five, potentially stage six.

10: Mount Abilities / Combat (Might be included in the Processing Class Update)

11-12: Updated Sword and Board Combat and Spellcasting Combat

13-14: Updated Node Sieges + Ruins and Guild Castles + Sieges

15: Updated Freeholds

Some of these things might end up being skipped over or doubled up on as we get closer to A2. Little things would likely be tucked in as extras along the way - the rest of the player-races featured in-game as well as more NPC races, more mount types, the land conservation system, surveying, etc.

Judging by all this A2-confirmed content yet to be shown off to us, I'd say we're unlikely to see A2 drop until the very end of 2023. The studio is still hiring more senior developers in many areas, so if they pick up more employees between now and A2, that could speed up development time as well.

That being said, I'm still hopeful that Steven and the team are sitting on a growing supply of update videos that they've just been hiding from us and are secretly planning some big announcement for next summer. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Nova_terraNova_terra Member
    edited November 2022
    I am not sure why it would be expected that Steven and the team has to show everything prior to A2? I mean sure there are definitely things they will touch on but they have 1.5 hours a month to drop info so I doubt we will see everything prior to A2.
  • Options
    Nova_terra wrote: »
    I am not sure why it would be expected that Steven has to show everything prior to A2? I mean sure there are definitely things they will touch on but they have 1.5 hours a month to drop info so I doubt we will see everything prior to A2.

We aren't supposed to. Steven has also said alot of things wont be there at the beginning of A2. But will be there by the end of A2.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png