Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Artisan Classes!

2»

Comments

• Options
    GoreGoth wrote: »
    Caravan building and ship building is on arcane engineering now?

I'm guessing it will be spread out. So like certain "attachments" to your ships may be done through Carpentry (hulls, masts, etc?), or Weaponsmithing (balistas?), or Tailoring (sails?), or Arcane Engineering (potion launchers?). Same goes for Caravans - perhaps wheels may be a part of Carpentry or an armored carriage could be part of Armorsmithing. Just my guess. Hopefully we get more clarification.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    I cant wait to test these out in game and see what minigame that steven mentioned for crafting, i think crafting/gathering professions are more exciting with a minigame and a meaningful reward for increased time to get said item

I was thinking they could change it so you can max 2 and +1 for a significant amount more exp would be cool but i dont think it'd be worth it for the risk of bots making use of something like that despite making it feel more cool to invest in your main
  • Options
    prymortal wrote: »
    I think Gathering should be removed as a "artisan class". Really doesn't need explaining why if you played enough MMO's & seen the forum posts/patch notes from those games. If you are Noob well tl:dr bots, players, economy, limitations on crafting items cause end game crafters to leave early & limiting(cuck) the "legendary" mats long term at the start doesn't work well in the end, unless they are willing to patch the mistake out which wont help make players return. If you keep it to Processing/Crafting that's is 2, so 50/50 & you have very few troubles with leveling & keeping leveled players.
    In the end is all comes down to balance, players & limitations. But I'm Going to bookmark this for future reference since I don't need hindsight on this matter.

The 3 artisan categories requires players to interact with eachother more. They all need eachother to progress as masters, so it creates a supply and demand across several types of professions.
    GJjUGHx.gif