Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP players ideas: "Getting the same CORRUPTION for hitting a player as finishing him (killing)"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Depraved wrote: »

ok lets say you are a healer or buffer and your doing your own thing, then someone comes to you and asks you for heals or buffs. they say hey ill pay you 1000 gold for heals or buffs. you take the money and heal or buff them, then 2 seconds later they go and murder someone nearby because they didnt like him or it was a kos. is it fair that you get corruption?

another example. you are leveling with your party and you see another party coming. you know they will pvp you for the spot (because youve played these type of games before and you developed a sense of awareness and know when someone will attack you before they do it) then you decide to strike first and focus fire kill their healer before the go purple. is it fair that everybody in your party gets corruption? now ur all red, you cant cc the other party, but u can be cced, and you get your stats dampened. the strategic decision you made, while having a risk, would give u an advantage and ultimately the reward of winning the fight. but now u gonna lose a 7 vs 8 and ur whole party will be gearless. even if you win the 8vs7, everybody will have corruption x8 instead of just maybe 1 or 2 players. probably pretty hard to cleanse all that before they come back and kill you, or someone else shows up and kills you.

another example. lets say you are trying to find someone willing to pvp, then you see a guy and hit him once. you realize he doesnt wanna pvp and then you leave. 2 seconds later he dies to a mob cuz he messed up, maybe overpulled or whatever the reason. is it fair that you get corruption?

Yes, because you helped them do it. Now you're 1000 gold richer. Congrats

Of course it's fair. Your whole party contributed to a green players death who you assumed was a threat before they had done anything. That should be quite obvious. The CC immunity would be there regardless of how corruption works and is a separate issue. As I said before, it would not be in the game if it were up to me. You can't claim self defense if you're the one that attacked first, that's how it should be. Corruption is not gained for killing combatants even while you are corrupt. The way I imagine It would be contribution based and accumulate in a corruption meter while you are a combatant. So in other words, for minor-moderate contributions it would take several non combatant kills in a row to turn you red. That would also give you time to cleanse the meter before it fills up.

It all depends on how much damage that one hit did since it would be contribution based.
  • Options
    ok lets say they both pay me 1000 gold and i heal both of them. then suddenly one of them decides to pk the other one. should i get corruption ?

this suggestion is ridiculous