I'm Convinced

2»

Comments

• As a bounty hunter, I still want the option to send reds to the gibbets in the city for 15 minutes, when the cage opens then the mob can lynch the guy... if he dies again then he goes to the regular spawn
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited December 2022
    Why I love EVE system?

Because in EVE there is no flagging, there are timers and they have their own scopes:
    • player x player: duels and open pvp agression
    • player x everybody: criminals and suspects
    • guild x guild: wars

Example player to player:
    o2i9wt6lcwgm.png

So EVE's system can't be exploited, one example I think AoC can be "exploited" (not a real exploit at all):

Use a PURPLE bait against a GREEN and make him become PURPLE, then the RED can show up and kill the PURPLE

In EVE with it's scopes:
    • red skull: confirmed criminal, shootable by all
    • yellow skull: suspect, shootable by all
    • cyan skull: combatant, shootable by you
    • red star: legal war, both sides can freely shoot each other permanently at any given day while war is active

Bringing EVE system to AoC we would have this:
    • guild wars: both sides will always see purple/red regardless the flag, there would be no green enemies
    • green gatherer: if gatherer fights back then he will be purple only to the attackers, everybody else around him will still see him as green
    • node wars: citizens from both nodes will always see each other as purple or red
    • sea: everybody purple/red

What this would cause?
    This would cause some fights which your friend from the other guild will be lynched in front of you while you are seeing him and his attackers as GREEN!!!! :#

But they would all be seeing each other as purple!
    You don't have the right to fight that fight, it is an ilegal fight for you, this happens in EVE too, but at least EVE is fair
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited December 2022
    So what makes sense for AoC?

Makes sense that the GREEN gatherer who fights back will still be green and fend off his combatant.... green until the end

If the GREEN guy switches to PURPLE than it is his fault, more purples or reds could show up and gank him

So the green guy defending himself should have an combatant timer against his attacker being purple or red
    Follow EVE:
    ciejiemvcmvo.png
    wlo6lhb1uswy.png

It is LIMITED to that combatant

If AoC keeps the green gatherer as green while defending himself, then it's fine
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2022
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Where's the cooldown for changing the flag color?

If I am a solo purple and a bunch of purples come my way to attack me, can I instantly turn green and flip the finger to them and yell:
    CONTENT DENIED

There is a timer, during which your name flickers purple/green.
    People would want to stop hitting during that.
    Otherwise if they land a
    KILLING
    hit once the flickering stops then they will turn red.
  • I feel like people will just make alts to grief, and just keep them somewhere safe to lower the wanted levels to they go out again or just log off until they want to grief again
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    People would want to stop hitting during that.
    Otherwise if they land a hit once the flickering stops then they will turn red.

Only if they land a killing blow after the flicker stops. Landing a hit wouldnt do anything if they are already combatants.