Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Escape spell

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2022
    NiKr wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    If it were to be put in place as per the OPs suggestion (50 meters, random direction, 5 minute recast), I dont see any further limitations on it that would be needed at all.

As I said above though, I am not saying I think it is a good idea - I am undecided on that at this point still. All I am saying is that limitations are not required for it.
    But does it serve its purpose with that kind of design? I feel like it doesn't. It would probably help out in 1v1 pvp, but then it would only realistically work w/o mobs around, because if you're trying to run away from danger TPing from a pvper into mobs that will now bring you down while the pvper can just run up to you on a mount would defeat the point of the TP.

In any bigger pvp encounters you'll have your enemies spread out, so there's more chances to TP into them. And in 1vX or 1v1 PK attempts the green can just mount up and run away.

These are my main grievances with this kind of feature.

In regards to your solo concerns, that would be a risk of using it.

In terms of larger PvP, you shouldn't be able to escape from it via such a simple method.

As I have said a few times though, I am still not sure if I like the idea or not. Edit to add; I tend to only decide to like an idea if I feel I can defend it against the people that will (without exception) take issue with me having an opinion on something. I'm not completely sure I could defend this as an idea.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    NiKr wrote: »
    Myosotys wrote: »
    I mean the point is not to make something completely OP that work 100% of the time. Just a skill/spell to use in some situations
    And the chances are, you gonna have someone use it right when they need it and it'll fuck them over, and they'll never use it again. And then will complain that rng is bad and that the spell should be changed.

This will happen in any game regardless of whether the design is good or bad.

While 'a person' may be smart, 'people' are almost always stupid. Someone will always complain that the RNG is broken because they didn't get the result they want.

Hell, someone will complain that the RNG is broken just because they can't predict it.

That is where people like you and I come in - we tell them they are idiots.