Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are your expectations for the necromancer?

Aces_Are_WildAces_Are_Wild Member
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
Was wondering what everyone was expecting on playing a necromancer, i my self was hoping not only able to summon a couple minions at lest 3 lower level one or one big one but the ability to do some damage and heal your mates at the same time like the spell bloom & doom spell from d&d

Comments

• Options
    For me a Necromancer (Summoner/Cleric) would be able to summon undead creatures like spirits, ghouls, skeletons or zombies[...]
    It is known that with the skills you choose, you can influence the quantity and quality of your summons.
    The Past determines your decisions in the Present & the Present determines your decisions in the Future.The Future is obsolete until it becomes the Present - The Endless Spiral
  • Options
    Aces_Are_WildAces_Are_Wild Member
    edited November 2022
    Yeah they should be cool , just hope they let you play the charter different ways like , options of being next to or summons as you fight not just having them tank for you
  • Options
    I mean it is mentioned in the AoC Wiki that you can actually control your Summons to a certain degree !
    The Past determines your decisions in the Present & the Present determines your decisions in the Future.The Future is obsolete until it becomes the Present - The Endless Spiral
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Mr_MaDrupalow Perhaps these undead summons would not all be generic skeletons or zombies, I would like it if these could be undead versions of characters that players made in the character creator and then deleted, or characters from deleted accounts (including characters of accounts deleted for botting and cheating). Occasionally someone might recognize the reanimated undead as someone they saw or knew in the past.
  • Options
    They say on wiki they will let you design your summons looks
  • Options
    @tautau Big Thumbs up for that suggestion !

Or the undead summons look like corrupted players you killed once? :joy:
  • Options
    Im not sure how good u could do this but ive always wanted a necro to be able to do rituals not just summon Minions. For example they collect bones and then can make a skeletton at a shrine wich costs bones and takes time but gives a skeletton that stays much longer for example.
  • Options
    @Wakathereal That's an interesting idea but would have little to no use in PvE and PvP combat. Because of the "casting" time.
  • Options
    It would be Something you prepare. Like before a Siege U go collect bones and do your rituals so you have better pets for the Battle.
  • Options
    I seen on a video that they will have special summons for large-scale PVP where a group of Summoners work together to summon a huge monster
  • Options
    Yes those 8 Summoners need to be in one Party
  • Options
    Been think more about playing as a necromancer and what else I hope will happen, I feel like the necromancer would be a good healer , but not the best healer as they could have moves to bring player charters back to life and maybe have area effect moves that heal allies for a small amount in an area while hurting enemies something like the spell Wither and Bloom in d&d ,
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022
    Was wondering what everyone was expecting on playing a necromancer, i my self was hoping to be able to summon a couple minions at lest 3 lower level ones with the options to have summon the more powerful but in less numbers

That is the exact design. You can choose 1-3 minions to have up at a time and the single summon is the strongest individual.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner
  • Options
    Ideally I want some semi decayed creatures or abominations meshed together to shamble out and eat my enemies. Also I was hoping to do animal husbandry with my necromancer with the aim of the guardian system sacrificing some of my power to have a pet in that regard and with the breeding system make an even more terrifying monstrosity. I like the idea of a swamp witch collecting creatures and using necromancy to make the embodiment of nightmares.
  • Options
    MMOAddictMMOAddict Member
    edited November 2022
    i am also planing on starting with this class on my first char.
    Summoner is gona be a jack of all trades and secundairy cleric should provide good self healing so i expect high(er) survivability in pve content with this class and also very nice to have in your group
    Not that your gonna be solo playing dungeons or someting in ashes
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Options
    Im not sure how good u could do this but ive always wanted a necro to be able to do rituals not just summon Minions. For example they collect bones and then can make a skeletton at a shrine wich costs bones and takes time but gives a skeletton that stays much longer for example.

this would be an exelent idea for summoner/bard class :smile:
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Options
    I seen that sieges will allow summoner to work together to summon a really big thing
  • Options
    For me a Necromancer (Summoner/Cleric) would be able to summon undead creatures like spirits, ghouls, skeletons or zombies[...]
    It is known that with the skills you choose, you can influence the quantity and quality of your summons.

We have a lore dilema right now, when people die in AoC they become ashes, because the Goddess power of giving and taking life

So there's no corpse, I wonder what Intrepid will come with for fixing that
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    I hope that Necromancers can sacrifice players and turn them into Wraiths
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/54505/sacrifice-players-and-turn-them-into-wraiths#latest
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    I just wish necro would have the ability to have there minion sit uinderground as a trap kinda thing, if somone wanders into the trigger zone a bunch of arms burst through the ground pull them self half out of the ground let out a horrific skeletal laugh before ripping themselfs out of the ground and lunging at you :p
  • Options
    It feels like many of you have extremely inflated ideas of skills/abilities that they will be pulling off. I mean I am excited as all of you, but these seem like single player game abilities.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Stevens ideas of the Necromancer'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBCY-A-GUqI

1:05:19
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2022
    I expect IS to have time to develop a new class/weapon system even after A2.

The current design is too ambitious, without signs of rewarding class ID for numerous iconic videogame archetypes (traditional classes, paladins, necros, etc etc etc).
    Some things dont need a new wheel reinvention. Quality of options is better than quantity of options.

I hope they allocated time for redevelopment of classes/weapons, their animations and more.
    It's a massive part of combat, which is a main pillar of mmorpgs.
    The class feeling is more prominent than any other game in mmos, as opposed to survival games, pvp battle royal or team v team games or mobas.

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2022
    I disagree with the proposed design, the IS possition is "we are confident in our design".
    I just hope they have time for a plan B. It would be better than developing land management, surveying (artificial solution to artificial RNG mining problem), or gathering griefing potential and systems to balance it.

The past few weeks we saw more plans for it. Unecessary. And people applaud and encourage, whilst the spin-to-win ability has the same animation for greatsword, daggers and probably all the other weapons. That's bad. As bad as the choice for some ability animations which spawn magic armaments and removing the actual item weapons from the animation.

I am at a loss (being a rl tradesman) for the love of some gamers show towards life skills gameplay (instead of picking up a couple tools and creating real life things even just as a hobby) and the little regard they give for class/weapons in an mmorpg.
    Such little discussion over it.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would love to be able to use the same tech as the character creator to modify my summons, based on set templates of course. I am most likely making a Dünir summoner, possibly Necromancer, and I'd want my summons to also be Dünir based. Dünir skeleton, zombie, ghoul, whatever.